Game Day Thread - Bombers @ Argos

BigBlue

16 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

One is just fine. More than enough. That would mean 4 per game & I don't think fans want that.Save it for when it is truly needed. We go entire games now without challenges & it is great. 

How do you get 4 out of one per half? New math?

40 minutes ago, Fraser said:

I would assume he means one each team per half would be 4.

Correct....That does not mean they would all get used however. Just seems to me that when the refs really bungle

it like they often do, there should at least be a remedy.

Can somebody tell me why there isn't an illegal participation penalty on Toronto when Dressler made the catch near the sideline at around 30:09 in the above posted video?  The guy clearly stepped on the line, so why is he allowed to make that tackle?

2 hours ago, blitzmore said:

Correct....That does not mean they would all get used however. Just seems to me that when the refs really bungle

it like they often do, there should at least be a remedy.

Look what happened the last time. You DON'T THINK coaches would use them?  It would be terrible. 

2 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

The league doesn't need more challenges. One a game is plenty.

What the league does need is for the "eye in the sky" to overturn painfully obvious calls that a challenge shouldn't be wasted on.

If that's what it takes I'm all for it...I just think 1 challenge for an obvious bad call...like in a few games past week is 1 short for a team.

Eye in the sky to fix the problem, fine, but they better review the whole play. There was one last week where it took two challenges

1 from each team to get it right, so that was it. I think 1 per half is not excessive and won't always be used.

21 hours ago, Doublezero said:

QB Bryan Bennett on punt cover at 1:26ish -and he's in on the tackle! But looking at the set-up there's gotta be a play off this formation in the future. 

you're 100% right... I actually notice Bennett playing teams in the second BC game (he had a tackle in that one too) and I said to my buddy... he's out there so that when we need to run a trick play with a QB it won't look suspicious... also helps that he can actually play teams... reminds me of what Edm was doing a few years ago...