Game Day Thread - Bombers @ Argos

BigBlue

55 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

He’s not better than Mitchell by any stretch and him being the third best QB in the league is more an indictment on the state of QBing in the CFL because Harris isn’t good either. 

It's actually pretty sad right now.  There's 3 established starters in the league IMO.  Mitchell, Reilly, Nichols.  Lulay can play but for how many games?  Harris is a mess, Masoli is kind of on the fringe, Montreal has no one, Saskatchewan has no one, and Franklin needs work.

3 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Streveler was warming halfway through the 4th quarter... and then Demski gifted the Argos with a fumble return TD to put them back to two possessions behind.

And then once the Bombers put the game out of reach, it was all run plays so it would have made no difference who the qb was.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I'm so mad at TSN... PVR recorded MLS soccer for the first half....  does anyone have a link or source where I can watch the first half??

What I saw in the 2nd half was a terrible Franklin,  great pressure up front by our d-line and apparently Bowman isn't playing anymore for us???

I don't understand why people are mad at coaches for players fumbling that's all on the player??

My only gripe is why wasn't LaFrance and Streveler in the game for the last 2 drives?

TSN will put up a full stream of the game online (not via app as far as I can tell) and YouTube usually has it after that. Takes a few hours for either to post it though. 

Holy ****...if I hadn't watched the game.  I would have thought we lost based on the comments in this thread.  Never happy.   

The Argo offence didn't put up a single point on us.

TSN fooled me too. I had to work today, so I recorded it on TSN 1.  Came home to find out the game was already in the late stages of the 3rd quarter.  Luckily, Telus allows you to go back and restart the game. The only bad part is you cant skip forward.  So I had to watch all those Ikea commercials. 

Looking for a BIG game next week at home. 

6 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Holy ****...if I hadn't watched the game.  I would have thought we lost based on the comments in this thread.  Never happy.   

The Argo offence didn't put up a single point on us.

TSN fooled me too. I had to work today, so I recorded it on TSN 1.  Came home to find out the game was already in the late stages of the 3rd quarter.  Luckily, Telus allows you to go back and restart the game. The only bad part is you cant skip forward.  So I had to watch all those Ikea commercials. 

Looking for a BIG game next week at home. 

...and just imagine how much more enjoyable that experience would be sitting on your new Fargenfluven!

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

...and just imagine how much more enjoyable that experience would be sitting on your new Fargenfluven!

Pardon???????   The last time I sat on my Fargenfluven.  I had to make a visit to my proctologist.  

I must admit that I'd rather watch an Ikea commercial vs. a Tim Horton's commercial. 

4 hours ago, Captain Blue said:

Very quietly, this Bomber defense has improved a lot. Game plan compared to that Hamilton game has shifted now too. We are putting so much more emphasis on 4-man rushes, sinking our secondary into coverage and letting them play. Bighill and JSK are still really active against both the run and pass. And then when we do blitz it has a much bigger impact. I love it. Richie Hall deserves some love for that. Hope we can keep it going.

Offense was pretty darn good again today too. It sure seemed like they wanted to avoid the mistake of underutilizing Harris. Good outing for most. 

Three turnovers leading to so many quick points was unfortunate. Hilarious in my opinion to blame coaching when those guys are very reliable and still had good games too (Fogg, Harris, Demski). Winning back to backs is really difficult, but this game gave me quite a lot of hope.

Ummmm....no. One good game against a rookie QB and a suspect offence does not qualify this as a good or even improving defence. Check back in a couple-three games.

I'd say Streveler is already our James Franklin - a very very good backup QB...

What was the challenge OShea threw - TSN never replayed it...  got to see a replay of the ref running backwards in slo mo and falling... very grateful for that

Fun game - Neufeld is slowly winning me over, Bomber OL makes TO OL look like plugs.

Just play 3 NI REC already... why not

Didn't get a chance to see the game today, but did watch the highlights and read the summary. Sounds like a very good day for the Bombers and Nichols shows that he is still the guy, if anyone was ever questioning that.

Bombers need to follow this up with a sweep of Toronto in Winnipeg.

Anything less will drop the team in the rankings generate more questions around whether they are as good as the last 2 years.

1 hour ago, DR. CFL said:

Sadly the East is going to drive this league into the ground. While it’s always great to see your team win this league needs competitive balance to be viable. Empty seats and poor TV ratings will ultimately hurt the CFL.  

BC and Montreal are almost more troublesome IMO.  The solution in Toronto has been so obvious for years, they just need some actual money to build a cheap stadium in the suburbs.  MLSE and Rob Ford’s big bro might just be the Argos ticket out of downtown.

13 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

It's actually pretty sad right now.  There's 3 established starters in the league IMO.  Mitchell, Reilly, Nichols.  Lulay can play but for how many games?  Harris is a mess, Masoli is kind of on the fringe, Montreal has no one, Saskatchewan has no one, and Franklin needs work.

Lulay and Harris are dam good qb's. 

Re: O'Shea's challenge. I was laughing when he's trying to make the challenge. O'Shea says something, the ref shakes his head no. O'Shea says something again. Ref shakes his head no. O'Shea finally figures out that he can't challenge what he wants to challenge and settles for PI. Ref announces it. Soon after Ref announces the play stands. Dumb challenge. Even if we get it, it doesn't matter much.

36 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Lulay and Harris are dam good qb's. 

Harris is wildly inconsistent.  He served up 3 INTs that BC dropped this week.  His statlines look good sometimes but he's sub .500 as a starter.  The fact he's been pulled a couple times this season already says a lot.

Lulay is good but has no durability. 

14 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Pretty interesting interpretation given the lack of audio or replay.

It's inconceivable that O'Shea knows the rulebook better than a ref. 

That is impossible.

And O'Shea is the only coach in history, that briefly argued with a ref. That is well known.

Edited by Mark F

24 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Re: O'Shea's challenge. I was laughing when he's trying to make the challenge. O'Shea says something, the ref shakes his head no. O'Shea says something again. Ref shakes his head no. O'Shea finally figures out that he can't challenge what he wants to challenge and settles for PI. Ref announces it. Soon after Ref announces the play stands. Dumb challenge. Even if we get it, it doesn't matter much.

The challenges need some common sense, or get rid of them entirely.  Illegal contact should be reviewable on the intended receiver.  We can challenge roughing the kicker now but not illegal contact?  Just because Maas is a ****** who tried to take advantage of it?  Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.  At this point they might as well just let the booth initiate all challenges.  Having one challenge a game is stupid.  If the refs are making incorrect calls and the coaches win the challenge they should be unlimited.

14 hours ago, Tracker said:

Ummmm....no. One good game against a rookie QB and a suspect offence does not qualify this as a good or even improving defence. Check back in a couple-three games.

Rookie qb? Franklin is no rookie. Low in experience sure. But he's no rookie. And keeping any team to 4 points offensively is impressive. 

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

He seemed to be consulting with Dressler in that conversation, he may not have even seen the infraction but took Dressler on his word.

7 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

He seemed to be consulting with Dressler in that conversation, he may not have even seen the infraction but took Dressler on his word.

I'm fairly sure he was trying to challenge contact on a rec. Ref told him he couldn't, then said he would pick it up, which would have been a delay of game....so he challenged pi. I'm not a very good lip reader though.