[MERGED] WPG vs. BC - Battles to Watch

BigBlue

Hard to see how the Bomber defence can be any good for this game. Not that the players are not good, but how can they have any idea where to be and what to do?

I guess they can look at individual effort and demonstrations of ability.

and keep it very basic.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I'd like to see Couture take a big HUGE step and steal the RT spot. That will definitely goes a long way in terms of our ratio flexibility. 

Also, would like to see Brandin Bryant in action. 

I'm a bit surprised Couture got tagged for RT...  I thought maybe Chungh would get a look

Possibly Gray down road as well..watching Spooner ge has the body type and quick feet/athleticism to play it..though not sure he has ever played in college or is an option our staff is considering 

6 hours ago, Floyd said:

I'm a bit surprised Couture got tagged for RT...  I thought maybe Chungh would get a look

Chungh is a very good guard. Switching from guard to tackle is very tough. couture is the tackle body type and has the quickness. Chungh is probably quick enough but it isnt an optimal situation for him.

I dont see it as any surprise. couture is a c/t ideally. 

Couture has a chance to steal newfs spot as a tackle, spooner at guard, dont sleep on speller either. I could see speller taking our center spot, goosen going to guard with chungh hardrick and bryant. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Chungh is a very good guard. Switching from guard to tackle is very tough. couture is the tackle body type and has the quickness. Chungh is probably quick enough but it isnt an optimal situation for him.

I dont see it as any surprise. couture is a c/t ideally. 

Couture has a chance to steal newfs spot as a tackle, spooner at guard, dont sleep on speller either. I could see speller taking our center spot, goosen going to guard with chungh hardrick and bryant. 

Not waiting for legalization?  

The one big concern I have about our Blue (and MOS) is that we overlook recent performance and go with prior formed judgments instead. An example is keeping an almost unused Bryant at DT and ignoring an extremely good performance by Montgomery at the same position. That's both deheartehing and demotivating to the rest of the team causing doubt that will cause a few to not try to go above and beyond - - not everyone, just a few - - unless it becomes common place and then it turns into a cancer.

The opposite we are witnessing right now  in Regina where everything is recent performance: it better be good or you are cut; this ignores talent and the potentially justifiable reasons for a poor outing. In Baseball even the team's best hitters go into slumps for a variety of reasons but eventually bounce back in a most pleasing way.

Edited by BigBlue

55 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

The one big concern I have about our Blue (and MOS) is that we overlook recent performance and go with prior formed judgments instead. An example is keeping an almost unused Bryant at DT and ignoring an extremely good performance by Montgomery at the same position. That's both deheartehing and demotivating to the rest of the team causing doubt that will cause a few to not try to go above and beyond - - not everyone, just a few - - unless it becomes common place and then it turns into a cancer.

The opposite we are witnessing right now  in Regina where everything is recent performance: it better be good or you are cut; this ignores talent and the potentially justifiable reasons for a poor outing. In Baseball even the team's best hitters go into slumps for a variety of reasons but eventually bounce back in a most pleasing way.

Pretty sure Montgomery was a DE and was up against Roh, Ogo. and Jeffcoat.

3 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Pretty sure Montgomery was a DE and was up against Roh, Ogo. and Jeffcoat.

same principle nonetheless ... Casher in the same boat at DE .... besides Bryant there were  no other international DT (except perhaps Awoke) ... don't know if Montgomery was good enought to slide over or not

Bryant is a DT....and played the whole BC game...and looked good in doing so...Montgomery in essence (same with Casher) had 4 guys ahead of them on the depth chart...Jeffcoat..Opo...Roh and Corney so pretty hard to crack the roster...Opo tho higher priced has lots of value on the field and in the dressing room. Most likely will have a pretty big year too this year with a yr under his belt and so far injury free this year.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Bryant is a DT....and played the whole BC game...and looked good in doing so...Montgomery in essence (same with Casher) had 4 guys ahead of them on the depth chart...Jeffcoat..Opo...Roh and Corney so pretty hard to crack the roster...Opo tho higher priced has lots of value on the field and in the dressing room. Most likely will have a pretty big year too this year with a yr under his belt and so far injury free this year.

We will see if they can get a full-season out of Okpalaugo, doesn't hurt to keep Montgomery's phone number on hand, they should carry at least one DE on the P.R.

27 minutes ago, Booch said:

I wouldn't be concerned with Opo as a health risk...Last yr was an abberation and could be the result of not really playing a full season of ball since 2015.

His 2 years in the league prior to being here he played all 18 games in a season

I (and everyone else I'm sure) really appreciate having  your participation here Booch. Thanks.

Edited by Mark F