[MERGED] WPG vs. BC - Battles to Watch

BigBlue

On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎10 at 10:57 AM, BigBlue said:

The one big concern I have about our Blue (and MOS) is that we overlook recent performance and go with prior formed judgments instead. An example is keeping an almost unused Bryant at DT and ignoring an extremely good performance by Montgomery at the same position. That's both deheartehing and demotivating to the rest of the team causing doubt that will cause a few to not try to go above and beyond - - not everyone, just a few - - unless it becomes common place and then it turns into a cancer.

The opposite we are witnessing right now  in Regina where everything is recent performance: it better be good or you are cut; this ignores talent and the potentially justifiable reasons for a poor outing. In Baseball even the team's best hitters go into slumps for a variety of reasons but eventually bounce back in a most pleasing way.

I've expressed concerns about the inability of O'Shea to make roster changes many of times.

But, in what world are Jones and the Riders doing a better job than Walters and O'Shea? We've been better than the Riders every year they've had Jones, and Saskatchewan is on their third starting QB in three years. They're relying on Zach Collaros who's suffering from some serious Drew Willy PTSD. I would never change our situation or management or coaching staff for the Rider's in a million years.