[MERGED] WPG vs. BC - Battles to Watch

BigBlue

8 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The CFL should really consider going down to one pre-season game or getting rid of the games altogether.  They are trending more and more toward glorified scrimmages.  Clearly teams place zero value on the games for prepping their actual team.

I don't think it's a good idea,  pre season Is a good tool for coaches to use on evaluating the depth players.

22 hours ago, Atomic said:

Depth chart:

Looks like they mixed up the weak side and strong side on the defence.

Just wondering where you got the depth chart from? When I go to the Bomber website all I can find is 2016 and 2017 depth chart, nothing for Fridays game against the Lions.

18 hours ago, bearpants said:

I agree... but he might be tough to evaluate with our B-team O-line...

Might have been tough to keep Nichols upright and healthy with the B team Oline facing the Lions 1st string D but now isn't it even more important with Nichols injured to protect the remaining QBs? However, as a Lions fan I am happy that we don't have a HC that is as reckless as O'Shea.

3 hours ago, DanoT said:

Might have been tough to keep Nichols upright and healthy with the B team Oline facing the Lions 1st string D but now isn't it even more important with Nichols injured to protect the remaining QBs? However, as a Lions fan I am happy that we don't have a HC that is as reckless as O'Shea.

Such a confusing post... first off, NIchols was never going to play behind the B-team O-line... secondly, I can't tell if your last sentence is serious...

3 hours ago, DanoT said:

Buono has been lining up his starting QBs behind a terrible OL for several years now.  Seems pretty reckless to me?

2 minutes ago, lyin' guy said:

Well, things have changed.  Pumped for tonight.  Can't wait to see what potential we have

Kinda.  Olafioye may or may not have much left in the tank and Figueroa has historically had injury problems... has played only 44 games in 5 years.  Interior still TBD.  Some good young players like Knevel and Godber there who are still developing.  I think Husband, Foucault, Greaves and Steward are just average, though.

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

Kinda.  Olafioye may or may not have much left in the tank and Figueroa has historically had injury problems... has played only 44 games in 5 years.  Interior still TBD.  Some good young players like Knevel and Godber there who are still developing.  I think Husband, Foucault, Greaves and Steward are just average, though.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, DanoT said:

Reckless really? What a judgment.

I'd like to see Couture take a big HUGE step and steal the RT spot. That will definitely goes a long way in terms of our ratio flexibility. 

Also, would like to see Brandin Bryant in action. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

8 minutes ago, Floyd said:

But Buono promised to be reckless this year!!!

5 hours ago, DanoT said:

Wow. With what Buono has said this year about being more reckless and what are they going to do, fire him shows me he has little regard to the paying customers at BC Place.

It's about him, nothing else, a bit ****** in my opinion. I think Mike Kelly learned a lot from this mind set of Wally Buono.