Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

I think Walters drafting strategy for 4th round and later is:

- draft the guy and bring them to TC
- if they're really good they'll find a spot on 44 or PR
- if they have potential, send them back to school (kinda like the farm team) hoping they develop their skills more
- then bring them back to next year's TC 
- if they developed they might find spot on the roster otherwise sayonara

can't do that if you dont have enough NAT content on current roster 

Not surprised to see Donteea Dye signed.  I had watched the most recent season of NFL Film's Hardknocks on HBO and he was heavily featured. He was better than the rookie receiver they had kept instead of him but the other guy was cheaper and had a higher potential ceiling. He was pretty surprised he got cut but that's just what happens in the NFL after a couple years in the league. He's a polished receiver.

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

Not surprised to see Donteea Dye signed.  I had watched the most recent season of NFL Film's Hardknocks on HBO and he was heavily featured. He was better than the rookie receiver they had kept instead of him but the other guy was cheaper and had a higher potential ceiling. He was pretty surprised he got cut but that's just what happens in the NFL after a couple years in the league. He's a polished receiver.

How is that show?

1 hour ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Wouldn't you just dye if this happened to you??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGu40djEFIw 

😝

To be fair I thought he was pushed down. Also those rams unis are atrocious. 

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

thanks....

are you familiar with any of the other new import receivers?

13 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

To be fair I thought he was pushed down. Also those rams unis are atrocious. 

saw this comment there

"it's like ketchup vs. mustard"

have to agree, He looks good. Clearly pushed down by the db. then crapped upon by the great and mighty Jameis. 

Wow, plethora of receivers. 

Edited by Mark F

2 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Wow what madden cheat code birthed this guy? 4.81 40,  7.16 3 cone, 4.24 20 yard shuttle, and 38 reps of 225. The tape shows some nicely polished Rip, swim, and spin moves. With his wheels he also looked deadly on twists. 

http://www.omaha.com/sports/omaha-north-grad-brandin-bryant-s-stock-rises-as-his/article_d84ac589-2988-5ac7-bb4e-0de1188db1c9.html

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/brandin-bryant-reaches-injury-settlement-with-jets/?irgwc=1&clickid=xpXzr-RTGQM6TmUy3Qxfp33UUkjyI0w8Ew88S80

I wonder what his injury was, and how he is physically now. Because he looks like a guy who should be in the nfl on paper. Pass rush situations, end in a 3-4 etc. 

Last year Poop was an incredible force up the middle for us. One of the most disruptive up the gut guys ive seen in a long time up here. Tons of pressures. Brandin bryant shows all that, plus the speed to make plays from behind including tackling everything between the numbers. I hope this guy is good to go sky is the limit. 

Edited by wbbfan

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Wow what madden cheat code birthed this guy? 4.81 40,  7.16 3 cone, 4.24 20 yard shuttle, and 38 reps of 225. The tape shows some nicely polished Rip, swim, and spin moves. With his wheels he also looked deadly on twists. 

http://www.omaha.com/sports/omaha-north-grad-brandin-bryant-s-stock-rises-as-his/article_d84ac589-2988-5ac7-bb4e-0de1188db1c9.html

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/brandin-bryant-reaches-injury-settlement-with-jets/?irgwc=1&clickid=xpXzr-RTGQM6TmUy3Qxfp33UUkjyI0w8Ew88S80

I wonder what his injury was, and how he is physically now. Because he looks like a guy who should be in the nfl on paper. Pass rush situations, end in a 3-4 etc. 

Last year Poop was an incredible force up the middle for us. One of the most disruptive up the gut guys ive seen in a long time up here. Tons of pressures. Brandin bryant shows all that, plus the speed to make plays from behind including tackling everything between the numbers. I hope this guy is good to go sky is the limit. 

and he's gonna carry a cheaper contract than Nevis. if this guy will have a great TC, Nevis lookout!

Edited by M.O.A.B.

18 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

and he's gonna carry a cheaper contract than Nevis. if this guy will have a great TC, Nevis lookout!

You know it. Guy with his hype and skill set comes in hungry look out. 

1 hour ago, Jacquie said:

I love to see a NI qb get a shot, but this guy seems about as canadian as ben cahoon. Talent wise he seems solid. A few notches behind the rest though. 

Had a bad feeling about durant when he didnt come to mini camp. What a crumb bum. Hope he returns any money he got. I wonder if nelson comes back now. I think we either end up in an air lift phase looking for quality depth at qb, or end up digging up a guy with half a pulse (or less). Some one like rakeem cato, mitchell gale, logan kilgore etc. I really hope it doesnt end up a guy like fever. Always like cody fajardo but he doesnt have much experience either. 

Edited by wbbfan

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

You know it. Guy with his hype and skill set comes in hungry look out. 

I love to see a NI qb get a shot, but this guy seems about as canadian as ben cahoon. Talent wise he seems solid. A few notches behind the rest though. 

Had a bad feeling about durant when he didnt come to mini camp. What a crumb bum. Hope he returns any money he got. I wonder if nelson comes back now. I think we either end up in an air lift phase looking for quality depth at qb, or end up digging up a guy with half a pulse (or less). Some one like rakeem cato, mitchell gale, logan kilgore etc. I really hope it doesnt end up a guy like fever. Always like cody fajardo but he doesnt have much experience either. 

Couple years ago, I would have agreed with your list of QBs...  now I like our prospects better than any of them.

Just a shame that the signing bonus for Durant likely influenced the Bombers' decision to pass on Muamba 

I'd be surprised if Sask doesn't make the Banjo Bowl 'Darian Durant' day this year

42 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Couple years ago, I would have agreed with your list of QBs...  now I like our prospects better than any of them.

Just a shame that the signing bonus for Durant likely influenced the Bombers' decision to pass on Muamba 

I'd be surprised if Sask doesn't make the Banjo Bowl 'Darian Durant' day this year

I agree these re treads arent the move we should go to now. Thats a worst case scenario to resort to the retread air lift. But its an option. Though maybe a guy like that, comes in hungry to push the young guys. But I think the two young guys we have behind nichols have every thing you could want save for cfl experience. I suspect the route we will go is continually cycling in new rook qbs, maybe some other teams TC cuts to keep these two chomping at the bit. 

Oh bryan bennett is still kicking about as well.

15 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

I hope the Bombers don't panic and sign some CFL QB re-tread. (Although I don't think there's any out there at this point). 

Not any one youd really want. bennett would have the familiarity, but I think both our back ups have more talent and potential.