Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

6 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

He attended mini-camp so I guess they liked what they saw enough to sign him.

Yeah ... not so much that as he liked what he saw enough to sign here. This wasn’t a guy that had no options. Very easily could’ve held out for a NFL opportunity.

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Finally 5 QBs on the roster and none of them ex-TiCats...!!!  This is a great day

they are gonna have a dog fight for 3rd spot. If two show reealllyy well maybe we keep one on the PR but it is very likely that one guy will be on the roster and two guys will be un employed. But then they will have virtually no shot at moving up from 3 this year. 

1 minute ago, TBURGESS said:

That changes things. 

Pretty sure LaFrance will end up as our 2nd NI Receiver...  

Could see him rotating on packages - sometimes with Flanders subbing and Wolitarsky at Field WR 

I doubt we see much of any of these WR picks unless absolutely desperate - maybe Simonise by game 8-9...

5 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Could see him rotating on packages - sometimes with Flanders subbing and Wolitarsky at Field WR 

I doubt we see much of any of these WR picks unless absolutely desperate - maybe Simonise by game 8-9...

I think it will be wait until camp. If one of these guys shows well it could mean bad things for Coates.

Love how you’re always trying to get creative here but I really doubt we’re going to be seeing LaFrance as a receiver.

Sometimes the simple solution is the right one. We’ll be starting one of Wolitarsky, Simonise or Petermann.

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

Love how you’re always trying to get creative here but I really doubt we’re going to be seeing LaFrance as a receiver.

Sometimes the simple solution is the right one. We’ll be starting one of Wolitarsky, Simonise or Petermann.

I'm not exactly going out on a limb to say that Lapo likes RB/SB hybrid types...  I'd be shocked if LaFrance doesn't get a long hard look as a replacement for Flanders actually - maybe Dressler gets shifted out to field once in a while to give him a break from inside hits

Pencilling in one of three raw rookies doesn't make a ton of sense to me - Simonise and Petermann both need work

I'm not exactly going out on a limb to say that Lapo likes RB/SB hybrid types...  I'd be shocked if LaFrance doesn't get a long hard look as a replacement for Flanders actually - maybe Dressler gets shifted out to field once in a while to give him a break from inside hits

Pencilling in one of three raw rookies doesn't make a ton of sense to me - Simonise and Petermann both need work

Wolitarsky and Simonise aren’t raw. Simonise not as pro ready as Chapman but he is at least worthy of a camp before we discuss whether or not he’s prepared to take regular season snaps.

As for LaFrance taking Flanders’ spot ... that’s already what Demski is going to be doing ... so I guess prepare to be shocked. Dressler/Bowman/Demski are the guys we’re playing in the slot.

41 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Kyle Walters announces that WR Matt Coates broke his foot in training recently and will be out a while. Part of why they used three picks on receivers in CFL Draft

The Bombers have been at the receiving end of criticism for targeting so many receivers, and yet, it’s like they knew what they were doing..and we didn’t...again.

We missed out on a couple of players defensively, but if the staff did their homework, and they did, then this draft will work out just fine.

5 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Adams, Dressler, Bowman, Demski and *insert guy who probably isn't going to get the ball thrown their way a whole lot anyway*

Absolutely true. We still used 6 draft picks over the last 2 years to fill that spot. 

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

Wolitarsky and Simonise aren’t raw. Simonise not as pro ready as Chapman but he is at least worthy of a camp before we discuss whether or not he’s prepared to take regular season snaps.

As for LaFrance taking Flanders’ spot ... that’s already what Demski is going to be doing ... so I guess prepare to be shocked. Dressler/Bowman/Demski are the guys we’re playing in the slot.

Yeah, I'm not arguing that LaFrance will be our main SB - but I fully expect to see him as a RB/SB - the way we used Flanders... 

Wolitarsky has half a season and Simonise has been out of pro for almost a couple years...  that's still 'raw'

Don't get me wrong I have high high hopes for Wolitarsky/Demski/LaFrance 

1 hour ago, WBBFanWest said:

And a spot (at least) for a backup, and for people who are likely penciled in as special teamers.  But ya, six picks for one spot...

A couple of years ago our Canadian receiver talent consisted of Kohlert and JFG. Those guys brought their lunch pails every day and gave us everything they had, but the upside was not super high. I have no issues with the resources we are throwing at improving our Canadian receiving depth, especially given the league-wide success rate of draft picks at that position.

21 hours ago, BigBlue said:

With Lefevour gone our new 3rd string QB will have to be able to run the short yardage offense ... I don't see you know who running it ... he won't take the pounding required

Agree. I think in an ideal world you have a second string qb who can come in and run the offense, hold the clip board etc and a 3rd who can hold on kicks, run the short yardage and maybe an option package. 

You can definitely project where are the NAT player will be slotted in the 44. and it's heavy on the Offense-side.

Offence:
4 OL - Goossen, Chungh, Neufeld, Couture 
4 REC - Demski, Wolitarsky, Simonise, Petermann 
4 RB/FB  - Harris, LaFrance, Miller, Rush 
*(poor Flanders but he'll have to wait for injuries to get playing time) 

Defence:
2 DL - Corney, Ekakitie 
3 LB - Miles, Briggs, Gauthier
3 DB - Loffler, Jones, Branning

INT DI could be:
Medlock
Roh
a LB 
a DB 

Edited by M.O.A.B.