Injuries / ratio

Mark H.

8 hours ago, trueBlue83 said:

That would be some sad a** trivia question.   He's barely got his feet wet and people wanna run him out of town.... geez.   Adams wasn't stellar his first while as a Bomber... have some patience.

So you're saying Davis has no arm!?   Sure isn't what I've seen.  Accuracy needs work, but he's got the best arm in our stable as far as power goes!

Interesting - I haven't noticed a rocket arm on him either - maybe he's just tentative and it will come but he's no brandon bridge for sure

14 hours ago, blitzmore said:

Not true if the ball is nowhere near them...you're trying to tell me it is on the receivers? Give me a break! They suddenly forgot how to run routes and 

started dropping passes?

If it's a dropped pass that means the player should have caught it but didnt. Passes that arent anywhere near the players aren't dropped. Its really not that hard to distinguish the two. "Give me break!!!" 

And i dont know who you have been watching all year but washington denmark and lankford all have been guilty of running some questionable routes this year. Which is admittedly odd for denmark. But I've paid close attention to him the last few home games and something isnt right. 

46 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Which is admittedly odd for denmark. But I've paid close attention to him the last few home games and something isnt right. 

checked out mentally because he never gets thrown the ball??  he was effective in the Red Zone early in the season... but we haven't been scoring TD's on offence for a  month and a half, and that was the only time he was getting thrown to, was in the Red Zone.    It's no secret that Dressler & Harris are Nichols favourite targets, and rarely goes elsewhere (post Adams injury)

17 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I honestly prefer Lankford over Washington, he's been great on those jet-sweeps and he can run down any returner in the league when he plays ST.  I also think he's a better kick returner than Givens, but won't admit it publicly.

I agree on Lankford > Washington, but I don't think the sample size on Givens is large enough yet to make that comparison (only 9 fielded thus far, compared to Lankford's 50). And their average KOR yardage is within 5 yards.

Washington seems like a bit of a project, so I wouldn't write him off just yet. However, for the WSF, I'd put Lankford back in over Washington, simply for the versatility he provides.

5 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

If it's a dropped pass that means the player should have caught it but didnt. Passes that arent anywhere near the players aren't dropped. Its really not that hard to distinguish the two. "Give me break!!!" 

And i dont know who you have been watching all year but washington denmark and lankford all have been guilty of running some questionable routes this year. Which is admittedly odd for denmark. But I've paid close attention to him the last few home games and something isnt right. 

Ahh...I see you know exactly which route the receivers are running and whether it is correct or not! Point is you are blaming the receivers virtually all of them and I am telling you that it is on the QB as

we haven't had one performing even close to Nichols in the last couple of weeks.  Sure a receiver has a dropped ball now and then, but that happens to virtually all receivers in all games. Much easier for them to do that than forget how to run a route.

7 hours ago, Floyd said:

Interesting - I haven't noticed a rocket arm on him either - maybe he's just tentative and it will come but he's no brandon bridge for sure

Davis was mostly checking down to screens and similar plays in the last game; not a lot of plays where he rifled it.  Tentative is the right word.  He did not want to make a mistake, and he didn't make a mistake.  He also didn't make a lot of plays.  He removed the risk and lost the reward as a result.

That is why I wish they would have given him a full week of practise as the #1, and the start in Calgary.

He has the best arm of our three QBs.  I've seen it in camp.

14 minutes ago, mbrg said:

Davis was mostly checking down to screens and similar plays in the last game; not a lot of plays where he rifled it.  Tentative is the right word.  He did not want to make a mistake, and he didn't make a mistake.  He also didn't make a lot of plays.  He removed the risk and lost the reward as a result.

That is why I wish they would have given him a full week of practise as the #1, and the start in Calgary.

He has the best arm of our three QBs.  I've seen it in camp.

In the first game he came in for Nichols, he had a deep ball he thru and he gunned it.. I think it may have even been a throw-away but it had velocity and range.. I thought it was going upper deck.

19 minutes ago, blitzmore said:

Ahh...I see you know exactly which route the receivers are running and whether it is correct or not! Point is you are blaming the receivers virtually all of them and I am telling you that it is on the QB as

we haven't had one performing even close to Nichols in the last couple of weeks.  Sure a receiver has a dropped ball now and then, but that happens to virtually all receivers in all games. Much easier for them to do that than forget how to run a route.

Actually lankford flat out admitted he ran some shitty routes. And when you have multiple rec. In the same area thats also bad route running. 

When other rec. Drop a ball they can be let off ie Dressler/adams cause they actually produce. The rec.(the 3 i mentioned, which isnt all of them) Im talking about have all dropped passes that hit them in the numbers and gone on to do **** all. And the majority of the time its been Nichols throwing to them. This isnt a new problem.

And i dont care what you're telling me. If the receivers arent catching, or getting open the issue isnt ONLY the qb.

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Actually lankford flat out admitted he ran some shitty routes. And when you have multiple rec. In the same area thats also bad route running. 

When other rec. Drop a ball they can be let off ie Dressler/adams cause they actually produce. The rec.(the 3 i mentioned, which isnt all of them) Im talking about have all dropped passes that hit them in the numbers and gone on to do **** all. And the majority of the time its been Nichols throwing to them. This isnt a new problem.

And i dont care what you're telling me. If the receivers arent catching, or getting open the issue isnt ONLY the qb.

If you don't care what I am telling you...that simply means you think you are 100 percent correct, not willing to see other possibilities. No sense continuing because you are a 100 percenter!

2 minutes ago, blitzmore said:

If you don't care what I am telling you...that simply means you think you are 100 percent correct, not willing to see other possibilities. No sense continuing because you are a 100 percenter!

If you had a rebutal you would list it. Instead you put words in my mouth (im all for debates) and call names.

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Brandon Bridge leads the league in dropped interceptions. Hes another Jennings. 

While he may be another Jennings, I think leading the league in dropped interceptions makes him another Cato*.

*My math from last season ((interceptions + dropped interceptions) / pass attempts) was that 1 in every 14 pass attempts by Cato was or should have been intercepted.  No one else considered a starter was anywhere close to being that bad.

4 hours ago, mbrg said:

*My math from last season ((interceptions + dropped interceptions) / pass attempts) was that 1 in every 14 pass attempts by Cato was or should have been intercepted.  No one else considered a starter was anywhere close to being that bad.

one can only wonder why Duron Carter got into it with him at practice.... he was probably biting his tongue all season, and it got to the point where there wasn't much left!

who am I kidding... Duron Carter bite his tongue?

11 hours ago, trueBlue83 said:

checked out mentally because he never gets thrown the ball??  he was effective in the Red Zone early in the season... but we haven't been scoring TD's on offence for a  month and a half, and that was the only time he was getting thrown to, was in the Red Zone.    It's no secret that Dressler & Harris are Nichols favourite targets, and rarely goes elsewhere (post Adams injury)

I think Denmark's stretch of red-zone awesomeness was a direct result of Dressler being injured or struggling... below are the games that Denmark caught a TD pass in, as well as Dressler's receiving #'s for that same game:

Game (TDs for Denmark) --- Dressler's #'s that game

Jul-21 Vs. B.C. Lions (1) --- 2 catches for 9 yards
Jul-27 - Vs. Montreal (1) --- 2 catches for 24 yards
Aug-12 Vs. Hamilton (1) --- Dressler registered no catches
Aug-24 Vs. Montreal (2) ---Dressler registered no catches
Sep-9 Vs. 'Riders (2) ---3 catches for 56 yards