Should this regime be on the hot seat?

White Out

Should another Semi Final exit be the end of this regime?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Should another Semi Final exit be the end of this regime?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

It's unfortunate that after a loss the Board is taken over by certain posters who are eerily quiet otherwise.  

11 wins guys!  Give that some thought.  The Stamps lost two is a row and haven't looked good for almost a month.  Should Huff and Dickenson be on the  "hot seat'?

The thing is, I can't totally fault them for feeling that way because as a team improves, expectations have to be raised.  And in this league, finishing the season and going into the playoffs on a high note is very important.

But if there is one thing to be learned from this it's that bad defense is always going to kill you at some point no matter how good your offense is.  Offense can win regular season, but defense wins championships.  That's why as soon as this season as over, Hall and Hurl must be dropped like dead weights.

4 hours ago, mfranc said:

Doubtful, but they will, and should, be on a much shorter leash.  There is little doubt that the Bombers are a solid team  offensively when they have all their key players healthy.  However they seem like they are lacking depth and even at the best of times the defence is awful.  The good news?  Hall's defence is often much stronger in the playoffs.

That's one thing I've noticed too. He really ramps up the heat every year in playoffs. Can't say the same thing about Lapo though

Edited by Judd

15 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

It's unfortunate that after a loss the Board is taken over by certain posters who are eerily quiet otherwise.  

11 wins guys!  Give that some thought.  The Stamps lost two is a row and haven't looked good for almost a month.  Should Huff and Dickenson be on the  "hot seat'?

not sure who those "certain posters" are but your comments regarding the Stamps is very misplaced. I live in Calgary (as do you it appears) and am a season ticket holder here - I guess you are were not at the Stamps game when the Riders blasted them. The folks I sit with in the super reds were pissed believe me, and the talk shows have not been very favorable to say the least. 

And to put it in perspective everyone knows that with Huff and Dickenson running the show things will improve. Can not say the same with Walters, Moss and company at least IMHO.  25 years without a cup appearance will do that to you.

So good luck boychuk with the 11 win season and zero prospects for getting anywhere in the playoffs - yes there is always 2018 to look forward to!

7 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

His defense blew it last year against the Leo's and I'm not trusting him this year either.  If there's one good thing about having to go on the road to Edmonton it's that he'll be kicked out of here pronto at the end of the game.

Our offense strung together like 4 consecutive two and outs in the last 10 minutes of the 4th. the defense isn't wholly to blame. At all 

Edited by Judd

35 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

I agree with you that the trolls are always buzzing after a loss... but my concern with the tram right now is this isn't just one loss and one bad game... it's now 4 consecutive terrible games by this team producing a 1-3 record... last good game the bombers played was in Edmonton... we're currently stumbling into the playoffs and that shouls be concerning to everyone...

I appreciate that injuries play a major factor... but of we can't survive a few injuries and keep playing at a high level... it shows we're severely lacking depth... but as mentioned earlier I don't believe Walters and Osh should be fired... or even feeling heat...

On the hot seat: Nope. 11 win seasons get you another year and we played better this year than last year, when we won a bunch of games by good luck, good calls and playing backup QB's.

Injuries/Depth: Every team has injuries. Most teams had it worse than the Bombers this year. When you get injuries it's up to the GM/Scouts to provide decent replacements and the coaches to put them in the best positions to excel. Our results speak for themselves and it doesn't put the GM/Scouts or coaches in a good light.

Defence: It's been a problem for a couple of years now. The offense and special teams have bailed our defence out time and time again. I can think of a couple of games this year that the defence won us a game, but that's just not good enough. I'd get rid of Hall and Hurl.

PLAP: I'm guessing he'll be looked at for open HC jobs and it's as likely as not that he'll get one. As much as I didn't like his hire, he's been great at turning Nichols into a good starting QB and giving us a chance in most games. It's a bit of a worry that other teams have figured out our offence in the last month, tho.

Trolls: This is a discussion forum. There have been some trolls who got their id's deleted, but the rest aren't actually trolls. Troll around here gets used for everyone who types anything negative or anyone who disagrees with certain poster's. Those aren't trolls.

Huff and company delivered Calgary a Grey Cup in 2014 and 2008. What a sham of a post to even dare to bring the Stampeders into contrast with our organization.

This current management  group has zero playoff wins in a 9 team league. If that streak continues this year we deserve to miss the playoffs next season for having such low expectations. 

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

They will catch zero heat because everyone knows injuries cost them, period. Shitty luck, but it happens... 

Injuries happen and you can use the injury excuse on the offensive side of the ball but the defence has just been flat out bad from day 1 save for a handful of good showings.

I think that the expectations for this year were pretty high....Right now it looks like the fans are going to be let down once more....27 years and counting is always thrown out there and it's a bloody reality...You have to consider the injuries...Edmonton has/had a huge slough of them but it looks like they've righted the ship....I doubt that we can...I don't know how many players, as I have lost count, have been signed and have fallen off of our radar ....Sticking with the likes of Hurl and trying to pass off Davis as a back-up stands out for me...If Matt can't go next game colour us gonzo in 17....Maybe we'll get lucky and Cal. will go into 'self preservation' mode and we'll come home with the 2 pts. ...otherwise a home playoff game will have escaped us once more...That in itself is a failure in my books  and IF we get pasted and out on our arse after our first post season game...look out cuz the crap is going to fly heavy and hard around these parts.

Don’t think expecting this group of management to continue to improve is a bad thing. An improvement to the Bombers standings with a new group is more difficult than to stay with these guys. The on field product is better than it has been. The Bombers organization is headed in the right direction with a consistently profitable franchise. Overall, the bombers are in the top half of franchise health. 

10 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Injuries happen and you can use the injury excuse on the offensive side of the ball but the defence has just been flat out bad from day 1 save for a handful of good showings.

Which is why Richie Hall is the lone goat of this regime whose midfield crucifixion is imminent.

10 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Adams, Flanders, Nichols, Leggett, and Westermen and we are not having this conversation.

If, Ands and Buts were Candy and Nuts! Other teams overcome injuries to key players - we can't. End of discussion.

1 minute ago, BBRT said:

If, Ands and Buts were Candy and Nuts! Other teams overcome injuries to key players - we can't. End of discussion.

Edmonton could not overcome their injuries. They went on a seven game losing streak because of injuries. They only snapped out of it because they started getting healthy again.

12 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Which is why Richie Hall is the lone goat of this regime whose midfield crucifixion is imminent.

Somehow I doubt it. He and Hurl will both be here next season.

images.jpg

2 hours ago, Judd said:

Our offense strung together like 4 consecutive two and outs in the last 10 minutes of the 4th. the defense isn't wholly to blame. At all 

Yeah, could the defense have played better yesterday? Absolutely... but there were times where they shone, they caused some turnovers that kept us in it and gifted LeFevour and Co. the ball at B.C's 15 yard line and they couldn't even get a first down...

13 minutes ago, BBRT said:

Did BC make the playoffs without Lulay, how did Ottawa play when they came here with a third string qb, a CFL roster can not replace so many key injuries. Take BLM out of the mix in Calgary and see how well they do.

38 minutes ago, J5V said:

Somehow I doubt it. He and Hurl will both be here next season.

images.jpg

Just because MOS said something about it on his radio show doesn't make it set in stone.  Turn up enough complaining about Hall coming on the radio, the Bomber BOD and many others and I'm certain he's going to be getting chucked outta here.