Should this regime be on the hot seat?

White Out

Should another Semi Final exit be the end of this regime?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Should another Semi Final exit be the end of this regime?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:
WPG 17GP 7Rec 123yds 53YAC 0TD 17.6Avg 42LG

Last game he was second on the team for receiving yards so i'd say he's the least of this teams problems right now.

And you do realize he's been backing up JFG and holding fg's while dressler has been out don't you?

Edited by Gotmilt

4 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

Last game he was second on the team for receiving yards so i'd say he's the least of this teams problems right now.

And you do realize he's been backing up JFG and holding fg's while dressler has been out don't you?

Yes I do realize his role and yes he is by far not the main issue for our struggles but doesn't mean he escapes scrutiny. 

12 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yes I do realize his role and yes he is by far not the main issue for our struggles but doesn't mean he escapes scrutiny. 

Why did you post the stat of him playing 17 games making it look like he has just been invisible when in reality he hasn't actually played that much?

Areas that this regime has scouted quite well:

Offensive Line - Bond, Hardrick, Foketi. Just admit that the Bombers' American OL are the best in the league, and then shut up.

Running Back: Flanders - top notch versatile threat

Defensive Line - Johnson & Jeffcoat, absolute studs

Linebacker: Leggett & Wild are as good as anyone in the league, and better than most

Secondary: Walker and Alexander - can't expect DBs new to the CFL to be good right away - these two have settled in nicely. Honourable mention to Kevin Fogg

The above list leads me to believe they will find better receivers going forward. 

If the scouting dept is given the option of starting an American MLB, there's not even a snowball's chance in hell that position won't improve.  They could also go the FA route with that position ala Barrin Simpson

6 hours ago, Bob the Bomber said:

Faith Ekakitie, Drake Nevis, Roc Carmichael - busts

Sam Hurl, Kyle Knox, - carry-over busts

Westerman, Leggett,  Randle, Heath, - linchpins for the defense are all in the 30's.   there time is now if you want to win.

Point is that there was talent available once NFL cuts started and before the trade deadline.  Other teams improved where the Bomber didn't.  Edmonton, Saskatchewan, Hamilton, and Ottawa brought in improved talent over what they had.  It is possible that the Bombers were out there negotiating for players but none were brought in.  

I had the nerve to call Ekakitie a bust and the peanut gallery was out in full force.  Good luck 

Our entire 2017 draft class seems very underwhelming right now. 

30 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

I had the nerve to call Ekakitie a bust and the peanut gallery was out in full force.  Good luck 

Our entire 2017 draft class seems very underwhelming right now. 

Everyone's is! It was a known fact going into the 2017 CIS Draft that it was one of the weakest in years...

8 hours ago, 17to85 said:

That just goes to show the real problem with this team. They do pretty well scouting Canadians and players already in the league, but atrocious at finding guys who aren't up in Canada already. The American scouting needs to be better full stop. 

That was always the criticism of hiring a Canadian GM. Having to rely on other people in the organization as Walters has no connections with NCAA or NFL teams. I don't think our scouts have done a very good job. Yeah, they've found some good players but for the life of me, when Int'l receivers are all over the place why they can't find any decent guys is beyond me. It's always a struggle. Walters really has to review their US scouting & make changes. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

Areas that this regime has scouted quite well:

Offensive Line - Bond, Hardrick, Foketi. Just admit that the Bombers' American OL are the best in the league, and then shut up.

Running Back: Flanders - top notch versatile threat

Defensive Line - Johnson & Jeffcoat, absolute studs

Linebacker: Leggett & Wild are as good as anyone in the league, and better than most

Secondary: Walker and Alexander - can't expect DBs new to the CFL to be good right away - these two have settled in nicely. Honourable mention to Kevin Fogg

The above list leads me to believe they will find better receivers going forward. 

If the scouting dept is given the option of starting an American MLB, there's not even a snowball's chance in hell that position won't improve.  They could also go the FA route with that position ala Barrin Simpson

I'll agree with this for the most part, although Hardrick started games for both BC and Saskatchewan, Flanders was in camp with BC and Wild was a Joe Mack find. I'll disagree on receivers, 4 years and nothing.

8 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That was always the criticism of hiring a Canadian GM. Having to rely on other people in the organization as Walters has no connections with NCAA or NFL teams. I don't think our scouts have done a very good job. Yeah, they've found some good players but for the life of me, when Int'l receivers are all over the place why they can't find any decent guys is beyond me. It's always a struggle. Walters really has to review their US scouting & make changes. 

He should reach out to Jim Barker as say head of scouting.

33 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

This possiblity may scare some people, but Brendan Taman as an assasiant GM or scout wouldn’t be a bad hire.

Were you thinking "assassin"? Sheesh! Just fire the guy. :D

aiming-gun.gif

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

I'll agree with this for the most part, although Hardrick started games for both BC and Saskatchewan, Flanders was in camp with BC and Wild was a Joe Mack find. I'll disagree on receivers, 4 years and nothing.

Of course I didn't mention receivers - that inconvenient fact being against the premise of my argument.