Should this regime be on the hot seat?

White Out

Should another Semi Final exit be the end of this regime?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Should another Semi Final exit be the end of this regime?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

7 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Sask has a couple real good young talents, they signed duron carter and we dont want duron carter.  Bc has a very good core, but all they do is sling it deep. Edm also has a couple real good young wrs, a qb that gives them a ton of jump balls to go make plays on and the most over rated droppingest wr in the league who we also wouldnt want (back). But dressler and adams on those teams in place of their top 2 wrs and little to nothing changes. The depth of sasks wr core would be impactful for us if we swapped entire cores out right. But i still wouldnt do it. 

Weve found tons of talented wrs. Weve done a poor job of utilizing them and recognizing what we have had. 

The difference is not wr core. Its the offensive system. 

LaPo likes to stretch the field horizontally & it seems 90% of his throws on 2nd down are always short of the first down marker relying on the receiver to make the YAC yards for a first down. I admit I don't like the system overall but it's been a godsend for Nichols as it suits him to a tee. In Year 3 of this offense with Nichols in 2018, it should be time to take it to another level by throwing more deep balls downfield. Outside of Adams, there's really no INt'l receivers on our rosters I really like. Dressler can't stay healthy & at 33 is it wise to bring him back? Denmark has absolutely disappeared the last 4 games. None of our qbs throw to him anymore & he's become a wasted talent. So, is it time to move on with him? The other Intl's? Don't really care as they don't do much at all. We need to restock & replace. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

LaPo likes to stretch the field horizontally & it seems 90% of his throws on 2nd down are always short of the first down marker relying on the receiver to make the YAC yards for a first down. I admit I don't like the system overall but it's been a godsend for Nichols as it suits him to a tee. In Year 3 of this offense with Nichols  it's time to take it to another level by throwing more deep balls downfield. Outside of Adams, there's really no INt'l receivers on our rosters I really like. Dressler can't stay healthy & at 33 is it wise to bring him back? Denmark has absolutely disappeared the last 4 games. None of our qbs throw to him anymore & he's become a wasted talent. So, is it time to move on with him? The other Intl's? Don't really care as they don't do much at all. We need to restock & replace. 

Lapo deep balls tend to come on 2nd and short or first down past our 35. We dont really stretch the field down field, we take shots. We stretch the field side line to side line then hope the D is spread thin when we take the deep shot. 

The offense has, but the OL has been as well. And Harris. This style of play has brought us back to respectability, but short of a world beating D I dont think we can be perennial contenders with it.  When ricky ray ran a similar offense they used crossing routes to bust seems for big plays, and a lot of rub routes which we dont. 

Dressler cant stay healthy, in the way we use him. But darvin adams cant stay healthy either. And he isnt run over the middle and literally running the ball like dressler either.

Denny has been a disappointment this year.  Though his nose for the end zone hints he still has some thing left. Again look at our use of depth wrs. We spread the ball and they get a few short passes but nothing like our no1 gets. 

We could have an allstar group of wrs top the bottom, hands down the best in the league and it wouldnt matter if we didnt give them good looks to make plays on.

Edited by wbbfan

31 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Imagine what we would be if we had the WR's teams like BC, Sask & Edm have. Why can't we find guys like that? Other than Adams we don't have any other receivers who can stretch the field as a vertical threat. Teams know we can't throw deep & we are an easy team to defend. How do you defend against Burnham & Arceneaux or Zylstra & Walker?  Reilly just puts the ball up deep & lets his receivers do the rest. We can't do that. We need to build a receiving corp like those teams. My question is why can't we find those type of big & physical receivers? 

I don't know but we used to find those guys. It's as if the well just dried up.

I know we desperately need a new DC but I'm not ready to say LaPo should go yet. I think we give him 1 more year. Adams is a talent but he can't stay healthy. Although I'll say most WR's across the league have that problem. The way they use Dressler on those fly sweeps & catching the ball in the flats just leaves him wide open to hellacious hits so he's always one hit away from being injured it seems. Walters has to make receiver a priority & sign a number of FA's. As well as lber. 

Dressler and Adams would  not replace the top-2 on Edmonton or BC and the results would be the same.  Puhlease.

Lapo's system is perfect for a guy like Nichols and our receiving core.  Nichols does not have the arm strength or accuracy on long throws to go 20+ yards to the same degree the likes of Reilly can.  Put lapo in Edmonton and Reilly would still be chucking it down the field on a fairly consistent basis.

2 minutes ago, blueandgoldguy said:

Dressler and Adams would  not replace the top-2 on Edmonton or BC and the results would be the same.  Puhlease.

Lapo's system is perfect for a guy like Nichols and our receiving core.  Nichols does not have the arm strength or accuracy on long throws to go 20+ yards to the same degree the likes of Reilly can.  Put lapo in Edmonton and Reilly would still be chucking it down the field on a fairly consistent basis.

Adams could but not Dressler. The number one is a slot in Edmonton (Zylstra) & Dressler would be behind him. Adams would give the starting wideout a run for his money. Is that Williams? 

31 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Those guys are out there. We have to have scouts who can find them. 

19 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Absofreakinglutely as he overlooks the scouting dept.

Yet if O'Shea doesn't say anything, or insists on sticking with what he has, you can't force these players on him. It just seems that he is going to do this thing with the players he wants and that's that. His decisions seem to be based on zealous partisanship and favoritism instead of leadership, talent, and intelligence.

Speaking of which, could you or anyone who understands the X's and O's better than I, please explain what it is about our D that continually leaves receivers wide-fricken-open game after game after game? Is it that the defense is so complicated that our players can't figure it out, or what?

Edited by J5V

42 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I know we desperately need a new DC but I'm not ready to say LaPo should go yet. I think we give him 1 more year. Adams is a talent but he can't stay healthy. Although I'll say most WR's across the league have that problem. The way they use Dressler on those fly sweeps & catching the ball in the flats just leaves him wide open to hellacious hits so he's always one hit away from being injured it seems. Walters has to make receiver a priority & sign a number of FA's. As well as lber. 

I'm hoping more than one more year as I see 0 current offensive coordinators out there who would be upgrades over Lapolice.

What we need to your point is a tall WR of the Kelvin Benjamin type who can go up and pinpoint the ball deep.  Add in that deep threat and our short passing game is wide open.

Call me crazy but I wish we would give Greg Carr a call and ask him to come out of retirement.

Edited by USABomberfan

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You should run for Mayor. Come up with a campaign slogan that's catchy & I'll vote for you. 

Pretty sure anyone running for mayor of MBB can use the platform of; "We're gonna build a wall! (on the ssk/mb boarder)" and "Make The Bombers Great Again". 

But whomever gets elected mayor will still have to obey Emperor Rich and his black knight Mike

This is quite honestly an insane question.

This is easily the best situation we have had in years and that is even including the past weeks. Management, coaching and the roster are all solid. Sure there are some weak spots but every team has that. This team can compete for  Grey Cup. 

You think we would have learned our lesson. Every time our team seems to have a bit of success we instantly demand more. Then fire the coach if it doesn't happen right away. 

The best chance at winning a Cup is to be good consistently. This regime has made that happen. Eventually, it will be time to win  championship "or else" but that isn't right now. 

I haven't felt this good about this organization since Dave Ritchie was here. 

5 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Coates just makes plays when ever he is given a chance. Also a killer teams guy. Givens is clearly an elite level talent/athlete but is still new to the league and in an offense that doesnt make wrs look good very often. And is bad at making use of specific threats. Flanders/harris? One starts at a flanker/wr spot the other was leading the league in catches. 

Idk if it was you, but earlier this season this board was FILLED with people saying we didnt have 1 good wr. Then it was ok dressler but thats it. Then oh adams but thats it.  WR talent isnt the best in the league. But it also is far from an issue here.  Weve seen Wr cores of milt and a bunch of luke warm (at best bodies). This isnt that. 

How many top notch wrs do we need?  More is allways better, but if we had to address positions of need right now, itd be mlber, dc, starting NIs, and Rb. 

Pound for pound i would take our wr core over the stamps.  

We  need you to report to the lab to pee in a cup.

1 hour ago, Captain Blue said:

This is easily the best situation we have had in years and that is even including the past weeks. Management, coaching and the roster are all solid. Sure there are some weak spots but every team has that. This team can compete for  Grey Cup. 

You think we would have learned our lesson. Every time our team seems to have a bit of success we instantly demand more. Then fire the coach if it doesn't happen right away. 

The best chance at winning a Cup is to be good consistently. This regime has made that happen. Eventually, it will be time to win  championship "or else" but that isn't right now. 

Qft. When this team was healthy and winning regularly, I haven't had this much fun watching Bombers football in years. Love this team and the management we have running them. 

Edited by Noeller

3 hours ago, Captain Blue said:

Who is demanding O'Shea be fired? That isn't happening.