Should this regime be on the hot seat?

White Out

Should another Semi Final exit be the end of this regime?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Should another Semi Final exit be the end of this regime?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Not to sound like a debbie downer but I believe the odds of us winning a playoff this game are in the single digits. This defense is beyond trash, and with key injuries on offense I see us getting absolutely pummeled by Edmonton. 

Zero playoff wins since 2011. In a 9 team league. I honestly can't even fathom it, and while the west semi is in 2 weeks if someone gave me the odds I'd bet my house straight odds we lose.

As I just said in the other thread, if the Bombers are one and done in playoffs this year, both O'shea and Walters will probably be toast at the end of the 2018 season should the team fail to make the division finals by next season. ...but let's see what happens the next 2 - 4 weeks.:)

Interesting little tidbit.  Since the Bombers last playoff win in 2011, every other team in the CFL has won at least one playoff game since then.

I agree that O'Shea and Walters will almost certainly get another year, but I expect/hope that there will significant changes in the off-season. And, yes I think the Bomber playoff record will "one and done".  We can only hope the Rider suffer the same fate.

2 hours ago, White Out said:

I should have added another option; if the Riders are the team that come and beat us in the playoffs do you want this regime gone? 

God. What a lovely end to the season if that was the case. I'd rather the Bombers ******* fold that lose the Riders in the playoffs.

That would be nothing short of humiliating, and I would be very close to turfing the lot of them.

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Starting to wonder if Nichols makes LaPolice look like a genius and not the other way around. Any QB not named Nichols has been putrid in this offence.

It's bloody hard to run their ball control offense. Davis might have some success with both Harris and Flanders at his disposal.  

14 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Starting to wonder if Nichols makes LaPolice look like a genius and not the other way around. Any QB not named Nichols has been putrid in this offence.

Nichols hasn't looked great the last few weeks either. I put a good chunk of the blame on our terrible receivers.  With Adams out we  have the worst group in the league. 

17 minutes ago, tracker said:

Ask Tom Higgins about that.

wut.
Tom higgins got fired after 9-9 (did he even get fired then, or just walk away from coaching?)

fired again after 7-10-1, then fired again after starting off 3-5

Edited by Judd

13 minutes ago, White Out said:

Can they get fired for blowing an 11 win season?

Probably not. The likelihood of bringing in new coaches and management and IMPROVING on that record are very low. Now the Bombers may regress next year to 10-8 or even 9-9, but franchise stability isn't something you throw away overnight.

So, I believe O'Shea and Walters are in year four of their "rebuild" and if they've got at least 2018 secured that would represent year five. I said a couple years ago that with his lack of experience it would probably take O'Shea ten years to become a great coach. Most of you scoffed at me then but I remain convinced that if he is going to be a great coach he's going to need another five years. Sure he's improved but he still has a long way to go. I also suggested that if he gets there it will likely be with another team as I believe our patience won't last ten years. As far as Walters goes I don't know if he will ever be a great GM. He just doesn't seem to have the connections required to bring in the very best players like other clubs do.

55 minutes ago, bustamente said:

There is no possible way that Hall can come back as d coordinator and Lapo might fly the coop to Montreal, biggest need isto to find some new receivers and d backs and get the ratio set for an import Mlb.

If LaPo is stupid enough to leave for Montreal to work under Kavis Reed then he deserves the firing that will inevitably happen. We need a new DC. We need better linebackers. We need better receivers. We need to upgrade our backup qb positions.  The secondary needs help at a couple of positions.

Just now, sweep the leg said:

Our lack of depth has been exposed in these last few games. Our scouts need to be looked at when the season is over. And Hall absolutely has to go.

So we jet Hall, bring in another DC, implement a new system and get the players to master it. How long does that take? Two, three years? Longer? By then Leggett, Randle, Harris, and many of our best players will likely be gone. Can Walters replace them without a drop-off? Questionable. As it is we can't seem to find a capable MLB or a couple of blue chip receivers. Something about this plan/model is suddenly looking flawed.

6 minutes ago, J5V said:

So, I believe O'Shea and Walters are in year four of their "rebuild" and if they've got at least 2018 secured that would represent year five. I said a couple years ago that with his lack of experience it would probably take O'Shea ten years to become a great coach. Most of you scoffed at me then but I remain convinced that if he is going to be a great coach he's going to need another five years. Sure he's improved but he still has a long way to go. I also suggested that if he gets there it will likely be with another team as I believe our patience won't last ten years. As far as Walters goes I don't know if he will ever be a great GM. He just doesn't seem to have the connections required to bring in the very best players like other clubs do.

Import linebackers & import receivers are a must. We need to find better players. MOS has done okay. I don't think he needs another 5 years. If he takes his time firing & replacing Hall then I may have to rethink that. We should have a new DC in place by Xmas. Noel Thorpe is out there.