Should this regime be on the hot seat?

White Out

Should another Semi Final exit be the end of this regime?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Should another Semi Final exit be the end of this regime?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Blueandgold said:

This possiblity may scare some people, but Brendan Taman as an assasiant GM or scout wouldn’t be a bad hire.

I'd put Jim Barker ahead of him. And yes, I say that even with respect to last year's fleecing in the Drew Willy Trade. As AGM/head of scouting, Barker would be an excellent asset.

And besides, I'm not sure if Taman and his napkin portfolio would be a good fit with the WFC of present.

25 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

He found Roosevelt for one,

Pinning your hopes on "blind squirrel finds nut" strategy might be a problem.  I don't recall anyone saying "we just have too much American talent" during he tenure.  Ya, he found some good players, but every GM can do that.  We can do better than bringing back past failures like Taman.

No one is suggesting that Taman be given the keys to the franchise. Taman is very good at evaluating receivers, running backs, and DL. Sign him up as a scout and work his strengths. Let McManus et al do their thing which appears to be secondary, OLB, and OL. Right now what we are lacking in our scouting department seems to be a good fit for Taman. That's all I'm saying. Barker too, is a good talent evaluator for QBs and receivers. They're unemployed let them turn over some stones for us, they have a massive network of connections down South.

6 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Pinning your hopes on "blind squirrel finds nut" strategy might be a problem.  I don't recall anyone saying "we just have too much American talent" during he tenure.  Ya, he found some good players, but every GM can do that.  We can do better than bringing back past failures like Taman.

Don't ever let Taman anywhere near your SMS, but he is a proven talent evaluator.

30 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

No one is suggesting that Taman be given the keys to the franchise. Taman is very good at evaluating receivers, running backs, and DL. Sign him up as a scout and work his strengths. Let McManus et al do their thing which appears to be secondary, OLB, and OL. Right now what we are lacking in our scouting department seems to be a good fit for Taman. That's all I'm saying. Barker too, is a good talent evaluator for QBs and receivers. They're unemployed let them turn over some stones for us, they have a massive network of connections down South.

I could live with that if they are strictly scouts,  Taman can find us receivers and Barker could find us a MLB. But isn't Barker still on the argos payroll?

15 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

This possiblity may scare some people, but Brendan Taman as an assasiant GM or scout wouldn’t be a bad hire.

I just don't think GM is our biggest problem right now.  Do we need to shore up a few spots on the team such WR, HB and MLB?  Sure, but given what Walters has done so far, I don't expect him to sit idly by this offseason.  After we made the Grey Cup in 2011, Mack got stupid and let the roster rot.  I fully expect us to dump Hurl right out of here and get a beast player in his spot.

I truly believe getting to and winning the Grey Cup is as simple as dropping Hall and Hurl, defense gets instant upgrade with those two gone.

**** you guys are insane right now...amazing what a couple losses in an 11-win season will do. We don't need a GM.......I'm not even sure we need to "fix" the scouting, but if we do, we just need someone down south who can find bodies. Not someone up here that does player personnel day to day...

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

**** you guys are insane right now...amazing what a couple losses in an 11-win season will do. We don't need a GM.......I'm not even sure we need to "fix" the scouting, but if we do, we just need someone down south who can find bodies. Not someone up here that does player personnel day to day...

I think they're confusing needing a few position upgrades with needing a new GM.  I also think they don't realize how awful our DC really is.  I'm even willing to bank that all it would take is drop kicking him right out of here and we would have a Grey Cup winning team better than CGY.

21 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I could live with that if they are strictly scouts,  Taman can find us receivers and Barker could find us a MLB. But isn't Barker still on the argos payroll?

He'll have one year left (2018) based on his extension in June of 2015. (https://www.argonauts.ca/2015/06/22/argos-incoming-ownership-group-to-extend-gm-jim-barker-and-head-coach-scott-milanovich/)

17 minutes ago, Noeller said:

That's not what's being suggested, though. Not a new GM but an additional proven piece to scout talent. Barker or the like could be a good asset in a AGM/head scout type of role.

You always have to look to improve, IMO. And with the mounting injuries, the team's depth is being tested with some pretty mediocre results.

Edited by blue_gold_84

18 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I think you are insane right now lol. Not one person suggested that we hire someone new for our front office. Barker and Taman were both very successful scouts and talent evaluators in this league and that is what is being proposed. Scouting where it is abundantly apparent our current scouting is weak....not to mention we are currently without Craig Smith for an indefinite amount of time.

Edited by gcn11

6 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

I think they're confusing needing a few position upgrades with needing a new GM.  I also think they don't realize how awful our DC really is.  I'm even willing to bank that all it would take is drop kicking him right out of here and we would have a Grey Cup winning team better than CGY.

You guys are seeing the names and equating it with the GM position without anyone remotely suggesting that. You guys are taking the suggestion completely out of context.

4 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

I think you are insane right now lol. Not one person suggested that we hire someone new for our front office. Barker and Taman were both very successful scouts and talent evaluators in this league and that is what is being proposed. Scouting where it is abundantly apparent our current scouting is weak....not to mention we are currently without Craig Smith for an indefinite amount of time.

You want to hire a former GM to be a "scout" minion for Walters? No, that's ********. You need someone who's just a scout, period. Maybe someone who has dreams of one day becoming a GM, but is working their way up the ladder......but you don't want someone who thinks they know better and is going to do things their own way. Barker and Taman (who I love, btw) are awful ******* ideas and anyone who brings that up is insane for a lot of reasons. That scouting kid that we lost to the NFL....the young one.....that's the kinda guy we need right now.

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

You want to hire a former GM to be a "scout" minion for Walters? No, that's ********. You need someone who's just a scout, period. Maybe someone who has dreams of one day becoming a GM, but is working their way up the ladder......but you don't want someone who thinks they know better and is going to do things their own way. Barker and Taman (who I love, btw) are awful ******* ideas and anyone who brings that up is insane for a lot of reasons. That scouting kid that we lost to the NFL....the young one.....that's the kinda guy we need right now.

Barker might be a reach as he's gotten up there in age and is still collecting paycheques. Taman on the other hand might see it as an opportunity to work his way back up. The same line of thinking would be we don't hire lapo because he's a former HC and will butt heads with Osh, sometimes people need the wake up calls to straighten themselves out.  

The guy your talking about with the Jets is Drew Morris, and there is a good chance he'd come back to the bombers as he has a working relationship with Walters even now.  Only problem is, I believe he does the canadian scouting for the Jets so he might not have all the connections and whatnot down south if he spends most of his time looking over the CFL and CIS

57 minutes ago, Noeller said:

That team was beyond useless the last 2 weeks, if they continue down this road, its over.

Sorry.