Should this regime be on the hot seat?

White Out

Should another Semi Final exit be the end of this regime?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Should another Semi Final exit be the end of this regime?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

My point was that in four years, they have yet to bring in a new to the CFL, starting receiver. BC brought in Burnham, Calgary Daniels and Jordan, Edmonton Zylstra and Walker, Saskatchewan Roosevelt, Montreal Cunningham, just off the top of my head. Its great to bring in an established free agent like Dressler or to see the potential in another team's guy, Adams but you need to find somebody in 4 years at that spot.

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

They found Adams. 

Found Thorpe and, if you read the threads on MBB, he's the best freakin' receiver the Bombers have had since Milt.

But then Walters and O'Shea poured sugar in gas tank, kicked his dog, and sold his furniture while he was on the road.

Edited by JCon

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

My point was that in four years, they have yet to bring in a new to the CFL, starting receiver. BC brought in Burnham, Calgary Daniels and Jordan, Edmonton Zylstra and Walker, Saskatchewan Roosevelt, Montreal Cunningham, just off the top of my head. Its great to bring in an established free agent like Dressler or to see the potential in another team's guy, Adams but you need to find somebody in 4 years at that spot.

Deonte Spencer.. where didn't that guy come from, and how do we find one!?

Injuries and lack of execution on defence will be the excuse when the real reason is the team did nothing to improve their talent base until injuries occurred.  This one is on  Walters who did nothing to improve talent on  the defensive side of the ball.  Everyone in  the CFL new the Bombers were going to have a rough defence but somehow Walter's thought it was good enough.  The talent on defense was never there and the scheme has been horrible.  In the summer the offense was flying  but now that it got cold, you need a strong defence to stop the run and 3rd down and 3 plays.  The bad teams in the league got better, the Bombers just stopped and watched. 

The Bomber scouting and Kyle Walters seem to be incapable of finding/recognizing receiver, LBer, and QB talent. It's time for some new scouting. With Smith on the shelf for the foreseeable future in the scouting dept, it may be time to lure a top scout away from another team or find a place maybe for Jim Barker, Brendan Taman, or someone in a purely talent evaluation role.

Walters brings a lot to like to the table, but his talent evaluation is not on par with other CFL GMs.

4 minutes ago, Bob the Bomber said:

Injuries and lack of execution on defence will be the excuse when the real reason is the team did nothing to improve their talent base until injuries occurred.  This one is on  Walters who did nothing to improve talent on  the defensive side of the ball.  Everyone in  the CFL new the Bombers were going to have a rough defence but somehow Walter's thought it was good enough.  The talent on defense was never there and the scheme has been horrible.  In the summer the offense was flying  but now that it got cold, you need a strong defence to stop the run and 3rd down and 3 plays.  The bad teams in the league got better, the Bombers just stopped and watched. 

Disagree, since last year they have added 2 new DB's, developed Santos-Knox and Corney and added 4 new D-linemen.  I will accept the scheme has been insufficient but please point out which D players added this year have been busts?

On 10/28/2017 at 10:46 PM, sweep the leg said:

Our lack of depth has been exposed in these last few games. Our scouts need to be looked at when the season is over. And Hall absolutely has to go.

Ive been an adamant defender of this regime but I agree.. Hall's defenses don't work in the CFL anymore and our scouting is deplorable.  We unearth a gem here and there but we can't find DB's or Receivers to save our lives.. Givens may be a good one yet and Walker and Alexander have potential but both have been burned badly more then a few times this season.. ditto Porter in his limited reps..

I'm not ready to say our scouting of QBs is garbage totally as of yet.. Straugn and the other newbie for next year both look good but if we end up going to next seasons opener with Davis and Lefevour as 2-3 again..  could be concerning.. Davis should be much further along.. he looked good in very small spurts and brutal in the rest.. Lefevour, wow.   minimal reps for him going forward.

On 10/28/2017 at 10:10 PM, trueBlue83 said:

Bring on Collaros in the offseason... having him here won't hurt.   Can't see him sticking around Hamilton

Bring in all the QBs, bring in some veteran WRs, Richie Hall should be shipped to the moon by then. Don't care if Lapo is back, Osh will be on his last legs if he can't build a winner. Walters has supplied him with enough talent imo he's safe.

2 hours ago, Gotmilt said:

Bring in all the QBs, bring in some veteran WRs, Richie Hall should be shipped to the moon by then. Don't care if Lapo is back, Osh will be on his last legs if he can't build a winner. Walters has supplied him with enough talent imo he's safe.

Agreed, for the most part. Typically, a GM gets two head coaches before he gets the can tied to him. It has to be a difficult line to walk for Walters- he has to pressure O'Shea to get better results without micro-managing, and if O'Shea is still a believer in Hall, that may be a deal-breaker.

Just now, SPuDS said:

*cough*givens*cough*

*hack* Mathews *hack*

Matthews was a different regime and Givens doesn’t even have 100 yards in 2 games.

It has been pathetic.  They need better US scouting.  Haven’t found more than a handful of difference makers.  Leggett, Jeffcoat, maybe Santos-Knox, Bond.

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Disagree, since last year they have added 2 new DB's, developed Santos-Knox and Corney and added 4 new D-linemen.  I will accept the scheme has been insufficient but please point out which D players added this year have been busts?

Faith Ekakitie, Drake Nevis, Roc Carmichael - busts

Sam Hurl, Kyle Knox, - carry-over busts

Westerman, Leggett,  Randle, Heath, - linchpins for the defense are all in the 30's.   there time is now if you want to win.

Point is that there was talent available once NFL cuts started and before the trade deadline.  Other teams improved where the Bomber didn't.  Edmonton, Saskatchewan, Hamilton, and Ottawa brought in improved talent over what they had.  It is possible that the Bombers were out there negotiating for players but none were brought in.  

A bit harsh on Faith, considering it's his first year in the league and has never played professional football.   Nevis has struggled but not what I would call a "bust".  Carmichael...I'll give you that one. 

But whatever it takes to prove your point  :huh:

6 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

A bit harsh on Faith, considering it's his first year in the league and has never played professional football.   Nevis has struggled but not what I would call a "bust".  Carmichael...I'll give you that one. 

If he's struggled, why do posters always want him on the field whenever C Johnson is out there?

10 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Agreed on the Ekakitie.  It takes time for young players to develop at times.

Nevis has not been a bust, the team has just been playing silly buggers with the DL to try and get more Canadians playing but the DL and defense as a whole generally plays it's best when both Nevis and Poop are in the game. Makes it easier on everyone and Thomas does better when he doesn't have to be an every down guy. 

13 hours ago, JCon said:

Found Thorpe and, if you read the threads on MBB, he's the best freakin' receiver the Bombers have had since Milt.

But then Walters and O'Shea poured sugar in gas tank, kicked his dog, and sold his furniture while he was on the road.

Mathews (within 4? cant remember) Carr, Thorpe was decent, Givens looks like a keeper, so I dunno if its we can't find em.. we can't seem to keep em.   Why would we need to find em if we have guys like Adams, Dressler, etc already tho anyway?

36 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Nevis has not been a bust, the team has just been playing silly buggers with the DL to try and get more Canadians playing but the DL and defense as a whole generally plays it's best when both Nevis and Poop are in the game. Makes it easier on everyone and Thomas does better when he doesn't have to be an every down guy. 

I'd say Nevins nor Faith have been busts..  but they ain't talked about every game and aren't glamouous position players so they obviously must suck if we never hear about em, so CUT!

smh.  fans make my brain hurt.

I don't care if O'shea goes at this point, before we got Nichols this is the exact same BS we were seeing and frankly our offence and defense do not work. Osh needs to be held accountable for fielding the worst defense in the league year after year and this putrid offense.

I think we'll be fine as long as we hold on to the key pieces and rebuild both sides of the ball with new coordinators. Personally I don't think it's all Lapo's fault for the offense sputtering, it looks to be the lack of options for the QB and lack of talent at the QB position.

Also keep Travis Bond at all costs because that o-line was terrible without him.

Edited by Gotmilt