Bye bye Dan suicide pass Lefevour...

bb1

16 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

I am very disappointed in Denmark over the past several games. At a time this team needs him the most he seems to be pulling one of the disappearing acts that got him cut a couple years ago.

Agreed. He's struggled a ton the last few weeks. 4 REC for 29 yards in the last three games. Very concerning, IMO.

Here is the thing, I don't even think the defense was THAT bad... sure they had a rough start to the game but they got their **** together and kept the team in it despite the offense doing nothing at all, it was only at the end when they were clearly gassed that things went sideways again for them. Any kind of break given to them by the offense and they'd have been a lot better at the end of the game. This one all comes down to the offense doing sweet **** all, even when Nichols was in they weren't exactly setting the world on fire. 

15 hours ago, J5V said:

Of course you don't. You're an apologist. I get that. That's how you express yourself as a fan when the team plays like crap. Because you love them, like we all do. You're like Mom, always apologizing for the kids. Now Dad, he's different. He tells it like it is! ^_^

No, I don't agree because you are wrong.  I've been critical of the team when its been warranted, hell, I've even said its time for Hall's defense to be put to pasture.  Doesn't change the fact that we were still in this "rout" for almost the entire game.. How is that so unfathomable to you?  We were down 2 freakin' points almost the entire game! 

if our offense could have moved the ball even the slightest bit, we win this game.  you don't have a chance to win the game when in the midst of a rout.  Do you see where you've got this ass backwards?  A team that could take the lead at any point is not being routed..

dont think I can spell this out any clearer to you.. were we out played? Sure.  Routed? definitely not.  BC Sucked. we just sucked worse.

15 hours ago, J5V said:

How the hell would I know? That's the coach's job! You know, the guy that sees him every day and determines who will fill that role. Hopefully the coach is going to pick a guy that doesn't crap his pants under the "bright lights".

how is he supposed to know how he is going to react when its truly time to shine?  nobody can until they get that chance.  I'm also not ready to write Davis off after one poor performance. Lets see what happens this weekend.

13 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Image result for well there it is the dumbest thing i've read all day

Losing by 9 points isn't a rout. Especially without a starting QB. SPuDS pointing that out doesn't him an apologist.

The Stampeders lost by 9 points... Was that a "rout" by the Eskimos? Nope.

exactly.   If our offense had any form of functioning ability, we win this game easy.  a rout means the chance of snatching victory from defeat has long since died. ours didn't until what, last 4 mins of the game? 

10 hours ago, SPuDS said:

how is he supposed to know how he is going to react when its truly time to shine?  nobody can until they get that chance.  I'm also not ready to write Davis off after one poor performance. Lets see what happens this weekend.

exactly.   If our offense had any form of functioning ability, we win this game easy.  a rout means the chance of snatching victory from defeat has long since died. ours didn't until what, last 4 mins of the game? 

Man! What are you putting in your Blue Kool-Aid? That is one sad argument.

Blue_Koolaid.gif

Even Nichols was playing like crap. Look one more time and tell me we didn't stink.

Bomber_Passing.png

Offence.png

What you’re missing means you haven’t been paying attention all year long. The Bombers don’t jump out of the gate in a football game. The 1st quarters are worth exactly that...25 cents. And where did that get us? Oh yeah 11 wins. There absolutely no reason not to believe that Nichols woud have got us there again. He played TWO series and got us 6 points. Down 14-6..

With our main man in there, the defence, logically, could have stayed off the field more and more. Do you not see the correlation? The imbalance in yardage has happened before in games...games that we have won. 

Sure, the result stunk, but if you can’t see how the results would have been different with Nichols in there..you know, Matty Ice, then what can I say?

The game is over, time to put your routing pouting to rest.

Just re-watched the first half and thought the DL and the LB's played a very decent half of football, including Hurl.  It occurs to me that Hall's strategy for this game was to pressure Jennings into making bad throws as he's been inaccurate all season, except it didn't really work as Jennings was still completing passes with defenders all over him, kudos to Jennings.  Coverage on the back-end was loose as they were bringing the house on almost every play and the DB's weren't getting much help from the LB's underneath.  

Still two of the TD's BC scored in the first half were from broken coverage by the Walker/Porter/Alexander combo,  so players are still messing up assignments in week 19, hard to fault Hall for that.  Not sure why they kept Porter around all season as he doesn't have the physical abilities of Alexander, Walker or Frederick imo.  I'm not a glutton for punishment so I think I'll skip reviewing the second half.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Just re-watched the first half and thought the DL and the LB's played a very decent half of football, including Hurl.  It occurs to me that Hall's strategy for this game was to pressure Jennings into making bad throws as he's been inaccurate all season, except it didn't really work as Jennings was still completing passes with defenders all over him, kudos to Jennings.  Coverage on the back-end was loose as they were bringing the house on almost every play and the DB's weren't getting much help from the LB's underneath.  

Still two of the TD's BC scored in the first half were from broken coverage by the Walker/Porter/Alexander combo,  so players are still messing up assignments in week 19, hard to fault Hall for that.  Not sure why they kept Porter around all season as he doesn't have the physical abilities of Alexander, Walker or Frederick imo.  I'm not a glutton for punishment so I think I'll skip reviewing the second half.

You just can't send your MLB  as a rushing DL every down...  teams figure it out.  Plus Loffler plays closer to the line too, making up for our missing MLB and the rest of the DBs play deeper... things can unravel quickly.

On 10/30/2017 at 6:07 PM, J5V said:

Offence.png

Yeah, that's a shitkicking.

So, not that I really want to get in on this pissing match... but I am very curious to know what your definition of "shitkicking" or "rout" is... if Medlock makes the last kick... these stats are still exactly the same... so is it still possible to get shitkicked and win?...

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

That game wasn't even fair.... though in hindsight, I am fairly impressed that a team coached by Jim Daley and QB'd by Reggie Slack even made it to the Grey Cup :D

Amazing to be sure, but Slack was a fierce competitor and if his body was as strong as his spirit, he would have been around a lot longer.

On 10/30/2017 at 10:03 AM, JuranBoldenRules said:

I’m not.  Very different personalities.  Glenn has made piece with where he’s at in his career.  Durant is a toxic diva.

Good point... I was thinking more from a talent/experienced back-up perspective... if he is getting on people the second Nichols makes a bad throw, he'd had no place in the Bombers locker room....

Given that the Stamps will start a lot of backups, there is no reason that the Bomber QBs should not show well, even if the team loses. They will be carried on the roster for the balance of the season if they repeat last game's performance, but that ought to be the end of their careers in the CFL.

8 hours ago, bearpants said:

That game wasn't even fair.... though in hindsight, I am fairly impressed that a team coached by Jim Daley and QB'd by Reggie Slack even made it to the Grey Cup :D

Jim Daley was mid 2000's & Reggie Slack was mid 90's, neither of which I believe made it to Grey Cup???