Bye bye Dan suicide pass Lefevour...

bb1

8 minutes ago, blueandgoldguy said:

I remember when many people on the old site thought we had great QBing with Pierce, Elliott and Brink.  

if Buck had had an o-line, and a receiver to throw to, he'd have had a lot more success.  Elliott and Brink wouldn't have had success with Calvillo's o-line.

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

if Buck had had an o-line, and a receiver to throw to, he'd have had a lot more success.  Elliott and Brink wouldn't have had success with Calvillo's o-line.

Why even start this again... so depressing to be back in a qb debate

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Bucks primary limiting factor was allways his mentality. No matter who you surrounded him with he would allways end up hurt, and throwing risky passes. He was a great leader. And a hell of a football player. But a pretty mediocre passer. Kevin glenn light. 

28 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Dom Davis qb of the future...

Philip nelson fan club is starting up. As soon as i can figure a way to reprint over the austin apodaca shirts i will begin distributing them. Want in? :lol:

A new vet back up qb is some thing we need to take a long hard look at in the off season. That said, with our tight cap situation going into the season and still some holes to fill it may be a pipe dream. Either that, or we will need to re tool and move money from some older guys to new players and hope depth can fill the rest.  

When I heard the boos raining down from IGF yesterday I was reminded that this team still hasn't been forgiven for all the disappointing seasons of the last 27 years. Sure back to back 11 win seasons is winning some fans back but performances like those yesterday, at home, just rip the scabs off of old wounds. These fans need someone, anyone, to end their suffering and give them the championship they desire so badly.

2 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

I've said it before, I'll say it again...one of the major problems with Dom D yesterday was the play calling. Let the guy use his legs. Roll him out. Matt N has to be a pocket passer cause he can't run. Davis can so let him outside.

Lefovour is just terrible...cut him ASAP.

Agreed on the inflexible playcalling, but you are going to have to put up with Lefevour for the next two games plus an appropriate period of dithering.

I don't know anything about Davis, and I'm not saying he's good or bad, but

you can't rely expect a qb who has played  one or two games total  to step in and win a game for you, or even play well immediately. 

A player that smart/ good would probably be in  the NFL. 

Not sure how many plays he's been in for over the last two seasons, but  it would have paid off now, to get him a bit of  time in relief of Nichols.

CFL.ca  2017 :   29 attempts 17 completions, 208 Yards.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, J5V said:

When I heard the boos raining down from IGF yesterday I was reminded that this team still hasn't been forgiven for all the disappointing seasons of the last 27 years. Sure back to back 11 win seasons is winning some fans back but performances like those yesterday, at home, just rip the scabs off of old wounds. These fans need someone, anyone, to end their suffering and give them the championship they desire so badly.

It's hard really to properly thank this post, outside thanking it and expanding like I will.

You can really tell who's emotionally invested in this team and have been for the last 3 decades when failures like this do exactly what they did; they rip open old wounds. This team has been a failure like none other since 1990, going on nearly 30 years. In an 8 and 9 team league. So I don't bemoan anyone who goes off the deep end after this team lays another steamer on the carpet.

The only thing that fixes this is a championship. Everything else including regular season success is  noise.

5 hours ago, Mark F said:

I don't know anything about Davis, and I'm not saying he's good or bad, but you can't rely expect a qb who has played  one or two games total  to step in and win a game for you, or even play well immediately. 

A player that smart/ good would probably be in  the NFL. Not sure how many plays he's been in for over the last two seasons, but  it would have paid off now, to get him a bit of  time in relief of Nichols.

CFL.ca  2017 :   29 attempts 17 completions, 208 Yards.

With the time he has spent on the roster, Davis should have looked better than he did. He looked tentative and intimidated.

Please don't cut Lefevour. Just because some of you thought he might be more than a short-yardage QB, that doesn't mean he should be cut. He's done his job well all year. He gets yards+ and holds the ball.

Just, dear god, don't let him throw down field any more (across his body, running to his right, throwing into triple(?) coverage).

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Davis has a rocket arm... We've see it! That's what was so maddening about his performance on Saturday.... We've SEEN that the guy can play well! I dunno what the hell was going on out there... 

He's never been expected to come in & win a game. That is what was expected as the game was close when Nichols was injured.