Bye bye Dan suicide pass Lefevour...

bb1

30 minutes ago, pigseye said:

I wouldn't give up on Davis just yet, when his first read was there, he delivered the ball nicely. Most times however, his first read wasn't there.

Yeah, a QB needs to show the ability to make more than just his first read. Davis looked mostly terrible on Saturday and there's no excuse for it.

2 minutes ago, tracker said:

If a couple of years on the practice roster isn't enough to allow an aspiring quarterback to step onto the field and look competitive, how many does it take? Three? Five? No one expected him to look like another Nichols but he ought to look better than he did, otherwise why is he here? Just because we can't find anyone better?

Davis looked ok at times, frazzled at others.  he was running an offense that wasn't tailored to his needs.  He was pensive, probably worried about losing the game... would you have preferred him to play like Lefevor did?  He didn't look all that bad.  he hit 3 receivers that I can recall with really nice passes.. 

me thinks your expectations are clearly way out of touch with reality.

I have faith that if they know Davis is starting this week (he should be...) then they'll tailor a game plan to play to his strengths this week, and he'll look more like he did in the pre-season games. This Friday night should basically be a glorified pre-season game anyhow, so let's see it. If the guy pulls out a win, call it a bonus. 

12 minutes ago, tracker said:

If you cannot accept at least the last game as an embarrassing rout, I do not know how to respond to that.

you do know what a rout it right? like an absolute ass kicking from opening kickoff to final whistle.  We were in the game until the middle of the 4th.   if our offense could have done something.. ANYTHING.. this game was for the taking. 

So no, if YOU think that was a rout, I don't know how to make you understand the concept of a rout.

7 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I'd take a hard pass on Durant. He has looked like hot garbage all year. I think his best before date was 2015 tbh.  

I'd take Glenn back over Durant,  but I'd prefer neither. I'd like to think our #2 as the future not an aging players on the brink of retirement cuz once they are gone we're back to the drawing board. Depending the QB scenery shake up this offseason but maybe we can get Jennings if BC decides to make a play for Collaros

Would be nice but I don't see BC giving him up. 

4 hours ago, SPuDS said:

you do know what a rout it right? like an absolute ass kicking from opening kickoff to final whistle.  We were in the game until the middle of the 4th.   if our offense could have done something.. ANYTHING.. this game was for the taking. 

So no, if YOU think that was a rout, I don't know how to make you understand the concept of a rout.

Offence.png

Let's see ... More than double the yardage, almost double the TOP, etc. Yeah, that's a shitkicking.

5 hours ago, SPuDS said:

and what, pray tell, do you take umbrage with about their record?  the high win totals or the lesser loss ones??

Neither. It's their record the last 4 games. 1 win.

5 hours ago, SPuDS said:

how care a guy who has played barely any reps for us.. look scared and nervous in front of a rowdy crowd thats already pissed off at how our offense is doing..

you expected him to step in and be the second coming of Moon or maybe Printers?  Dom's a back up for a reason.. he needs time to get comfortable before hes going to look poised and polished... If he can look poised and polished... some guys just cant function with the bright lights on.

So we make him our backup QB? 

10 minutes ago, J5V said:

Offence.png

Let's see ... More than double the yardage, almost double the TOP, etc. Yeah, that's a shitkicking.

and yet.. we were in it until that back breaking TD by Rainey.

Sorry, don't agree.. If there is a chance to make a comeback still near the end of the game.. it ain't a rout.  a rout is you getting destroyed.. and not ever getting a chance to get back into the game... BC led us by.. what.. 2 to 5 points almost the whole game???

ya, wow.. did we ever get routed there.. :rolleyes:

and yes, I do realize we mounted zero opposition to the lions.. doesn't mean it was a rout..  means we couldn't get our collective **** together.

Just now, J5V said:

So we make him our backup QB? 

gotta find it out some way or another, no?  didn't realize people were mind readers.  If you were so capable in knowing these facts, why haven't you shared with the rest of the class?

5 hours ago, SPuDS said:

routs?  jesus.  stop embellishing lol. we've lost by what, a field goal one game and 10 points the  other?   all of the above mentioned doesn't reference the record.. at all.. tho so again, how do you believe their record negatively reflects upon the management, because we didn't go undefeated?

Offence.png

Yeah, that's a shitkicking.

10 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

Sorry, don't agree..

Of course you don't. You're an apologist. I get that. That's how you express yourself as a fan when the team plays like crap. Because you love them, like we all do. You're like Mom, always apologizing for the kids. Now Dad, he's different. He tells it like it is! ^_^

17 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

gotta find it out some way or another, no?  didn't realize people were mind readers.  If you were so capable in knowing these facts, why haven't you shared with the rest of the class?

How the hell would I know? That's the coach's job! You know, the guy that sees him every day and determines who will fill that role. Hopefully the coach is going to pick a guy that doesn't crap his pants under the "bright lights".

26 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Killed em on special teams though, which is 1/3 of the game. 

In what way? Turnovers were 3-2 in our favour. Both kickers were 100% in FGs. Kicking averages were nearly identical. Special teams tackles were identical at 10.

If we don't have Nichols playing this weekend then we are dead. Plain & simple. We all know that as there's no way the Stamps want to be on a 3 game losing streak at home going into the WDF.  As far as something to prove, I think the Stamps will play hard. We are in tough. 

This team has done some great things & I think better days are ahead next year. But we need to still fill some holes & replace Hall to have a chance to win the GC next season. I'm conceding a Mea Culpa on this season with the way things are going. That's not being negative but being a realist. But I'm certainly not negative on the Bombers future. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

On 10/30/2017 at 6:17 PM, J5V said:

Of course you don't. You're an apologist. I get that. That's how you express yourself as a fan when the team plays like crap. Because you love them, like we all do. You're like Mom, always apologizing for the kids. Now Dad, he's different. He tells it like it is! ^_^

Image result for well there it is the dumbest thing

Losing by 9 points isn't a rout. Especially without a starting QB. SPuDS pointing that out doesn't him an apologist.

The Stampeders lost by 9 points... Was that a "rout" by the Eskimos? Nope.

Edited by blue_gold_84

2 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Image result for well there it is the dumbest thing i've read all day

Losing by 9 points isn't a rout. Especially without a starting QB. SPuDS pointing that out doesn't him an apologist.

The Stampeders lost by 9 points... Was that a "rout" by the Eskimos? Nope.

Shut_Up1.gif

They mopped the floor with us and kicked our asses all over the field. The only thing that was close in that game was the score. Anyone that watched that game with any objectivity knows that's true.