Labour Day Classic: Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan

Rich

31 minutes ago, Mark F said:

listened to a podcast on CKRM with someone named Derek Taylor, who said that Nichols is playing over his head, and if they get pressure on him he folds.

Hard to grasp what it is that these people can't understand about Nichols.

Its pretty weird - Nichols was on his way to being one of the next top CFL QBs until his injury then he really looked done...  sure looks like the old Nichols now

35 minutes ago, Mark F said:

listened to a podcast on CKRM with someone named Derek Taylor, who said that Nichols is playing over his head, and if they get pressure on him he folds.

Taylor was saying that all last year too.

Just now, Mark F said:

I think it comes down to them not being able to distinguish between Glenn and Nichols' records. Being as how they're from Saskatchewan, its understandable.

1 hour ago, AKAChip said:

Derek Taylor is from Winnipeg and one of the more knowledgable CFL guys out there. He has an opinion of Nichols based on the data he collects. 

what data indicates Nichols "folds" under pressure?

I base my opinion on games I've watched. 

This season, and much of last, Nichols does very well under pressure. Pretty sure there are stats that support that. there was an overtime game quite recently where he drove the team for the score and win. Close games where he did the same thing.

leading quarterback in the league statistically. 108 straight pass attempts no int, 9 td passes one int.

folding is the opposite of what he's done this year. He's clutch.

seems once these authorities  state their opinion, they are reluctant  to change it. No matter what transpires on the field.

Problem with not having thorpe is that he is good at fighting for and getting tough yards after a catch. Which helps with our offence  and our short of the first down marker passing game.

Edited by Mark F

2 hours ago, tracker said:

We know that we have as good a place-kicker as has ever played in the CFL, and if the Bombers could cash in more than half their red-zone chances, they would be near-unbeatable.  I hope that Walters, O'Shea and LaPolice are going to tweak something to make that happen.

We need to see Lapo evolve into a mad scientist, brilliant O coordinator with a killer instinct. After Mosaic's comment about the 13th man thing being Lapo's fault I hope he takes it personally and has cooked up a very special set of voodoo dolls for our Rider friends today.:P

35 minutes ago, Mark F said:

what data indicates Nichols "folds" under pressure?

I base my opinion on games I've watched. 

This season, and much of last, Nichols does very well under pressure. Pretty sure there are stats that support that. there was an overtime game quite recently where he drove the team for the score and win. Close games where he did the same thing.

leading quarterback in the league statistically. 108 straight pass attempts no int, 9 td passes one int.

folding is the opposite of what he's done this year. He's clutch.

seems once these authorities  state their opinion, they are reluctant  to change it. No matter what transpires on the field.

I believe that he is referring to pressure in the sense of defenses pressuring the QB, not in the sense of high-pressure situations.

2 hours ago, AKAChip said:

Derek Taylor is from Winnipeg and one of the more knowledgable CFL guys out there. He has an opinion of Nichols based on the data he collects. 

Good at collecting data, but he makes up obscure ways of synthesizing and analyzing it that aren't recognized or used by anyone else and are often missing some key information or context.

I like it when he sticks to more core stats with controls that but still stuff the CFL doesn't necessarily publish.

14 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Good at collecting data, but he makes up obscure ways of synthesizing and analyzing it that aren't recognized or used by anyone else and are often missing some key information or context.

I like it when he sticks to more core stats with controls that but still stuff the CFL doesn't necessarily publish.

Translation ... B.S.

5 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Man, they're talking a lot of **** over on Riderfans about how scared we should be. I mean, I'm cautiously optimistic but not afraid of them like they think we are. They must've started boozing hard 3 games ago.

i've got money on the game, from a betting perspective bombers are the underdog. From the betting perspective i'm ok with that

Not thrilled that Poop is sitting... would way rather see Santos-Knox in the box and Briggs backing up WIL

Need to get at Kevin Glenn early, Loffler needs a big game at safety and our de facto MLB...  he'll be the one stopping Marshall

Target Denmark in the redzone please, like to see Dressler take one punt back to the endzone too please

Going to be a great game