Labour Day Classic: Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan

Rich

30 minutes ago, Floyd said:

So much confusion.

Targeting Ed Gainey all game...  wtf?  There's mad science for you.

Starting two backs for 11 combined touches...

Sitting Poop and then playing Okpo at DT half the game

No Dressler on PR

Constantly lining Hurl up at the DL - closing a gap but leaving everything open up the middle

Starting Derek Jones at CB instead of Carmichael after Heath injury

Outcoached at every level.  Embarassing.

Targeting Gainey all game was truly insane. What is Lapo thinking?

As much as I dislike Jones and all things Riders they have, in 2 years, assembled a team that was far superior to ours today. When is this organisation going to develop a killer instinct and get the very best players and coaches in here and build us a championship team? I am so sick and tired of watching our team get destroyed by the likes of a team like the Riders.

9 minutes ago, J5V said:

Targeting Gainey all game was truly insane. What is Lapo thinking?

As much as I dislike Jones and all things Riders they have, in 2 years, assembled a team that was far superior to ours today. When is this organisation going to develop a killer instinct and get the very best players and coaches in here and build us a championship team? I am so sick and tired of watching our team get destroyed by the likes of a team like the Riders.

In my opinion they will not do this because having an exciting O is enough to put butts in the seats and the $$$ is always the bottom line in Winnipeg. Winnipeg is a city that always settles for good over great because great costs too much... typical small market mentality...

1 minute ago, TheSource said:

In my opinion they will not do this because having an exciting O is enough to put butts in the seats and the $$$ is always the bottom line in Winnipeg. Winnipeg is a city that always settles for good over great because great costs too much... typical small market mentality...

Sadly, Riders have always had a higher regard for being world class. Just a difference between the two provinces I guess.

4 minutes ago, tracker said:

This game was more anti-climactic than a cold shower and a picture of a naked Rosie O'Donnell.

Great. As if I didn't feel bad enough already.:(

26 minutes ago, tracker said:

This game was more anti-climactic than a cold shower and a picture of a naked Rosie O'Donnell.

no kidding. I've been anticipating this game for two days.

Total dud performance by the Bombers.

listening to Sask call in show now. happy times in sasquatchewan.

44 minutes ago, Mark F said:

no kidding. I've been anticipating this game for two days.

Total dud performance by the Bombers.

listening to Sask call in show now. happy times in sasquatchewan.

Why shouldn't they be? They just kicked our asses all over the field and had me thinking they were going to win 52-0 again in a game that is supposed to be one of our must-win games against our biggest rival. This was a colossal let down all around and maybe shows we aren't as good as some would have us believe.

Can someone tell me why we start games so poorly whenever we, as fans, get our hopes built up that we're going to see a good performance by our team? I only ask because it seems to happen to us a lot.

1 hour ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Two wins over Montreal, and a win over Ottawa by a combined seven points. I'm sorry but our record GREATLY flatters us and it showed today. This is a  slightly above average football team. Nothing more.

Yup. I'd say we are better than last year but I would put $0 on our winning the cup this year.

Given that I've outlived my father by 19 years, I'm getting more than a bit worried about this.

2 minutes ago, Fred C Dobbs said:

Yup. I'd say we are better than last year but I would put $0 on our winning the cup this year.

Given that I've outlived my father by 19 years, I'm getting more than a bit worried about this.

I, too, am getting more than a little impatient. The score today flattered us and that isn't good. We were destroyed by a better team on offense, defense, and special teams. Can't think of a single positive to take away from this game.

4 minutes ago, J5V said:

I, too, am getting more than a little impatient. The score today flattered us and that isn't good. We were destroyed by a better team on offense, defense, and special teams. Can't think of a single positive to take away from this game.

I just feel bad for all the people in Regina.