Labour Day Classic: Winnipeg @ Saskatchewan

Rich

16 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Good vibes will help carry the Riders but, we've already seen that once this year..on Canada ?? Day, in their brand new stadium...where they had all the advantages. And we held fast. We can do it again..

I like the comparison. This week to week 2. Glenn has not shown capacity to sustain the performance he has in the past two gamesfor many more games. Its  the defence that is keeping the green squad competitive. 

Be a nail biter but i think our more experienced players, and all around better preparation by coaching will carry us to a win. Riders will be pumped, not used to our two back system and the quick tempo and will over commit and bite on a lot of stuff early on and we will eat up big chunks of yardage and get an early lead and Glenn will start to press and turnover city.  All we need to do is start strong...a bad start and we are toast. I don't think their linebackers will have the answer to the 2 headed monster

Also I think the fact that once we get to the 50 yard line that it's pretty much a given we are going to most likely get  3 points...so that will weigh on their defense and they make take some risks and get burned .

A few stats for the Riders' O"

Offensive points per game: 27.8 (ranked 3rd)

Net Offense: 370 yards / game (ranked 7th)

Plays from scrimmage: 55.5 / game (ranked 7th)

QB pressures given up: 42 (ranked 3rd)

Time of Possession: 30:18 (ranked 5th)

Interceptions thrown: 8 (ranked 7th)

Completion %: 70.2 (ranked 2nd)

So, there are a few things one can conclude here:

1. Getting a lot of pressure on Glenn is unlikely.  However, their pressures allowed extrapolated over 9 games puts them at 48, significantly more than the Bombers have given up.

2. The Riders rank quite high in points scored, but lower in other offensive categories (net offense; time of possession) it looks like a significant amount of scoring after turnovers by the D.

3. Glenn's completion percentage shows some good efficiency, but one cannot ignore 8 interceptions, an average of one per game.

4. Curious stat: despite being ranked 2nd best for the least two & outs - they are among the lowest in plays from scrimmage per game.

6 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

Doesn't matter how the Riders are playing leading into this thing, this is the LDC and the Bombers have only won 3 of these games since 2000! Trepidation is a normal reaction for a Bomber fan on this weekend. That being said, I think we smoke em this year :)

relieved.gif

10 minutes ago, Mark F said:

From what I've seen,  Glenn has not been turtling this season.

It's a new Glenn.

Kevin has an enormous chip on his shoulder that he's been carrying around for16 years. 

If he ever wins a G.C. the first thing he's going to do is point his finger at the camera and say " F.U. ALL!!!"

15 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

I think it would be a hoot in a strange twist of irony if Lankford scores a touchdown by a long bomb, as well as a second TD on a kick off return. 

I can't even tell you how bad I want this.... Not because I'm some big Lankford fan, but man I love seeing big, harsh criticisms get shot down... 

I want nothing more for the Bombers to succeed and if Lankford scores two long TDs and the Bombers win, I'll be happy. It's just that his skill and ability is conducive to the odd big play around long spells of invisibility and the odd good play or good game isn't going to blind me into thinking he's all of a sudden some amazing player. 

5 hours ago, szaroz71 said:

I'm not sure how I feel about Owens, I think he would make a better returner than Demski but it sounds like AJ Jefferson may be returning punts. The return of Dressler makes me a little nervous, he's usually good for a couple majors against us... any idea who he would be replacing? Denmark? 

He's replacing Thorpe. So Denmark, Dressler, Adams, Lankford, Feoli-Gudino (and Harris/Flanders)

My guess: if the Riders can keep Glenn clean, they win. That quick release of his really matches up well against that soft Richie Hall D.

Gonna be interesting to see how the Bombers secondary plays against Carter and Roosevelt. Do they move Randall and Heath around to keep them matched up with those two big dogs?  Or do they just trust their scheme and their players and let the Riders come at em?

Pumped for the game!  Labour Day is always better when both teams have something to lose.  Hoping for a Bomber win, an entertaining game, and no significant injuries on either team.

There is no question that Glenn will put up a lot of completions and a lot of yards and people will freak the **** out about it, the key will be how often that winds up in the endzone and how often the ball is turned over. Just the way Glenn plays vs. the way our D plays is going to be frustrating for us Bomber fans to watch. 

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Or we can sack him a few times and he turtles and/or when they need a big play he'll crack and toss a lame duck interception.   

He's had decent protection this season so far and hasn't been banged up very much at all.   

well if you want to make things easy then sure. I am all for someone putting a hurt on Glenn early and often. Hell I'll live through some penalties from Westerman if it get Glenn planted on his ass a time or two.