Who was our worst coach?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who was our worst coach?

• Mike kelly
    • Tim Burke
    • Jeff Reinbold
    • Jim Daley
    • Doug Berry

Wish you had an option for Other... I go back more than most of you do. The worst coaches I remember are:

1)  Joe Zaleski as he was incapable of working with a young team & getting them ready to play. He was a former qb in the 50's with the Bombers & became an offensive assistant under Bud Grant.He had nothing but All Stars to work with during those Grey Cup years. When all these players retired & he took over it was a case of being in over his head.

2) Jeff Reinbold. A coach who wowed the Bombers during the interview process but didn't have the experience needed to rebuild the team in the mid 90's. He really struggled in the years he was here.

3) Tim Burke. We all thought he was a defensive guru being the best DC in the CFL & the next one in line just waiting for a head coaching position. When he took over we quickly saw that he wasn't at all ready to handle the circus that was the Bombers in 2012 & 13. Joe Mack put his reputation on the line hiring Burke after firing LaPo & it became a disaster. He had no answers to any of the questions, admitted he didn't know how to fix things & looked like he was going to cry most days especially after loss after another crushing loss. I'd rate Burke the all time worst.

Worst coach in what sense? If going by win % alone then Reinhold and his .188 wp is the worst of any Bomber coach all time.

Burke was simply clueless, Daley was a horrible coach and couldn't judge talent if it bit him you know where and Kelly brought the circus to town on a daily basis.

All horrible in there own way but Reinbold gets my vote simply because his win % is the worst all time.

2 minutes ago, bombsaway said:

Worst coach in what sense? If going by win % alone then Reinhold and his .188 wp is the worst of any Bomber coach all time.

Burke was simply clueless, Daley was a horrible coach and couldn't judge talent if it bit him you know where and Kelly brought the circus to town on a daily basis.

All horrible in there own way but Reinbold gets my vote simply because his win % is the worst all time.

It's hard to believe it when I say this but Reinbold had a better team. He may have had TJ Rubley but he was better than Jason Boltus & Justin Goltz.

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Because he had more talent. I think Burke even though he may have had the worst team of all time still is a worse coach. Useless as **** on a bull.

Just for the record - the nipples of any male mammal are part of what determines what kind of nipples their female offspring will have. So, you're basically saying Burke was not completely useless.

Burke - for no other reason than his inept ability to lose the room before he entered it. I remember in one post-game Demond Washington had a chance for a interception that would've sealed it for the Blue, only to have it deflect off his hands, caught by the receiver and go for a TD.

Post-game Burke completely threw Washington (a rookie at the time) under the bus, saying he should've just knocked down the pass instead of going for the INT. I understand that players make mistakes and have to be held accountable for them, but there is also something to be said for winning as a team, and losing as a team.

Also y'know... 7-21 win/loss record is like RIDER bad.

Statistically speaking in terms of winning percentage its Jeff Reinebold who gets the doughnut for worst coaching record of all time (note the spelling, there's an "e" in his name that everyone always seems to forget.)

Next up is Joe Zaleski. who I am too young to remember.  The first Bomber coach I remember was Bud Riley, whose greatest gift he ever gave the Bombers was his son Mike.

What is sad is that we haven't had a coach with an above .500 record since Doug Berry. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Winnipeg_Blue_Bombers_head_coaches

The number for O'Shea isn't correct BTW, his win total doesn't include 2016 numbers.  Factor 2016 in plus the win on Saturday and he's at 43.6% so slowly getting over .500.  Hope he makes it there after this season is done!

Edited by kelownabomberfan

I voted for Kelly, even tho results should say Reinebold, simply because Kelly was atrocious as a Coach, GM and as a person.  I often compare the DD to Glenn situation in Saskatchewan with the Glenn to LeFors in Winnipeg. Just a bone head move that will likely be their downfall

Edited by Taynted_Fayth