EDMONTON ESKIMOS @ BC LIONS

Mr Dee

My thoughts about tonight's game. 

- Eskies DLine dominates the BC OLine

- Jennings was off, fumbled the ball, his long ball was off, and he held on to the ball too long but boy can he really throw it. 

-White and Johnson are two underrated running backs. Both complete their offenses so well. 

- Williams will be the next all star reciever in the league. But on that note have you noticed receivers getting away with pushing off the DB. Kind of un fair considering you barely breathe on a reciever and it gets called for pass interference 

- Nick Moore was the best reciever for BC tonight. 

-Quiet nights for Arceneaux and Bowman. 

- Rielly is my favourite non Bomber QB

- Adam Kontar was all over the field. I really like his game. 

-Johnny Adams had a rough outing tonight.

- Bad penalties from Edmonton late in the game. 

-Ty Long welcome to the CFL you'll have to be better next time.

-Edmonton will be dangerous regardless this season because their offense is so good.

-BC will be a good team but I'm not sure if they're a great team. Jenning still has room to grow as a QB.

The Lions need to do something about that O line. Not only bad blocking but penalties that took big plays off the board.

Jennings won't throw for 5000 yards, let alone 6000, this year if he can't get comfortable in the pocket. He still looked very good considering he only had a couple of seconds before he had to get rid of the ball.

Rainey is still one of, if not the best, returners in the league. Would have had a 90 yard TD return if not for the holding call.

Long was terrible last night. Punted 3 into the end zone when he was trying to pin Edmonton deep. Hit an upright. Got a a convert blocked. Missed another one.  BC needs to shore  this up if they want to be elite.

Edmonton is already better than I thought they'd be by mid-season. Benevides has the defense looking like it did in the stretch run last year despite the changes and losing Sherritt.

William's looks like the next great receiver, but he's going to get called on the push off sooner rather than later.

Reilly looked great, partly because he was comfortable behind his O line.

That 76 yard pass and run play almost looked like the Milt miracle, but Zylstra got caught.

Subtle push-off of a defender is legal? If it is, it shouldn't be. Fighting for the ball is different than a push-off. It clearly givers the receiver a tremendous advantage.

Two of his catches could have been called but the catch in the end zone was offensive pass interference, it was more than subtle imo.

Great catches though.

Brandon Zylystra would look good in a Bomber uniform. That guy can play.

Nic Moore played well.

John White the IV? When that happen?

Travis Lulay wasting away on the sideline is hard to watch. I'm surprised Sasky wouldn't make a play for him. What a great insurance policy to have for Buono if JJ goes down.

Fun game to watch, some real athletic plays. 

Weird not watching our Bombers first week of the season. 

Man that BC offensive line had some problems, lucky for them Jennings can throw it the length of the field on the run just with a flick of the wrist. But then the Esks caught them all napping by doing the same thing right back to them and just heaving it deep. Actually both teams showed a love of just going long, Matt Dunigan musta shed some tears watching it. I'd pitch it deep all the time too if I had big receivers who were allowed to just throw dbs out of the way all the time. Duke Williams I don't think caught a single pass without abusing the smaller dbs, and I'll be honest, they said the guy was 6'3 225 but man he looks bigger than that, just a horse. How can you cover a guy like that when he's allowed to be that phyiscal?

Great game but disappointing crowd. Under 20,000. Seems a lot of issues in the Lower Mainland like the population of the downtown mostly Asian, the majority of fans live in the suburbs far away or in places like Abbotsford & Chilliwack, the difficulty getting to BC Place & high ticket prices all seem to have come together to create this problem for the Lions of attracting fans. Also, David Braley himself running the organization & grinding it down on the cheap. Cutting people from marketing & sales. Very little advertising. People want Braley to sell but the old codger, just like when he owned the Argos thinks he can get more than top dollar for the team even though the longer he waits the less he'll get. Braley destroyed the Argos brand in Toronto. That's the impression I get from talking to someone very close to the Lions.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Man that BC offensive line had some problems, lucky for them Jennings can throw it the length of the field on the run just with a flick of the wrist. But then the Esks caught them all napping by doing the same thing right back to them and just heaving it deep. Actually both teams showed a love of just going long, Matt Dunigan musta shed some tears watching it. I'd pitch it deep all the time too if I had big receivers who were allowed to just throw dbs out of the way all the time. Duke Williams I don't think caught a single pass without abusing the smaller dbs, and I'll be honest, they said the guy was 6'3 225 but man he looks bigger than that, just a horse. How can you cover a guy like that when he's allowed to be that phyiscal?

I'm jealous of both QBs and those receivers. Walker gone, no problem, meet the Duke. Sheesh.

I really hope to see O'Shea take the next step in his development as a head coach and take full advantage of what the league is and isn't allowing to take place on the field. Time for him to become Wally and start telling the officials how to do their jobs (to the Bombers advantage, of course).

And Kyle, nothing against Weston Dressler and Ryan Smith but how good would someone like Arceneaux or Zylstra look in blue and gold? Too bad Gurly didn't work out. Had high hopes for that big guy.

26 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Well when a 1000 square foot house costs you well over 1 million dollars, its no wonder why ppl dont show up to football games. They are all house poor. 

Even if your house is a million the next house you want is $1.2 million so people really can't even move. They're locked in. Unless they leave & go live somewhere other than the Lower Mainland. Ever watch Love it or List It Vancouver? Where the hell do people get the money??? Oh yeah, our reno budget is $250,000 & our budget for a new house is $3.5 million. Crazy First World Problems.

25 minutes ago, J5V said:

I'm jealous of both QBs and those receivers. Walker gone, no problem, meet the Duke. Sheesh.

I really hope to see O'Shea take the next step in his development as a head coach and take full advantage of what the league is and isn't allowing to take place on the field. Time for him to become Wally and start telling the officials how to do their jobs (to the Bombers advantage, of course).

And Kyle, nothing against Weston Dressler and Ryan Smith but how good would someone like Arceneaux or Zylstra look in blue and gold? Too bad Gurly didn't work out. Had high hopes for that big guy.

Not jealous of Jennings. The Lions can have him. Good luck to Kenny Stafford trying to crack the lineup in Edmonton.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

22 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Even if your house is a million the next house you want is $1.2 million so people really can't even move. They're locked in. Unless they leave & go live somewhere other than the Lower Mainland. Ever watch Love it or List It Vancouver? Where the hell do people get the money??? Oh yeah, our reno budget is $250,000 & our budget for a new house is $3.5 million. Crazy First World Problems.

People get the money from having bought houses years ago and having the equity from the prices sky rocketing. If you didn't have a house prior though good luck. My wife bought a small condo almost 6 years ago when she was living there and that thing is ridiculously priced considering it's size and it's gone up a bunch in the time since too.