Around the League - Training Camp Discussion

10 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I know we'd be in tough to swoon Woods away from TO given their front office and history with him. I think Jim Bender tweeted it perfectly imo

Woods would be that guy to me

It would be nice yeah. But you don't develop an experienced player until you give him experience.

9 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

It would be nice yeah. But you don't develop an experienced player until you give him experience.

I'd be a lot more comfortable if Knox/Temple had some starting experience.  I like how the Stamps do it.... bring in a vet and cut him if the rookie is better, ala MLBs Reed and Singleton last year.

I think it's just a situation where maybe it's too late for the Bombers to just switch gears. They've had a plan for awhile, and now a day into TC it's pretty tough to just switch it up and change everything. Whether right or wrong, I think they're going to stay the course they've been on all off-season...

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I think it's just a situation where maybe it's too late for the Bombers to just switch gears. They've had a plan for awhile, and now a day into TC it's pretty tough to just switch it up and change everything. Whether right or wrong, I think they're going to stay the course they've been on all off-season...

This wouldn't surprise me, or disappoint me. I've been pretty excited to see Knox out there. Wouldn't mind seeing Woods, but Walters/Oshea seem to know what they're doing.

RT .@AdamStephens82

@Dave_CHED Cory Greenwood leaving on a cart does not look promising. #CFL #Esks #CFLTC

CFL News

-After announcing his retirement today, Moton Hopkins will stay with the REDBLACKS as an assistant coach. #CFL #Redblacks

3Downnation

Chapdelaine disagrees with way GM Reed handled Woods situation  3downnation.com/2017/05/29/cha… #CFL #LCF #AlsMTL via @joeyalfieri

"I had a discussion with Kavis and we had a good, honest conversation. We both agreed that this decision should have been made before training camp. Unfortunately, things weren’t done that way. I accepted the decision because, in the end, business decisions are made by Kavis. Do I agree with the way it was done? I’d like for us to do it in a different way next time, just out of respect for the player.”

CFL News  - -"There was no attempt to trade him (@TheBEAR45)." - Kavis Reed. #CFL #AlsMTL via @MTLAlouettes

Edited by Mr Dee

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Perhaps this is ratio related, I don't see any familiar names on the Als roster that would shout "Woods replacement".

This is their current LB crew.

Chris Ackie (N)

Nicolas Boulay (N)

Chip Cox (I)

Kyries Hebert (I)

Tabari McGaskey (I)

Frederic Plesius (N)

Anthony Sarao (I)

They are apparently high on Sarao.

I would have also like Venable back in FA as i thought Montreal had one of the best LB corps in the league. But the argos grabbed him. I'd hate for them to grab woods too despite how likely it will be for them. I'm still hoping we at least make an inquiry. Woods at MLB potentially gives us one of the best D's in the league.

Fredrick/Johnson/Loffler/Heath/Randle

Wild/Woods/Leggett

Westerman/Nevis/Thomas/Okpalaugo

dare to dream....