Around the League - Training Camp Discussion

Just now, Ripper said:

So 3 different Riders fans then speak for the fan base? 

plus 87% of people who took a poll..

pretty decent sample size.  3 random fans, all on the same "re-sign him" kick..

but hey, keep on spinnin' those tires.

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Ripper, I like you. You come here and you take your lumps and you manage to be more than tolerable, which is waaaay more than I can say for most other Rider fans.

But I've seen this story before. Lots.

Letting go of Durant wasn't the mistake. Letting go of him this year was. If Jones was going to cast off Durant without a proper replacement, he should've done it right from the get go year one. This is going to be the second year wasted because of that decision.

Your defense might be great. I have my doubts, but one never really knows. That being said, I've seen a lot of great Bomber defenses on 6-12 or 7-11 teams because they didn't have a QB. And you don't have a QB.

And that about sums it up.

5 hours ago, Ripper said:

This is total BS comment and not true. Say what you want about the riders but you don't have to make stuff up.

You do realize that the word giddy means more than just using the word before the word "up" don't you.

From your own site...

Would you support the Riders bringing Justin Cox back to the team?

Yesterday, 05:28 PM

Yes85.07%

And then you read the comments in the Cox thread...yes giddy, and I'm being polite.

43 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Hope DD is ok and gets back on the field. I am glad our season isn't hanging in the balance anymore. Saw that movie...  Twice

You're right it's not in the balance.... you have no Durant at all period and no Kevin Glenn isn't going to be the saviour. He didn't do crap in Montreal last year, guy is just about done and there is a reason he's been the backup most places lately. Durant was the franchise in Saskatchewan, he was there and playing they won he wasn't playing and they were an embarrassment, it truly does blow my mind that Rider fans are so willing to accept moving Durant in favour of Kevin Glenn, Vince Young and a bunch of young qbs. We've seen this movie in the CFL before and it's a recipe for disaster. 

25 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

He didn't do crap in Montreal last year, guy is just about done and there is a reason he's been the backup most places lately.  

2015.  Glenn 241/game average . 2016 Glenn 283/game average.   2015 Nichols 219/ game average. 2016 244/ game average.

I've heard this twice today from you guys. Look at the numbers and tell me Nichols is night and day better.

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Nichols is night and day better.......numbers be damned.

Nichols did a great job last year not turning the ball over and playing within himself. No question about it. But Matt has had his troubles with untimely INT's in his career, in fact that's what made him expendable in Edmonton. I like where the Bombers are at and am happy for you guys, but to say Nichols is night and day better that Glenn is simply not true and the numbers show it. if the 2016 Nichols shows up you will have a good season

8 minutes ago, Ripper said:

2015.  Glenn 241/game average . 2016 Glenn 283/game average.   2015 Nichols 219/ game average. 2016 244/ game average.

I've heard this twice today from you guys. Look at the numbers and tell me Nichols is night and day better.

If Glenn is better why didn't he start here?

2 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

If Glenn is better why didn't he start here?

First of all I never said he was better. Second of all he came in mid-season and didn't know the offense. I'm not the one insisting anyone is better than anyone. I see them fairly equal in my mind

4 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Nichols did a great job last year not turning the ball over and playing within himself. No question about it. But Matt has had his troubles with untimely INT's in his career, in fact that's what made him expendable in Edmonton. I like where the Bombers are at and am happy for you guys, but to say Nichols is night and day better that Glenn is simply not true and the numbers show it. if the 2016 Nichols shows up you will have a good season

What made him expendable in Edmonton was James Franklin.

12 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Average yards per game is your measuring stick to determine the better QB...?

pvXCtP5.gif

Comprehensive football knowledge be damned, eh.

17 minutes ago, Ripper said:

YPG isnt a good metric to judge a qb by on a bad team. You get behind and suddenly the run play goes out the window. 

Glenn had flashes last year. When he plays, with those WRs i think we will do well. How ever the chances he can stay healthy for 12 or more games is very slim. With out glenn the riders go from an entertaining offense keeping them in games to right back in the toilet. 

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

You are trying to appear balanced yet the context is peppered with fear of Bomber success. You want to hang Nichols with past performance issues. He has overcome the issues and learned how to be successful. He wins more than than Glenn. Glenn can't get better and is in decline. 

I can see it in your eyes, you are nervous. Very, very nervous. 

1 hour ago, Rod Black said:

You are trying to appear balanced yet the context is peppered with fear of Bomber success. You want to hang Nichols with past performance issues. He has overcome the issues and learned how to be successful. He wins more than than Glenn. Glenn can't get better and is in decline. 

I can see it in your eyes, you are nervous. Very, very nervous. 

I like the Bombers so that's out the window. I hope you do well and I follow the team as close as most people who are fans. I have no fear of success. What the Bombers do has nothing to do with whether the Riders are better are not