Bomber forum

1 hour ago, sweep the leg said:

Maybe if you had told him that more often he'd still be here.

Same tune as "baby come back"

♫Gbill come back, any kind of fool could see♫
There was something, in everything about you
Gbill come back,  need your training camp re-ports?
     ♬  mbb was wrong, and we just can't live without you....?

Edited by Mark F

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Oh he went to practices I thought, I always found that he just had no clue what he was looking at and made all these claims that ran contrary to what everyone else was seeing. 

Seems there are fans that just like to watch but don't know much about the game itself. Then there are other fans who are knowledgeable & know what they are looking at. The former shouldn't be making TC reports.

11 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Seems there are fans that just like to watch but don't know much about the game itself. Then there are other fans who are knowledgeable & know what they are looking at. The former shouldn't be making TC reports.

Actually if you want professional reviews read a sports column. I enjoy any report from any fan that takes the time to go and then fill us in. Are they wrong? Many times yes but as always its just their opinion and I enjoy any info on bombercamp I can get. The off-season is just too DAMN long.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I enjoy it too but if the person doing the reporting is so far out to lunch that people laugh at him then why bother?

Actually, no one laughed at GBill's TC camp reports.

Mike was talking about sending someone from MBB... then GBill said 'hey i'll go if you pay my expenses' or something

Then Mike and 17to85 jumped all over him for thinking he was 'special'... when in reality, no one else was going to go to TC... 

GBIll started getting backed into a corner... then a few other guys crawled out of their cave... 

And then MBB never sent anyone to camp... 

Now GBill is constantly hammered on here for 'acting like we owed him something'... when this whole idea was only planted by Mike.

Again, bizarre.

14 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Mike was talking about sending someone from MBB... then GBill said 'hey i'll go if you pay my expenses' or something 

What?? GBill went to TCs on his own, posted reports on here of his own accord, and then started complaining that people didn't thank him for it. Nobody, to my knowledge, ever asked him to do anything. He was roundly, and rightly, mocked for demanding thanks for his reports. The arrogance... 

19 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Then Mike and 17to85 jumped all over him for thinking he was 'special'... when in reality, no one else was going to go to TC... 

GBIll started getting backed into a corner... then a few other guys crawled out of their cave... 

Now GBill is constantly hammered on here for 'acting like we owed him something'... when this whole idea was only planted by Mike.

Again, bizarre.

This thread needs to be dug up. I don't remember any of this.

7 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

I don't either.

I remember someone asking what happened to gbill and the answer from someone, was that by mutual agreement, gbill left. No explanation given why.

The person that I remember was posting training camp reports without having been there, was tuscaloosa blue. one of the all time greats, who called a meeting in "chat", and many people went. :D

I honestly think a lot of those remarks, possibly even the entire thread, have since been deleted. I distinctly remember using the word 'schlemiel' in that thread, but that word exists nowhere in my own personal comment history. So... gbill's disappearance may have to remain the stuff of legend... like a downtrodden Amelia Earhart.

I seem to recall the conversation went something like this:

Like the time I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for m'shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Gimme five bees for a quarter," you'd say. Now where were we... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. I didn't have any white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

9 hours ago, Floyd said:

Again, bizarre.

You're more than entitled to your opinion and if you want to believe that's what happened, all the power to you.

1 hour ago, MOBomberFan said:

I honestly think a lot of those remarks, possibly even the entire thread, have since been deleted. I distinctly remember using the word 'schlemiel' in that thread, but that word exists nowhere in my own personal comment history. So... gbill's disappearance may have to remain the stuff of legend... like a downtrodden Amelia Earhart.

Wrong. You used the word "schlemiels".

What is wrong with you that you couldn't even remember that? :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

I went back and looked at the thread. I definitely did jump all over Gbill - let's take a look back at this reckless display of unwarranted aggression:

Do it because you enjoy it, not because you want approval from others. FWIW, I enjoy the information you provided last training camp.

Gbill we all appreciate your reports but quite truthfully, the reason you get ribbed about it is because you've kind of proven you can't take a joke. Passing along what you saw at camp last year was awesome, but it is admittedly humorous to see you take all the ribbing you get so seriously. If you just brushed off even 50% of the stuff that you overreact to and took it for the joke it's meant to be, I'm sure people would probably stop ribbing you.

It's all in good fun though man, it's just the internet.

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

I don't either.

I remember someone asking what happened to gbill and the answer from someone, was that by mutual agreement, gbill left. No explanation given why.

The person that I remember was posting training camp reports without having been there, was tuscaloosa blue. one of the all time greats, who called a meeting in "chat", and many people went. :D

That guy was a true  legend... I remember laughing so hard at his obviously fake TC reports... the best was to call him out on stuff and what his reaction...

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

I seem to recall the conversation went something like this:

Like the time I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for m'shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Gimme five bees for a quarter," you'd say. Now where were we... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. I didn't have any white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

1000 likes please... I was almost crying reading this Grampa Simpson story...