Bomber forum

3 hours ago, Mike said:

You're more than entitled to your opinion and if you want to believe that's what happened, all the power to you.

Here's the whole thread, I found it too...

One of many threads that started fine and then just drifts into junior high... ha

So Mike I apologize for saying you started it... but you have a way of taking things, twisting and escalating them then sitting back and acting like you're butthurt...  you do it less now - mostly just over at TEP - which is good for this forum.  

You have to admit you were going after GBill pretty hard for some time on this forum before that thread...  and still are at TEP

GBill asked for half his expenses (not all, I was wrong) then everyone did jump on him, he took the bait...  then you planned an MBB night and 'joked' about not inviting him... 

Maybe I wouldn't feel bad for him if his profile pic wasn't Drew Willy's 'deer in the headlights' look... who knows.

All I know is that TC reports on MBB last season were pretty sparse.

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

wow, it looks so.... exactly the same...

I am already missing the people who flowed here when that site was down. most gone already. sniff.?

Probably couldn't take the amount of often very funny gifs that many of us like to post here.

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

I started it

Lol, I just read the thread and it was you who started it.

I only had one post in that thread and it was to talk football, which shows that I'm a better person than those of you who piled on the poor guy. I'm also a poor evaluator of football talent, as I had Don Unamba pegged as our starting sam.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

One of many threads that started fine and then just drifts into junior high... ha

So Mike I apologize for saying you started it... but you have a way of taking things, twisting and escalating them then sitting back and acting like you're butthurt...  you do it less now - mostly just over at TEP - which is good for this forum.  

You have to admit you were going after GBill pretty hard for some time on this forum before that thread...  and still are at TEP

GBill asked for half his expenses (not all, I was wrong) then everyone did jump on him, he took the bait...  then you planned an MBB night and 'joked' about not inviting him... 

Maybe I wouldn't feel bad for him if his profile pic wasn't Drew Willy's 'deer in the headlights' look... who knows.

All I know is that TC reports on MBB last season were pretty sparse.

I "planned" a meetup night and joked about not inviting him? It's funny how you can still read the thread and get it wrong. I never made a joke about not inviting anybody. I made an off-hand comment about how it'd be a cool idea. It would be a cool idea. I've met quite a few people from this community before and they're all really good guys. Hell, now that I think about it, I went to a member's wedding last summer. I've been on vacation with guys I've met through this community. Lots of friendships built from this place. Plus, I want to find out if MOBomberFan is as weird as I think he is. ;)

I'm not going to lie to you and tell you that I didn't needle Garrett. Of course I did. If you knew half as much as you think you do about the guy, you'd understand why entirely. You can take his side all you want, that's your prerogative. I think what he has contributed in the past has been awesome. I really enjoyed the camp reports that he puts together and I do agree that if all things were equal, I'd rather have his reports here than not. But what we can't have is the other stuff. The other stuff is why Garrett is no longer here. Without going into detail about it, literally all he had to do to remain welcome here was agree to stop insulting staff members. Pretty much as low as you can go as far as expectations go, especially when you consider he was far and away the most high maintenance member we had from a staff point of view.

24 minutes ago, Mike said:

I "planned" a meetup night and joked about not inviting him? It's funny how you can still read the thread and get it wrong. I never made a joke about not inviting anybody. I made an off-hand comment about how it'd be a cool idea. It would be a cool idea. I've met quite a few people from this community before and they're all really good guys. Hell, now that I think about it, I went to a member's wedding last summer. I've been on vacation with guys I've met through this community. Lots of friendships built from this place. Plus, I want to find out if MOBomberFan is as weird as I think he is. ;)

I'm not going to lie to you and tell you that I didn't needle Garrett. Of course I did. If you knew half as much as you think you do about the guy, you'd understand why entirely. You can take his side all you want, that's your prerogative. I think what he has contributed in the past has been awesome. I really enjoyed the camp reports that he puts together and I do agree that if all things were equal, I'd rather have his reports here than not. But what we can't have is the other stuff. The other stuff is why Garrett is no longer here. Without going into detail about it, literally all he had to do to remain welcome here was agree to stop insulting staff members. Pretty much as low as you can go as far as expectations go, especially when you consider he was far and away the most high maintenance member we had from a staff point of view.

Sorry dude, this is exactly what bothers me about your posts... its this weird passive-aggressive thing

I've never said anything for or against GBill other than he provided TC updates.  I mean the guy accused me of cheating on a free football pool with no actual prize at the end... ha - I can see how the high maintenance thing can be there...

If all you wanted him to do was 'remain calm' and this is all on him, then why do always you engage him in this passive-aggressive way and why do you continue at TEP?  

Face it man, its your 'thing'.  You egg people on and then throw up your hands.

10 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Sorry dude, this is exactly what bothers me about your posts... its this weird passive-aggressive thing

I've never said anything for or against GBill other than he provided TC updates.  I mean the guy accused me of cheating on a free football pool with no actual prize at the end... ha - I can see how the high maintenance thing can be there...

If all you wanted him to do was 'remain calm' and this is all on him, then why do always you engage him in this passive-aggressive way and why do you continue at TEP?  

Face it man, its your 'thing'.  You egg people on and then throw up your hands.

I'm still a bit confused as to why you're so invested in this, other than it gives you an excuse to take a run at me. Odd, because that's exactly what you're criticizing me for doing to Garrett.

All I'm doing here is addressing the mistakes you've made on this. You said I jumped all over him, I posted the thread showing you I did not. You then said I made a joke about excluding him from an event, I pointed out I did not.

I didn't say all he needed to do was remain calm. I'm sure you've been here long enough to know "calm" is not really a descriptive word for the way we ask people to act around here. There's a LOT of leash that gets given out around here, especially when you compare it to other forums out there. A better way to put it would be that we asked him to stop causing us so much work because he's not able to come to grips with the idea that we're not "out to get him". You want another example of the headache that he caused some of our staff? He literally accused us of deleting a post of his, then when we checked our moderator logs to see what happened, we explained to him that he'd actually deleted it himself (presumably by accident) and he cried conspiracy. He also refused to speak to roughly 47.2% of our staff and would only respond to one or two members when they reached out to him to ask about his behavior. Why should volunteers have to put up with that nonsense? Sad thing is, that's nowhere near the worst of it.

I have to admit though, I am getting a bit of a chuckle out of your efforts to egg me on today. Either you're unable to notice the similarities between what you're doing and what you are criticizing me for doing or you're doing some grade A trolling. Well done, whichever it is.

GBill's problem summarized in one response he made in that thread...

I most certainly enjoy it and I enjoy passing what I'm seeing onto others who are as passionate about the Bombers as I am. I planned on doing the same again this year. But there were two posters in a row here quite strongly saying they don't like them.

There were not two posters saying they don't like them.  There was one who joked about there being a better alternative to send to camp and another who pretty much LOL'd with words.  

I also find it amusing when one poster (constantly) complains about another, then proceeds to be just as active a member as they were previously. That tells me it's likely not as big a deal as it's being made to seem.  Moreso it makes it seem all personal between each other, and that's what we've got here.

I mean out of the 2 in question, I know which I find more condescending & aggressive....and it's not the guy with the Bomber in his avi. 

1 minute ago, Mike said:

I'm still a bit confused as to why you're so invested in this, other than it gives you an excuse to take a run at me. Odd, because that's exactly what you're criticizing me for doing to Garrett.

All I'm doing here is addressing the mistakes you've made on this. You said I jumped all over him, I posted the thread showing you I did not. You then said I made a joke about excluding him from an event, I pointed out I did not.

I didn't say all he needed to do was remain calm. I'm sure you've been here long enough to know "calm" is not really a descriptive word for the way we ask people to act around here. There's a LOT of leash that gets given out around here, especially when you compare it to other forums out there. A better way to put it would be that we asked him to stop causing us so much work because he's not able to come to grips with the idea that we're not "out to get him". You want another example of the headache that he caused some of our staff? He literally accused us of deleting a post of his, then when we checked our moderator logs to see what happened, we explained to him that he'd actually deleted it himself (presumably by accident) and he cried conspiracy. Why should volunteers have to put up with that nonsense? Sad thing is, that's nowhere near the worst of it.

I have to admit though, I am getting a bit of a chuckle out of your efforts to egg me on today. Either you're unable to notice the similarities between what you're doing and what you are criticizing me for doing or you're doing some grade A trolling. Well done, whichever it is.

Ah, I should have specified that I wasn't singling you out about the MBB meet up...  didn't realize that you thought I was just talking about you.  Sorry.

I feel our run-ins have helped make you a better person over the years.  This makes me happy inside.  You still have some challenges but we're a long way from the old Mike.  Kudos.

But seriously, if you're worried about mods and volunteers, why are you still engaging GBill on TEP... ?  I mean take a quick look at that Garrett Waggoner thread... both you an GBill are just talking ****...  both claiming inside info with nothing to back it up.

You start an argument - get it all twisted - and then someone else shows up and jumps on GBill or whoever and says why are you arguing about this...  I'm just trying to help you move beyond this.

Just now, Floyd said:

Ah, I should have specified that I wasn't singling you out about the MBB meet up...  didn't realize that you thought I was just talking about you.  Sorry.

I feel our run-ins have helped make you a better person over the years.  This makes me happy inside.  You still have some challenges but we're a long way from the old Mike.  Kudos.

But seriously, if you're worried about mods and volunteers, why are you still engaging GBill on TEP... ?  I mean take a quick look at that Garrett Waggoner thread... both you an GBill are just talking ****...  both claiming inside info with nothing to back it up.

You start an argument - get it all twisted - and then someone else shows up and jumps on GBill or whoever and says why are you arguing about this...  I'm just trying to help you move beyond this.

very dr.phil of you..

now its mikes turn to say "cash me owwside howbowdah?"

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I just so happen to know two things when it comes to the Waggoner thread

1) I know a concussion is not why he retired

2) I know it really irks many, many players when media, fans, public forums, Twitterheads or anybody else speculates about their health and well-being, especially as it relates to a decision like retirement

I'm not asking anybody to believe me. It doesn't really matter to me one way or another. But I put that info out there for those who want to take it at face value. For the rest ... that's cool too.

1 hour ago, sweep the leg said:

Lol, I just read the thread and it was you who started it.

I only had one post in that thread and it was to talk football, which shows that I'm a better person than those of you who piled on the poor guy. I'm also a poor evaluator of football talent, as I had Don Unamba pegged as our starting sam.

He isn't?

Sonofa...

1 minute ago, Mike said:

I just so happen to know two things when it comes to the Waggoner thread

1) I know a concussion is not why he retired

2) I know it really irks many, many players when media, fans, public forums, Twitterheads or anybody else speculates about their health and well-being, especially as it relates to a decision like retirement

I'm not asking anybody to believe me. It doesn't really matter to me one way or another. But I put that info out there for those who want to take it at face value. For the rest ... that's cool too.

Fair question then... do you actually have a source to confirm that the concussion has nothing to do with his retirement (yes I know there is a startup company) and that he told Walters about this decision before the draft?

Or is this just your opinion that you're stating as fact... something that you completely light up other posters, myself included, for doing?

3 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Fair question then... do you actually have a source to confirm that the concussion has nothing to do with his retirement (yes I know there is a startup company) and that he told Walters about this decision before the draft?

Or is this just your opinion that you're stating as fact... something that you completely light up other posters, myself included, for doing?

Didn't you just complain about Mike being passive aggressive too much?