Ourbombers.com

I don't know any of you personally here or at the other site, so this is a sincere question:

The pair in the west side upper deck wearing jerseys with OURBOMBERS.COM nameplates on their jerseys, were they part of the ownership group or did they win jerseys from the other site?

18 hours ago, Noeller said:

@17to85?? 

No, it was some guy in BC. He worked in construction. Always bragging about how much money he made, how much his RRSP's were worth & how he hated paying taxes yet he supported the NDP which is truly a political oxymoron. If someone told him to shut up, he'd demand to know how much money they made. He was really obnoxious.

26 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No, it was some guy in BC. He worked in construction. Always bragging about how much money he made, how much his RRSP's were worth & how he hated paying taxes yet he supported the NDP which is truly a political oxymoron. If someone told him to shut up, he'd demand to know how much money they made. He was really obnoxious.

NewEarthMud?

On 5/27/2017 at 3:55 PM, TBURGESS said:

Lets try a Winnipeg type, in person, example:  You don't go to a friends social and make an announcement to invite folks to your social instead. I'm betting you'd be thrown out if you tried . You don't then complain about the guy who set up the social because they didn't give you an easy way to contact the people who weren't there when you make the original announcement.  That's just whining after being wrong in the first place.

I don't particularly want to join this argument but I feel like your analogy is inaccurate... more accurately it would be (assuming this was capable of being done all within the night of a social): 75% of the people at the social want Alexander Keith's beer... but this social only has Bud Light and they refuse to buy AK... so a conversation like this goes down: 

"man this social is OK, but I really would like some AK"

"hey, I heard some people are leaving b/c another social has AK and not BL"

"cool, where is this social?"

"oh it's at ************* and it's for Joe ***** and Lisa ********"

Note: we're also in a futuristic society where people's voices can be censored mid-conversation....

I get your point and I would agree if they were actively promoting it and posting ads on the site and such... 

On 5/27/2017 at 3:55 PM, TBURGESS said:

Lets try a Winnipeg type, in person, example:  You don't go to a friends social and make an announcement to invite folks to your social instead. I'm betting you'd be thrown out if you tried . You don't then complain about the guy who set up the social because they didn't give you an easy way to contact the people who weren't there when you make the original announcement.  That's just whining after being wrong in the first place.

0*8ZSLIk4gAAwkYyG5.jpg

Edited by Logan007

56 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I don't particularly want to join this argument but I feel like your analogy is inaccurate... more accurately it would be (assuming this was capable of being done all within the night of a social): 75% of the people at the social want Alexander Keith's beer... but this social only has Bud Light and they refuse to buy AK... so a conversation like this goes down: 

"man this social is OK, but I really would like some AK"

"hey, I heard some people are leaving b/c another social has AK and not BL"

"cool, where is this social?"

"oh it's at ************* and it's for Joe ***** and Lisa ********"

Note: we're also in a futuristic society where people's voices can be censored mid-conversation....

I get your point and I would agree if they were actively promoting it and posting ads on the site and such... 

I don't see ads, so I don't know if they bought any, but I'd doubt it. They made a post inviting everyone to their new site. That's how I and many others found out about this site and what had been going on in the background in the first place. That post was deleted, but the conversation was started and ended up in other threads. That's how a lot more folks found out about the new site. Colin made the new site name turn into *'s. That lead to folks PM'ing the new site owners, who hadn't been banned from the old site. So yes... they were actively promoting the new site on the old site.

5 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I don't see ads, so I don't know if they bought any, but I'd doubt it. They made a post inviting everyone to their new site. That's how I and many others found out about this site and what had been going on in the background in the first place. That post was deleted, but the conversation was started and ended up in other threads. That's how a lot more folks found out about the new site. Colin made the new site name turn into *'s. That lead to folks PM'ing the new site owners, who hadn't been banned from the old site. So yes... they were actively promoting the new site on the old site.

Curious to hear what you think the alternative would've been.

Then again, I suppose I'm really not all that curious because as I've already said, you're just running your mouth without knowing all of the facts. There's lots more that went on than you know. So if you want to paint us in an unflattering light, go right ahead but it's not really at all accurate.

3 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I think Bluto texted me, something along the lines of "check out a new alternative to OB".  I was so angry at Shankman at the time I would have moved pretty much anywhere, even to Riderfans if enough other Bomber fans were also moving.  Over-modding really killed that site, as well as a refusal to upgrade to new technology, in my view.

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I think Bluto texted me, something along the lines of "check out a new alternative to OB".  I was so angry at Shankman at the time I would have moved pretty much anywhere, even to Riderfans if enough other Bomber fans were also moving.  Over-modding really killed that site, as well as a refusal to upgrade to new technology, in my view.

Gotta be revisionist history, since Shankman wasn't a moderator at that time.

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

Gotta be revisionist history, since Shankman wasn't a moderator at that time.

it must have been pretty close. I know it took me a while to come over here from OB due to a sense of loyalty after all the years, but Shankman was certainly a driving force in making that decision eventually.  I'm guessing some of the mod's over there also came over here and created some vacancies

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

1 minute ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

it must have been pretty close. I know it took me a while to come over here from OB due to a sense of loyalty after all the years, but Shankman was certainly a driving force in making that decision eventually.  I'm guessing some of the mod's over there also came over here and created some vacancies

Every single active staff member moved from OB over here at launch. We formed the site together as a group.

Shankman became a mod over there after the split, as did I... not that I actually did any modding! :lol:.

I wasn't included on any PM's & didn't see a thread promoting this site (not saying there wasn't one - i just didn't see it).  I can't remember exactly how I found out about this place but it definitely wasn't on OB.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Every single active staff member moved from OB over here at launch. We formed the site together as a group.

right and those vacancies paved the way for shankman and his trigger happy ban hammer shortly after. He might not have become a mod the day MBB launched but it was close, and I think that's what KBF is saying, Shankman played a big role in that decision, which I think holds true for a lot of people. The guy may be equally as responsible for the final nail in the OB coffin as he turned off most of the remaining posters

52 minutes ago, Mike said:

Curious to hear what you think the alternative would've been.

Then again, I suppose I'm really not all that curious because as I've already said, you're just running your mouth without knowing all of the facts. There's lots more that went on than you know. So if you want to paint us in an unflattering light, go right ahead but it's not really at all accurate.

Your just justifying your actions by arguing that the ends justify the means and saying what else could we have done. I've already told you the alternatives were to advertise, use social media and email to promote your new site. You staged a coup. You won. Those are the facts' that matter. 

When I was a Realtor, I'm sure I'd have been called before the ethics committee if I went to another Realtors site and tried to take their members, even if I had problems with the other realtor, my new site was way better and just what everyone wanted. I certainly wouldn't complain about how they did me wrong by blocking my new site name. That and being banned would be  expected parts of staging a coup.

Edited by TBURGESS

50 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Shankman & road griller brought me here... I couldn't stand those guys. They were annoying.

39 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Your just justifying your actions by arguing that the ends justify the means and saying what else could we have done. I've already told you the alternatives were to advertise, use social media and email to promote your new site. You staged a coup. You won. Those are the facts' that matter. 

When I was a Realtor, I'm sure I'd have been called before the ethics committee if I went to another Realtors site and tried to take their members, even if I had problems with the other realtor, my new site was way better and just what everyone wanted. I certainly wouldn't complain about how they did me wrong by blocking my new site name. That and being banned would be  expected parts of staging a coup.

As a realtor did you ever leave your business cards in houses that other people were selling? Cause I see realtors do that all the time and it seems a more appropriate comparison than the one you're trying to make...

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

As a realtor did you ever leave your business cards in houses that other people were selling? Cause I see realtors do that all the time and it seems a more appropriate comparison than the one you're trying to make...

I've checked payphones and ashtrays even though there's clearly a dude already sitting on the curb with a cardboard sign.