Ourbombers.com

41 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I signed up because it was a new site to talk Bombers. Simple as that. That doesn't mean I didn't think it was a crap move in the first place. I've got lots of posts because folks like to argue with me and I have a different opinions than lots folks around here. 

For Example:

17 said on page 4 of this thread... "and then once people left Colin made the address of this place censored for everyone, even in PMs, cause I remember trying to PM someone the address to this place and they just got a bunch of stars. 

Bottom line is Colin was an egotist and couldn't handle not being THE Bomber internet message board guru. " That's the 1st post in this thread that I replied to. Without it, were about 4 pages shorter and a bunch of posts less on this thread.

I get that you've talked yourself into the idea that you did the right things for the right reasons and don't like being called out on doing it in crappy manner. It wasn't simply 'Where'd everyone go?'. It was an coup organized by the OB mods. What did you expect Colin to do? Nicely ask you to stop butthurtin him or just ask when your going to be done?

are you confused? Do you think I had anything to do with this place? I simply came here to talk football with the people who knew what was up, I also kept perusing ourbombers afterwards too because more football talk is always good and I was just trying to tell people where everyone went. I had no stake in anything, I was just conversing with people on these sites as one does. That's the whole reason they exist. 

All I am pointing out is that Colin got his poor widdle feelings hurt. 

40 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

My 4 year anniversary too.  At least that's what my profile says, hope that's not "revisionist history", LOL.  I guess we both got the same inbox at the same time and joined on the same day.

Me too, apparently. Is that legit, or did we all need to sign back up after a redesign or something? I can't remember...

I think it was Raydawg that gave me the heads up about this place.

I was mostly a lurker on OB. Started on TEP and now use both MBB and TEP often.

In terms of unethical, I'm not sure why it matters. Honestly MBB creators I wouldn't even bother defending yourself. That claim is absurd and laughable. It's the internet, unethical/ethical doesn't really exist in it. You can think that's stupid or horrible or blah blah blah. But the internet doesn't give a **** about you.

56 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

. It was an coup organized by the OB mods.

A coup is when you over-throw the current president/leader and take over the country.  That didn't happen here.  To stay in the same metaphorical ballpark, MBB's creation would be akin to a bunch of people being sick and tired of their current country, leaving, and forming a new country, and then accepting immigrants like me who wanted a chance for a better life, free from moderator oppression.  That's how I see it. 

Edited by kelownabomberfan

11 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

here's a question - where is Raydawg these days?

Doesn't do the whole forum thing anymore, but he's around. Just put his $100 on the Bombers to win the Cup this morning, actually. :lol:

We're going to be in Regina for the season opener if anyone wants to drink a beer or thirty with us.

3 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

A coup is when you over-throw the current president/leader and take over the country.  That didn't happen here.  To stay in the same metaphorical ballpark, MBB's creation would be akin to a bunch of people being sick and tired of their current country, leaving, and forming a new country, and then accepting immigrants like me who wanted a chance for a better life, free from moderator oppression.  That's how I see it. 

Well, I never saw the 20 acres.....but I have seen some mules, anyways.

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

Doesn't do the whole forum thing anymore, but he's around. Just put his $100 on the Bombers to win the Cup this morning, actually. :lol:

We're going to be in Regina for the season opener if anyone wants to drink a beer or thirty with us.

Was able to get Labour Day tickets but could not get any for those.

5 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

defection would be the proper term vs coup if anything. But with or without this site, there were other bomber sites as well. Members still made the conscious decision to leave and not return. Some tried to juggle both, but the quality of post(er)s at OB drastically reduced and people stopped going there.  

If anything, if OB had any intent to lure back their members they would have done so via upgrades and turfing shankman,  but in the end it was just left to die

57 minutes ago, Mike said:

Currently looking for people to go with, Most of my friends are not big CFL fans so i'll have to convince them with the party aspect. Would like to meet with some of the posters from here.

9 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

Currently looking for people to go with, Most of my friends are not big CFL fans so i'll have to convince them with the party aspect. Would like to meet with some of the posters from here.

Used to have the Big Blue Booster Crew LDC thing but i don't know if that still exists. I'd be interested in something like that again, but not necessarily to Regina again,  change it up and try new stadiums annually, especially with all the new ones and redone ones.  I suppose checking out NMS would be something, but then you still gotta spend time in stinktown and be around it's locals

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

6 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Used to have the Big Blue Booster Crew LDC thing but i don't know if that still exists. I'd be interested in something like that again, but not necessarily to Regina again,  change it up and try new stadiums annually, especially with all the new ones and redone ones.  I suppose checking out NMS would be something, but then you still gotta spend time in stinktown and be around it's locals

I don't think it operates anymore, our crew was usually making up about 70% of their attendance annually and we kind of just came to the realization that we can do it for about half the price if we plan it ourselves. :unsure:

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

I don't think it operates anymore, our crew was usually making up about 70% of their attendance annually and we kind of just came to the realization that we can do it for about half the price if we plan it ourselves. :unsure:

Makes sense. It was still nice to have it all organized tho in travel/room/ticket..etc  I wonder if attendance would have picked up with non LDC trips? I think going to places like Montreal, TO and Vancouver would have piqued my interest a little more then Regina strictly on a "things to do" beyond the game and liquor

Just now, Taynted_Fayth said:

Makes sense. It was still nice to have it all organized tho in travel/room/ticket..etc  I wonder if attendance would have picked up with non LDC trips? I think going to places like Montreal, TO and Vancouver would have piqued my interest a little more then Regina strictly on a "things to do" beyond the game and liquor

It's nice to have it organized, but one of our friends is actually an event planner and she did an awesome job recreating everything for us last year. Same bus/hotel/ticket arrangements, but we did it for a group of 52 people for about $230 a person. Basically made enough profit to cover the costs of the trip for the one or two people who planned it.

13 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I'd like to find some real Bomber fans because whenever i go to games with my friends we end up spending 90% of the game at the rum hut generally i have no idea whats even happening and having to rewatch the game on VOD  :lol:

1 minute ago, Gotmilt said:

I'd like to find some real Bomber fans because whenever i go to games with my friends we end up spending 90% of the game at the rum hut generally i have no idea whats even happening and having to rewatch the game on VOD  :lol:

Was definitely real bomber fans making that trek to LDC. I think anyone willing to pay money to spend time in regina is a trooper in my books.  last time I was in sask tho it was like $60 for a 24 of beer. ridiculous