Ourbombers.com

5 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Was definitely real bomber fans making that trek to LDC. I think anyone willing to pay money to spend time in regina is a trooper in my books.  last time I was in sask tho it was like $60 for a 24 of beer. ridiculous

Last time i went it was great, there was Bomber Jesus and we would chant Jesus every time he chugged a beer. Then there were the salty Rider fans, needless to say we still lost.

Great times tho.

47 minutes ago, Mike said:

I don't think it operates anymore, our crew was usually making up about 70% of their attendance annually and we kind of just came to the realization that we can do it for about half the price if we plan it ourselves. :unsure:

so you are saying that you planned and executed a coup on the Big Blue Booster Crew.  Interesting....

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Our Bombers is back up. Why?? Stick a fork in it.

Ya, someone read this thread and raised it from the dead LOL. The other day it was definitely just a domain hosts website, now it's got some posts by Bennie the Hitman Thompson ;)

Edited by IC Khari

14 hours ago, Mike said:

I don't think it operates anymore, our crew was usually making up about 70% of their attendance annually and we kind of just came to the realization that we can do it for about half the price if we plan it ourselves. :unsure:

Hah, that's exactly how TBBC got started as well

16 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

A coup is when you over-throw the current president/leader and take over the country.  That didn't happen here.  To stay in the same metaphorical ballpark, MBB's creation would be akin to a bunch of people being sick and tired of their current country, leaving, and forming a new country, and then accepting immigrants like me who wanted a chance for a better life, free from moderator oppression.  That's how I see it. 

this post wins the thread!

14 hours ago, Mike said:

Another coup!!!

19 hours ago, Gotmilt said:

I'd like to find some real Bomber fans because whenever i go to games with my friends we end up spending 90% of the game at the rum hut generally i have no idea whats even happening and having to rewatch the game on VOD  :lol:

You know you need to find new friends, right?

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 0:25 PM, Gotmilt said:

Family-Guy-Season-13-Episode-11-35-a80d.

Unfortunately I have lots of friends who go to the game but very few watch any of it. 

When I was in my 20's I had a group of friends who liked nothing better than to go out & drink their faces off on weekends. Great guys but they couldn't control their liquor. When I did hang with them I made sure I had my own car so I could duck out whenever I wanted to. One time, they asked me if I wanted to go to Minneapolis with them for a long weekend. One of them told me about their last trip to the Twin Cities where one of the guys passed out in the hotel elevator & was lying down inside going up & down, up & down. I figured I could get **** faced easier at home, save a lot of money & at least have a hangover the next morning in my own bed rather than in my hotel room just to do it all over again the next night as well as the  day after. I politely said no. I figured these guys went to Minneapolis a half dozen times & probably didn't see much of it either.

By the way, that guy from Winnipeg who passed out in that Minneapolis hotel elevator went on to have a hugely successful chiropractic practice in Atlanta.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

On May 29, 2017 at 4:58 PM, Gotmilt said:

I'd like to find some real Bomber fans because whenever i go to games with my friends we end up spending 90% of the game at the rum hut generally i have no idea whats even happening and having to rewatch the game on VOD  :lol:

I'm exactly in the same situation as you too. I'm definitely the biggest Bomber fan in our group of friends the others are casual fans at best who watch NFL and play fantasy football. We're always at the Rum Hut, i'm the one to remind them there's an actual game going on from time to time:D

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

I've had many tickets go to waste because I invited friends to games then last second it seemed like a better idea to them to spend the money we would at the game on about 5x more liquor and just watch the game on TV, so I've kind of given up hope on my friends coming with me to games.

I typically go with my dad or my son now, but my dad is the megatron of negatrons at games - like first penalty called and he's ready to pack up shop and go home cuz it's a lost cause.  My son on the other hand is a ticats fan so he routinely cheers against the bombers (mostly just to get under my skin) 

In more recent memory I've been taking the random date to bombers games, but having to explain everything about football to them gets a little tiring so we spend lots of time at the rum hut in and out of the stadium too

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I typically go with my dad or my son now, but my dad is the megatron of negatrons at games - like first penalty called and he's ready to pack up shop and go home cuz it's a lost cause.  

I think my dad can challenge for that belt....    many a times he has flipped out and swore so much that I slowly inch away from him out of embarrassment.    He tends to really flip out whenever small children are near by....    The best is that now that he is older he flips out instantly when a flag is thrown without even waiting to see if it's the opposing team getting the penalty.   

13 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I typically go with my dad or my son now, but my dad is the megatron of negatrons at games - like first penalty called and he's ready to pack up shop and go home cuz it's a lost cause.  My son on the other hand is a ticats fan so he routinely cheers against the bombers (mostly just to get under my skin) 

Your dad sounds like the guy beside me. It's unbearable. I switched seats this year to a different section entirely because of him.