Ourbombers.com

5 hours ago, Logan007 said:

Which one is Rich, Mike, Mark, etc...?

That geeky dweeb with the red hair in the bottom left hand corner looks familiar ... is that Russ Michna? (too obscure of an old ourbombers reference?:P)

Edited by IC Khari

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

4 yrs remember getting the email to come over here from Bluto.

and then once people left Colin made the address of this place censored for everyone, even in PMs, cause I remember trying to PM someone the address to this place and they just got a bunch of stars. 

Bottom line is Colin was an egotist and couldn't handle not being THE Bomber internet message board guru. This is the internet, you either provide something your users want or someone else will do it better and they'll move on to that. Just the way she goes. He never wanted to adapt. 

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

and then once people left Colin made the address of this place censored for everyone, even in PMs, cause I remember trying to PM someone the address to this place and they just got a bunch of stars. 

Bottom line is Colin was an egotist and couldn't handle not being THE Bomber internet message board guru. This is the internet, you either provide something your users want or someone else will do it better and they'll move on to that. Just the way she goes. He never wanted to adapt. 

So much for the sentimentality ;)

16 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Bottom line is Colin was an egotist and couldn't handle not being THE Bomber internet message board guru.. 

....Well, I didn't wanna be the one to tell it like it is.... 

And ya, I think that's how Relleon started. (ps we might've been drinking when we thought that up...) 

All this talk made me think of one guy I truly do miss, and that's Matty "Geebrr" Giesbrecht. He was on my FB for awhile but he's just dropped right off the map. Big fan of that guy... 

19 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

You guys are all talking like he doesn't have an account here and can read all of this lol.

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

....Well, I didn't wanna be the one to tell it like it is.... 

And ya, I think that's how Relleon started. (ps we might've been drinking when we thought that up...) 

All this talk made me think of one guy I truly do miss, and that's Matty "Geebrr" Giesbrecht. He was on my FB for awhile but he's just dropped right off the map. Big fan of that guy... 

I think geebrr posts regularly/semi-regularly on eskfans

26 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I don't really care if he reads it, just telling the truth and if people can't handle it then that's their problem. 

Classic 17to85.... see this could have been something you posted 15 years ago on TotalCFL or CFLZone or whatever the main site was at the time.... I respect the consistency of character

Started back in like 04 or 05 on ourbombers. My introduction to regular messageboarding with fellow bomber fans. Was even a mod for awhile (like when Mike Kelly was coach and it was crazy). Twas a great site in the day and though its time has passed, it will be fondly remembered. You know, the way, we look back at our old high schools.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Bottom line is: Using Colon's site to promote your own new site was a crap move and I wasn't the least bit surprised that he censored the new site name. You guys literally wanted to take most of his members, which eventually ended in your site replacing his.

2 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Bottom line is: Using Colon's site to promote your own new site was a crap move and I wasn't the least bit surprised that he censored the new site name. You guys literally wanted to take most of his members, which eventually ended in your site replacing his.

Classic TBURGESS speaking about something he has no idea about.

22 minutes ago, Mike said:

Classic TBURGESS speaking about something he has no idea about.

It doesn't matter what went on behind the scenes. It's a crap move to use someone's site to promote your own site that deals with the same topic. No different than stealing OurBombers members emails and sending out a blast. I doubt you'd think it was OK for some folks on this site to make their own 'better' site and advertise it here.

BTW: This in no way means you shouldn't have made up a new site if you had differences with Colin. It just means you shouldn't have used his site to 'steal' his users.

Edited by TBURGESS
BTW

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

As a person I don't think anyone...   as a site owner... I assume most people including yourself.

I think that's a pretty accurate way to describe it. Most, if not all of us have never met Colin in person. He's a facebook friend of mine & seems like a decent chap. We do chat & he's still a Jets & Bombers fan. I have no idea what happened to bring the schism with this site & OB. I do remember some harsh words were said by some here towards the guy when the break occurred especially one or two members here which I won't name as they know who they are. One member in particular who barely posts here anymore.

I never had to deal with Colin on any level other than a poster on OB. I think he kind of lost interest in OB & became like an absentee owner thinking things would go on peachy keen forever but they didn't. He has told me he regrets not being more actively involved back then. That he made a mistake. Other than that, I don't know much else. He never really discussed what happened & has kept things to himself. Others probably know more & are free to discuss it. Or not.

I just read Mike explanation & he spells it out. Again, Colin never thinking that things would change & failing to adapt. Just like Darwin's Theory of Evolution, if you don't adapt for change, you die & become extinct. Simple as that.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

5 hours ago, gcn11 said:

Was an active member at OB until 2006 when TEP was created. I left shortly after it's creation to get away from Nate. Colin was always a very nice man and I am saddened that OB is no more. Hope Colin keeps coming around the forums to share his thoughts.

Nate is just disgusting. What a sad shell of a fan he is with so much bitterness. He's so jaded that he's totally bled out. If he cut himself not one ounce of blood would come out.

5 hours ago, SPuDS said:

seconded.  I tried to stay active on both but wow did MBB really put the fork into OB.  (not purposely I'm sure but there really isn't enough room in the interwebs for 2 decent forums and one decrepit one lol)

I too hope Colin keeps active in the bomber internet community. 

Feel the same way. We have two now but 3 was unsustainable. OB lasted about 2 years longer than I thought it would.