Around The League Off Season Discussion

14 minutes ago, Floyd said:

And one more, possibly the worst, CFL.ca article to end the year... power rankings based on stadium and fanbase...

Happy New Year - looks like 2017 will be the Riders' year... <_<

http://www.cfl.ca/2016/12/27/forward-thinking-whos-in-position-to-dominate-2017/

Stadiums:

Riders A+ based on rumour and conjecture and the writer admits that he has only seen the outside in person

Edmonton B 

Ottawa - A-

BC: B

Hamilton: A-

Winnipeg: B-

Toronto: A

You can make some complaints on IGF in terms of location or parking, but once in the stadium it is a fantastic experience.  Your reasoning on why IGF is a B- is "Investors Group Field is massive and fun but will be put into perspective once the Riders move into new Mosaic."  The only bad thing you can say about it is that it won't be as good as new Mosaic, then why is Hamilton, Toronto, and Edmonton ranked above it?

3 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

BMO is a C at best don't get why people like it so much. People that whine about IGF have not set foot in other stadiums it's so superior to anything else in the country.

Of the stadiums I've been to I'd rank them

BC, Winnipeg, Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary

45 minutes ago, tracker said:

BC is too cavernous for fans to feel close to the team- even Winnipeg's stadium is on the verge of being too big.

I like it, it's nice lots of leg room. I've started going to watch there every year. Based on fan experience I'd move Ottawa to the top, was really fun to watch a game there, lots going on just around the stadium before the game. But BC is my favorite stadium to go to

The Toronto Argonauts apparently have 14 more days to decide on Drew Willy's fate. Willy is due a 100k bonus to start 2017, but Justin Dunk said it was erroneously reported to be on Jan 1st. The real date is Jan 15th. 

Jim Barker is still the GM? and it will be up to him, and the staff? to decide how far to take it. I think after the initial angst passes, the Argos and Willy-boy will agree to a re-negotiated contract. Both sides will have to do this for their own interests.

9 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

The Toronto Argonauts apparently have 14 more days to decide on Drew Willy's fate. Willy is due a 100k bonus to start 2017, but Justin Dunk said it was erroneously reported to be on Jan 1st. The real date is Jan 15th. 

Jim Barker is still the GM? and it will be up to him, and the staff? to decide how far to take it. I think after the initial angst passes, the Argos and Willy-boy will agree to a re-negotiated contract. Both sides will have to do this for their own interests.

Can Barker use the Tillman excuse for the trade?

'Look I got a bit crazy, it was my medication... **** happens.  Now, kid, how about $10k bonus instead of $100k.  I mean really you don't really think you're a starter, do you?'

10 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Good for Drew. I hope his concussions, shoulder and knee are completely healed and he has a great year and shows up his detractors. I also hope he finally gets the proper support and treatment he deserves. The way we treated him here is nothing short of disgraceful and we will come to regret it.

Drew get's his shot...great he's a class guy...not a great qb. but a decent chap...If he thought he had probs. here with our o line (last years) I don't think that things will be that much different in T.O....He is not injured now, and wasn't when we made that trade and when he started for them, he didn't look any better than we left here....Can his game change?......certainly but the injury excuse is off the table..He'll have to earn the kind of money the Argos are paying him and I doubt there's any regret here considering the assets we acquired for him.

On 12/31/2016 at 1:40 PM, Floyd said:

And one more, possibly the worst, CFL.ca article to end the year... power rankings based on stadium and fanbase...

http://www.cfl.ca/2016/12/27/forward-thinking-whos-in-position-to-dominate-2017/

Not really sure why Marshall felt the need to write this but the only thing that upset me was the fact that I can't get back the time I wasted reading it.  

Edited by WBBFanWest

4 hours ago, J5V said:

Good for Drew. I hope his concussions, shoulder and knee are completely healed and he has a great year and shows up his detractors. I also hope he finally gets the proper support and treatment he deserves. The way we treated him here is nothing short of disgraceful and we will come to regret it.

Yes, how dare us actually pay him to be a starter and then expect him to be one.  Seriously though, I think the way we treated Drew was as a professional football player.  Did he have the best o line?  No.  Did he get hit a lot?  Yes.  Was that all on the O line?  Not a chance.  If Drew is shell shocked, that's unfortunate, but if you're willing to take the big bucks, then you'd better be ready to take the hits.  Funny thing is, I've never heard Drew whine about his time here, just the odd fan.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 0:40 PM, Floyd said:

I read that. Sounds like a fantasy like Paul Wiecek would write. Hamilton ahead of us based on THF? Ottawa better based on TD Bank Stadium?? Saskatchewan ahead of us based on a crock of garbage?

Edited by SpeedFlex27

11 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

Funny thing is, I've never heard Drew whine about his time here, just the odd fan.

Don't think Drew is the type to complain in public. We don't know what he thinks about his time here, but I did hear an interview the other day in which he said he was surprised when he was traded.

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

Don't think Drew is the type to complain in public. We don't know what he thinks about his time here, but I did hear an interview the other day in which he said he was surprised when he was traded.

Hmmm.."surprised when he was traded" after the dismal performances of the prior season and a half and after his "understudy" stepped up and galvanized the team into a win streak.  That does call into question his grip on reality.

Edited by tracker