Around The League Off Season Discussion

7 hours ago, Dr. Blue said:

Lorenzo Ward, Fresno State's DC last year, made $86,892 last year. Nick Toth, the inside linebackers coach (previously DC), made $150,000

I don't think that is a whole lot different than what he would have made up here.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/assistant

Doors are wide open once a coach gets into the NCAA system. Widen contacts. 

23 hours ago, gcn11 said:

Brandon Stewart, Johnny Sears, Chris Garrett, Greg Carr, Alex Suber, TJ Harris, Kelly Butler, Andre Douglas, Moton Hopkins, Marcellus Bowman, Deon Beasley, Demond Washington, Alex Hall, Chad Simpson, Zach Anderson, JT Gilmore, Ian Wild, Taylor Reed, Jamayel Smith, Michel PontBriand, Bryant Turner, Jason Vega, Chris Matthews, Clarence Denmark, Wallace Miles

All of the above were Mack recruits, the highlighted all had or are having very good careers.

You didn't mention the other guys. There was a reason we won 3 games in 2013. 

17 minutes ago, DR. CFL said:

The bigger issue with Mack was his complete lack of scouting, recruiting, evaluating and understanding the importance of Canadian players.

Some scout, eh? He should have stuck with Bill Polian in Indy. If you can't figure that out as a CFL GM then you're some kinda stupid. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

21 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Did you know that the Argos traded TJ Heath to the Argos to obtain Drew Willy from the Argos? Great article, Jamie.

That was particularly egregious.

The Toronto Argonauts gave up T.J. Heath in a trade to pull in Drew Willy from the Toronto Argonauts.

41 minutes ago, JCon said:

What a crock...

I agree....doesn't this bozo know that the Bombers have yet to sign a qb. for next season...or is he just whistling up his arse...Walters would be all over Franklin or Durant IF we don't re-up Nichols, which is a distinct possibility..Not even a mention of that...Guess he's not that in tune with the CFL...

My guess is Barker and Milo will be back, I think Steinhauer leaving to go to the NCAA might have thrown a wrench in to the Argos plans. I think he was probably the guy they wanted, but sounds to me like Barker was never going anywhere, Milo might have been but I would doubt it now as it seems the list of available coaching options seems to be pretty non existent. 

On ‎2016‎-‎12‎-‎21 at 0:26 PM, Floyd said:

I added decent just for you...  its Christmas.

Brandon Stewart and Taylor Reed(?!) are not Mack recruits...  

I'd say you could probably cut your list in half if we're talking about top quality starters Mack recruited...  lots of guys on there started strong and faded pretty quick

According to Taylor Reed himself, he was added to our neg list in May of 2013, and then signed by the Bombers in October of 2013 and finished the year on our PR and was not re-signed by us.

You are right about Stewart, he came to us via Calgary.

Edited by gcn11

It's nice to see the Grey Cup is still relevant to a large degree..

2016 avg ??? audiences (?games)..
SuperBowl: 8.3M
GreyCup: 3.9M
StanleyCup: 2.8M
WorldSeries: 2.6M
EuroCup: 2.4M
MLSCup: 1.5M
NBAFinal: 1.2M

These numbers were supplied by Paulo Senra, CFL's director of communications.