Around The League Off Season Discussion

....I think Durant would have preferred to reach free agency where he could have made his own calls...Jones just decided his future for him UNLESS they had a talk and DD agreed...Poor return for Darian regardless....Corky is playing hard and fast with the quarterback situation in Regina and I hope it comes back to bite him in the ass...That's what you get for hiring Jonesie who has no general manager experience...I still have to laugh at the value placed on Durant...a conditional second, next year and a 4th. this year...LOL...LOL...Darian must really feel appreciated and valued today...

7 minutes ago, Stickem said:

....I think Durant would have preferred to reach free agency where he could have made his own calls...Jones just decided his future for him UNLESS they had a talk and DD agreed...Poor return for Darian regardless....Corky is playing hard and fast with the quarterback situation in Regina and I hope it comes back to bite him in the ass...That's what you get for hiring Jonesie who has no general manager experience...I still have to laugh at the value placed on Durant...a conditional second, next year and a 4th. this year...LOL...LOL...Darian must really feel appreciated and valued today...

Durant can still wait for free agency.

And for the value, it's just a few weeks of negotiating rights. What did you expect?

27 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Durant made concessions to sign with Jones last year, I'm sure he wasn't too happy to find out he would have to agree to further concessions to continue his career as a Rider this year.  Good luck to the Riders trying to attract vet. CFL F.A.'s in the future, they may not be interested.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

24 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Durant made concessions to sign with Jones last year, I'm sure he wasn't too happy to find out he would have to agree to further concessions to continue his career as a Rider this year.  Good luck to the Riders trying to attract vet. CFL F.A.'s in the future, they may not be interested.

I agree that Regina will not be viewed as a destination of great repute by any quarterback worth his salt...They have Brandon Bridge and I would bet that Nichols even crossed Jones' mind but at the price Matt is asking , I doubt there'll be anything happening there...The riders will most likely turn their attention to Franklin and hope that Hervey will bite...I would say that Jones will be put through the wringer IF a deal is being attempted with Edm....I hope we keep our interest in Franklin high and if nothing else put a deal for his services through the ceiling so Jones will have to give up the farm....Even at that, the statement that any qb. in the league now ,is not viewing that dumpster fire as a panacea for success in the near future...Franklin might/could agree to an extension of any kind with the Esks. to avoid being sent to the gulag if he thought he'd end up there....Besides Hervey is in no hurry to deal right now...especially with Jones...Right now we have our own qb. situation to handle but we have to keep our eye on the ball for sure.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Jeff Bourke cut - wonder if he would be a good depth signing for Bombers, like a mentor role/replacement for Neufeld...

Josh Bourke and that happened earlier this week (discussed elsewhere).......he's long past his best-before date. Due to retire.

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Josh Bourke and that happened earlier this week (discussed elsewhere).......he's long past his best-before date. Due to retire.

Jeff Josh whatever.  Yes his past his best-before date... but still light years better than Keeping or Neufeld.  Assuming his knee is not completely gone.

24 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Durant is a month away from being a free agent.  They dealt a 4th round pick just to talk to him.

If you believe that Montreal traded for Durant's "rights" without having any idea of whether they would be able to sign him, then you'll probably also believe that Chris Jones is a "part time travel agent specializing in spring tours of Regina to large groups of young American gentlemen that has absolutely nothing to do with football whatsoever".

35 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

If you believe that Montreal traded for Durant's "rights" without having any idea of whether they would be able to sign him, then you'll probably also believe that Chris Jones is a "part time travel agent specializing in spring tours of Regina to large groups of young American gentlemen that has absolutely nothing to do with football whatsoever".

In fairness, that is what it says on his business card.

36 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Missed my point.  Trade value is his rights, not for him signed to play in 2017.  If he had a (reasonable) contract for 2017 obviously he'd have more trade value.