Around The League Off Season Discussion

12 hours ago, coach17 said:

#BCLions Adam Bighill has agreed to a 3 year (futures) contract with #Saints. He will receive a signing bonus. @CFLonTSN #NFL

wow... good for him... never like to lose quality players to the NFL... but I wish him all the best...

The Saints really seem to be dipping into Canada a lot recently... a lot of NFL people think Delvin Breaux is a star in waiting and they're excited about the development of David Onyemata...

Leo's take a big hit with one of their big hitters heading south....With Solaluminum having been an fa till just recently, and re-signing, takes the heat off somewhat....but they still have a lesser line-up with Bighill gone...Won't be easy to replace him and with us going head to head with them in the standings in 17', looks better for us.

Man, Delvin Breaux's biography is crazy. He broke three vertebrae in high school, his college still honored his scholarship, he was kind of a player-coach in college for awhile, then he went to play in the super low minors (the Louisiana Bayou Vipers of the Gridiron Developmental Football League?) and onward to the AFL and Hamilton and today the NFL. Nice story.

Edited by johnzo

12 hours ago, johnzo said:

Man, Delvin Breaux's biography is crazy. He broke three vertebrae in high school, his college still honored his scholarship, he was kind of a player-coach in college for awhile, then he went to play in the super low minors (the Louisiana Bayou Vipers of the Gridiron Developmental Football League?) and onward to the AFL and Hamilton and today the NFL. Nice story.

I think the CFL or TSN or something did a special on him. Really interesting story.

Looks like the Als and Riders have had trade talks about Durant. LOL at Jones who asked for Adams in return. The Als gave up a first rounder for him with 0 experience, but Jones wants them to give him up after a year as a backup and for a QB who will become a FA in just over a month. 

I actually see this as more of a non tampering way for the Als to hint to Durant that they have interest in him. I really don't see many other suitable options out there for Durant, except for us, but I think we'll sign Nichols. He'll be the starter in Montreal and get paid.

http://3downnation.com/2017/01/06/riders-alouettes-engage-darian-durant-trade-talks/