Around The League Off Season Discussion

38 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

You can also throw names like Sears and Washington and Wild in there too. I get that people want to pretend that Joe Mack was the worst person in the world and he did make mistakes, but when it came to recruiting players from the states he was damned good, but he relied on that entirely and didn't make good coaching choices so the whole thing didn't work. 

He wasn't as bad as some people think, but he certainly wasn't as good as you think he was. He found some high end guys, but the garbage fire that was the "talent" on that 2013 team shows that he didn't find nearly enough of it.

With no role in putting the team together, I'd consider taking him back as a scout too, although he's old as **** now. I'd probably rather have Moll.

5 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Name a receiver better than Matthews? Or a DE better than Willis/Hunt. Or a HB better than Hefney. OR DT better than Turner. Etc etc. Mack had his bright spots. This isn't an attempt to rewrite history. Those teams were what they were. But he found plenty of American talent, and in their prime most were the best or damn near the best in the league.

Willis/Hunt and Hefney were all pre Mack.   We're only crediting Mack with Hefney cause his stint with the NFL didn't last long and came back in mid 2010

You're fired!

Wow!

A soccer player owning up to the ref! "I wasn't fouled"

Guardian Sport:

Fair play to FC Bocholt player Toni Munoz, who is awarded a penalty but tells the referee he wasn't fouled. Video via @Copa90

Crazy

How crazy is this. "Wake Forest investigation reveals radio announcer leaked game plans usat.ly/2hCr8X4 via @usatoday"

Odd and Crazy

That poor soccer player who couldn't perform...because of cramps...because of field conditions...left over from the Grey Cup.

Yeah, right.

5 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

He wasn't as bad as some people think, but he certainly wasn't as good as you think he was. He found some high end guys, but the garbage fire that was the "talent" on that 2013 team shows that he didn't find nearly enough of it.

With no role in putting the team together, I'd consider taking him back as a scout too, although he's old as **** now. I'd probably rather have Moll.

I don't think Mack will ever be back as Miller doesn't think much of him nor does Walters. I doubt if he'd work for the Bombers again anyway. His entire body of work as a GM resulted in the 2013 Blue Bombers & that is what he should forever be judged on.

11 hours ago, Goalie said:

Can't tell if serious 

Sounds serious to me. I see nothing preposterous in the suggestion. Mack can find IMP talent as well as any scout in the CFL today. He would be a great hire in that role for MTL. Don't let him evaluate NIs, run a roster, negotiate contracts, and have him stick solely to iMP recruiting and you have a heck of a hire.

Edited by gcn11

10 hours ago, tracker said:

iHeart- when did you acquire that chain of radio stations and website empire?

haha very funny, I this has nothing to do with audio streaming services I've had this name since the jets came back and I can't just say iHeart whatever because my interests can change

1 hour ago, gcn11 said:

Sounds serious to me. I see nothing preposterous in the suggestion. Mack can find IMP talent as well as any scout in the CFL today. He would be a great hire in that role for MTL. Don't let him evaluate NIs, run a roster, negotiate contracts, and have him stick solely to iMP recruiting and you have a heck of a hire.

Yeah,  Tillman and Shivers went this route after being GM too.  Not so unusual. 

It looks like Steinauer was never going to be in play for us, which make me sad. He had signed a contract extension through 2017 with an out if something like this came up.

Is there anybody out there that is available that is worth bringing in? I've got a feeling that we will be stuck with Hall's soft defense for another year....

http://3downnation.com/2016/12/14/ticats-orlondo-steinauer-new-defensive-coordinator-fresno-state/

12 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Looks like this got overshadowed by the Mack news... but IMO this is very bad news for the CFL... anytime we lose quality coaches to NCAA it hurts the CFL game... that's 2 potential future HCs in 2 years now leaving... both (not coincidentally perhaps?) Hamilton coordinators too....

Edited by bearpants