Darvin adams getting healthy, who comes out?

wbbfan

11 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

I know you're being sarcastic, but this probably isn't the argument you want to make. You probably could've had people on board to have Cauchy Muamba as our starting safety, if it meant we never had to watch Macho Harris play.

Macho wasn't playing all that bad when he went down with injury and he was a solid contributor to ST.  In the few games he played he blocked a punt and recovered an on-side kickoff.

19 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Macho wasn't playing all that bad when he went down with injury and he was a solid contributor to ST.  In the few games he played he blocked a punt and recovered an on-side kickoff.

Yeah some odd memories around Macho for sure. He wasn't playing horribly. In fact it seemed most were fairly surprised how well he was doing...me included, besides the missed tackle here or there, he played fairly well. Saying that, I hope he doesn't see the field for us ever again. Not a knock against him, I just really like Loffler!

27 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

He was horrible. I'm not sure where this false narrative came from, but aside from one decent game at home he was still getting beat continuously. Neufeld and Willy going to the bench are considered the two main reasons for our turnaround, but Macho Harris leaving the field also played a significant part in making us a better team.

26 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Yeah some odd memories around Macho for sure. He wasn't playing horribly. In fact it seemed most were fairly surprised how well he was doing...me included, besides the missed tackle here or there, he played fairly well. Saying that, I hope he doesn't see the field for us ever again. Not a knock against him, I just really like Loffler!

There's no denying that.

20 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Each game roster is based on who they're playing and the weaknesses of same. Players in and out of the lineup to suit that need. That only makes sense. 

Poor recognition of talent? Again, you're basing that on after-fact. Many players are cut pre-season, during season and after season, and go on to have careers with other teams.  And I still wouldn't count out Mayo.

But I guess we're the only team to cut usable players eh?

And I guess the talent of the players we did keep..the ones that helped us get where we are, are flukes..they don't count, right?

And what are you basing that on? All the changes seemed to have rotated around injuries and players coming off the IR. When have we seen our systems and pieces change for a single game? We havent seen the ideology of the systems change with different co ordinators. 

What would you base it on? Our coaching staff doesnt bring in talent. But then denmark had monster games and then was sent to the bench for smith whose struggled all year. Is every team cutting candidates for rookie of the year? Which team has a side from us?

By guys we kept you mean mayo on the pr? jace davis to be cut? Not flukes clearly, we have brought in boat loads of high talent players. Its a credit to the front office. But then we have DIs who get 0 plays or touches. players who are on fire who get benched or go halfs with few and far between touches etc.

17 hours ago, mbrg said:

So very very shocked by who gave this comment a like....

Ricky Collins - did you go to the early camp?  How do you know what he showed when he was there?  I don't recall a single report from that camp that said a positive thing about him.  I would have remembered.  As a former Packer, I was really hoping he made the squad.  As a former NFLer, isn't it entirely possible he came up here and dogged it thinking the CFL would be a cake walk?  Then got cut, realized it isn't that easy, and pulled his head out of his ass, actually putting in the effort when he was lucky enough to get a second chance?  Considering how many former NFLers come up here feeling entitled and acting lazy, that seems very plausible to me.  But please give us your report of the time you went and saw Ricky Collins practising with the Bombers.

You know Demark is an import right?  And plays slot, not wide, right?  So when we make a ratio adjustment due to injury, Denmark isn't getting moved out to the wide side because we have to play JFG to meet ratio requirements.  Which would make the howling masses ***** more?  JFG coming in for Denmark or starting Addison Richards on the wide side?

Give it a freaking rest.  You don't need to hit a 100 post count in every thread.

TC reports are given and done by none football personal. What would that have to do with how the football team is evaluating talent?

Criticize me then throw out and in depth story based on nothing. Youd think as a former packer who followed him sooo close you would have noticed when he was released. :lol:

You know wrs and sbs slide in and out through out the game especially in trip packages right? Or that he was moving for smith no ratio. Not that it matters where your NI lines up when your offense hardly looks at them.  

Perhaps you should count the posts of mine per page in this thread. :rolleyes::lol:

16 hours ago, johnzo said:

I remember back in 2000 when Tom Brady was behind Michael Bishop on the Patriots' depth chart ... very poor recognition of talent there.

Oh yeah, you mean when brady was a rookie and through 3 passes and bishop was a 2nd year guy who threw 9. Of the two who do you think is better suited to hold and sneak vs hold the clip board? Brady started the next year and bishop was gone. They saw the quality difference, dumped bishop and went with brady. There was plenty of talk of starting bishop in 2k out of the media. And yet they cut him and made brady no2. hmmmmm is that an example of poor talent recognition? lol

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

He's been okay....but Wild is a guy who, when healthy, you absolutely have to get on the field. He's a difference maker.

Honestly Burnett has really come along as he's had more time starting at his position.  I also think Wild is a step above, but Burnett has been great in his own way.  Starting to make some impact plays out there.

22 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

So, on one hand, Adams dogs it. Or appears to.

On the other hand, he gets great stats. Or appears to.

Maybe we need someone who can determine his true worth, and how that can be done.

Now, let's see, who can make that determination....?

Here's Coach O'Shea's words - 

“He’s a fiery competitor,” added Bombers head coach Mike O’Shea. “He loves being a teammate. You see him out there working hard when he wasn’t getting the ball, working hard to block, getting in the fray and mixing it up and standing up for his teammates. And when you threw him the ball he was trying to make big plays for his teammates.

More - from Matt Nichols - 

“He’ just a playmaker,” said Bombers quarterback Matt Nichols. “He’s a guy that makes plays when it looks like they’re not there. He’s an attitude, difference maker for us where he’ll run a guy over, make a big block and get everyone excited. He just kinda changes everyone’s attitude in the middle of a game. You feel like there can be a little bit of a lull at the time and he’ll make a crazy play or run someone over and get everyone fired up and it rolls from there…. Everyone else sees what he’s doing and they want to be doing the same thing.

Funny, I don't see the words "if he only applied himself" anywhere in there..

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Not official yet but you can pencil darvin adams, pat neufeld and moe legggett into blue bomber lineup vs ottawa--chung and gurley out

I get that they want to stick with Ryan Smith, but man it would be nice to have two big wide outs like Gurley and Adams on the field together.

If anything, let Fogg return kicks since Bruce Johnson is starting at HB, put Mcduffie on the inactive list and DI Ryan Smith.

Edited by Blueandgold

Here's my guess for the lineup changes this week

In:
Leggett (from 46)
Adams
Johnson
Neufeld 
Tennant - need an extra DL for rotation. Thomas is the designated OL #7  in case an OL (Neufeld) goes down

Out:
McDuffie (46) - Fogg will be the DI DB and returner
Posey (46) 
Chungh (IR)
Wild (IR)
Gurley (IR)
Sherman (PR) - no need for extra Nat DB since Fogg will be the DI 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

18 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Here's Coach O'Shea's words - 

“He’s a fiery competitor,” added Bombers head coach Mike O’Shea. “He loves being a teammate. You see him out there working hard when he wasn’t getting the ball, working hard to block, getting in the fray and mixing it up and standing up for his teammates. And when you threw him the ball he was trying to make big plays for his teammates.

More - from Matt Nichols - 

“He’ just a playmaker,” said Bombers quarterback Matt Nichols. “He’s a guy that makes plays when it looks like they’re not there. He’s an attitude, difference maker for us where he’ll run a guy over, make a big block and get everyone excited. He just kinda changes everyone’s attitude in the middle of a game. You feel like there can be a little bit of a lull at the time and he’ll make a crazy play or run someone over and get everyone fired up and it rolls from there…. Everyone else sees what he’s doing and they want to be doing the same thing.

Funny, I don't see the words "if he only applied himself" anywhere in there..

I also have a feeling (hope?) that Smith steps it up in the playoffs to calm any nervousness in keeping him in the lineup over Gurley.