Darvin adams getting healthy, who comes out?

wbbfan

http://www.bluebombers.com/2016/10/24/219774

Point 3 on the list says the bombers expect darvin adams back at practice this week. So the question is where and how does he fit in? He was playing his best ball when hurt, certainly draws into the line up. 

Would love to go all IMP at wr, but I dont think we will start the extra nuck.

Dressler is a lock, I think gurley gets more time to find his fit in the system, mcduffie is a DI and half of our return combo I dont see us having fogg start at DB and return kicks and punts so I think he stays in too. Denmark, adams, and smith for the final 2 imp spots with mcduffie the back up. The way hes played this year id sit smith. Hes young and well worth having around next year, but both denmark and adams have been much better.

gurley dressler adams denmark and smith with mcduffie as the back up/returner/di. Man that would be nice though. Weve gone from a team that struggled to put together a wr core at points this year to having an embarrassment of riches. 

50 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

If Adams can go, I put him in. Lawless suggested Gurley will likely be out if Adams is back. I beg to disagree. 

I would like a combo of Gurley - Denmark - Dressler - Adams - Kohlert as starters with McDuffie, Feoli-Gudino and Richards as backups. 

I would suggest Gurley and Adams fill a similar role... so I understand that reasoning.... but I would prefer to see both of them in the line-up...

8 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I'd give Adams another week of practice before inserting him, he's not going to be in great game shape after such a long layoff and they need all hands on board to secure second place.

Yeah and with a play off spot clinched no need to rush him back. 

9 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

Wisdom would dictate that they sit Smith. If they make the best decision with the best talent out there he sits. Unfortunately we know that many football decisions are political, so to sit one of your prize free agent acquisitions...well

idk about politics but they have made some head scratching decisions with the roster so who knows.

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

Adams doesn't have the resume to be a guy you insert immediately after he's back from such a long layoff. I would be worried about rust for sure after sitting almost the whole season. Let's revisit receiving options when the playoffs hit I think. 

I'm not sitting a guy who was on a 1500 yard pace any longer than I have to. Maybe he doesn't have a lengthy resume, but he was on pace to be a breakout receiver this year and if the choice is Gurley or Adams, it's Adams easily.

Just now, Mike said:

I'm not sitting a guy who was on a 1500 yard pace any longer than I have to. Maybe he doesn't have a lengthy resume, but he was on pace to be a breakout receiver this year and if the choice is Gurley or Adams, it's Adams easily.

on pace, get out of here with that trash. Dressler and Smith were out and he was the only guy they could throw to, on pace can easily fall off. 

IMO Gurley didnt have a good game other then 1 big catch at the end of the game, So even if Adams is a little rusty it wouldnt be much of a difference. That said more rep is likely better for Gurley too in our system, I would honestly prefer smith to sit, the nichols (and even willy) to Smith long ball just hasnt been working all year

14 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Nichols is going to get killed if Neufeld plays.  I was hoping that Keeping was ready to go....

Time for the Bombers to fish or cut bait with Neufeld and his salary, if he can't protect at least as well as Couture he'll be gone in the off-season to accommodate the #1 O-lineman in the 2017 draft.  I think Neufeld still has some trade value so they should be able to get something for him in return, maybe a 3rd or 4th round draft pick.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne