September 13 practise

Slingin Sammy

Darrin Bauming‏ @DarrinBauming
Khalil Bass is also taking a day off practice today. Also Morgan (injured Sat), Hurl & Thomas (1gm IL). Briggs (injured Sat) is practicing.

Bob Irving‏ @BobIrvingCJOB
Ian wild, ryan smith, and andrew harris not practicing with bombers --all have "BODY" injuries vs non-body injuries. Status TBD

Ryan Smith's right thumb is wrapped up as if it may be cut. Smith left Saturday's game and did not return. #Bombers

- Flanders and Lochard each got some reps with first team in "team" scrimmage;
 - Randle at boudary corner with starting D; Adams to field; 
 - Frederick and M. Harris practising with second team;
 - Godino and Denmark got reps with first team; majority of first team reps to Denmark;
 - Knox is back practising with punt ST, and 1st team MLB in place of Bass;
 - Briggs also practising with punt ST;
 - Randle picked long toss; Glenn hit a couple of passes...looks like he'll be alright with our playbook;
 - Heath practising with second team;
 - Burnett in at WIL for Wild; Wild was doing wind sprints;

In a couple of "skelly" sessions (no D defending) starting O was McDuffie, Dressler, Lochard, Sheppard, Denmark, Kohlert...also flipped out Lochard and inserted Flanders

Just to tack on here, when asked in post practice presser, MOS said those injured guys don't necessarily need to practice this week to play. He was going to check on Harris/Wild on Thursday and make a determination then. Smith, they figure, is a couple weeks likely. 

Edited by Noeller

1 hour ago, Slingin Sammy said:

Khalil Bass is also taking a day off practice today. Also Morgan (injured Sat), Hurl & Thomas (1gm IL). Briggs (injured Sat) is practicing.

Bob Irving‏ @BobIrvingCJOB
Ian wild, ryan smith, and andrew harris not practicing with bombers --all have "BODY" injuries vs non-body injuries. Status TBD

Ryan Smith's right thumb is wrapped up as if it may be cut. Smith left Saturday's game and did not return. #Bombers

- Flanders and Lochard each got some reps with first team in "team" scrimmage;
 - Randle at boudary corner with starting D; Adams to field; 
 - Frederick and M. Harris practising with second team;
 - Godino and Denmark got reps with first team; majority of first team reps to Denmark;
 - Knox is back practising with punt ST, and 1st team MLB in place of Bass;
 - Briggs also practising with punt ST;
 - Randle picked long toss; Glenn hit a couple of passes...looks like he'll be alright with our playbook;
 - Heath practising with second team;
 - Burnett in at WIL for Wild; Wild was doing wind sprints;

In a couple of "skelly" sessions (no D defending) starting O was McDuffie, Dressler, Lochard, Sheppard, Denmark, Kohlert...also flipped out Lochard and inserted Flanders

Thanks sammy great break down.

I really hope we dont have frederick off the active roster again. All he does is perform when hes in there. Id hate for him to be a guy we let go.

Would be nice to see what Flanders can do in regular season action. But with the ratio Idk if that happens. We are tight on the DI spot even right now.

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

if harris plays, and smith is out would denmark for smith be the obvious change? 

I dont think we have the players or depth to start 2 ni wrs even if harris doesnt play. 

we seem to have been using normand a little more and more last few games,  I think him and lochard could run enough to keep the argo's D honest a little. Dont expect them to be running the lights out of IGF but likely a 1/5 of the plays will still be on the run.  I'd imagine they'd run a bit early to get in the D's head then go back to it later in the game as we're thumpin the sailboats 40-7

I am hoping for Flanders, just because Simpsons jokes never get old and internal competition is great for excellence in football. 

Yes we ARE talkin bout practice. We always talk about practice. Football practice is useful and important. Basketball practice not so much. 

28 minutes ago, tracker said:

Is anyone else as confused as I am over JFG's lack of involvement in the Bomber offence? All he does whenever he is on the field is make great plays and I cannot understand why he is not playing more often.

Secret weapon who we keep under wraps....I agree I would like to see more of JFG...he just gets it done when called upon.

12 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

I know Lochard looked pretty good in limited action against the Riders, but is anyone else worried our run game will disappear if Harris doesn't start?

Not really. I think Flanders will be just as good as Harris running the ball. My only concern is if his blocking and blitz pickup will be good enough.