Labour Day Classic Pre-Game Thread: Depth Chart, etc

Noeller

This is going to be the first LDC I have actually looked forward to in years. I watched them all, but with a mixture of faint hope and a sense of impending doom, hoping for at least a show of resistance. We are not supposed to take pleasure in the suffering of others, but for the next 9 days, I am suspending that rule. Its been a long time, too long, so bring on the butt-kicking.

CFL Game Notes

Winnipeg - 18 Turnovers forced last 3 games:  
- It is the first time in 27 years (since 1989) that a team has created at least 6 forced T/Os in a run of 3 straight games (EDM 1989) - It is the most in total by any CFL club across a 3-game span since Toronto forced 19 in Aug-Sep 2006, 10 years ago.

It is the most forced by Winnipeg in a 3-game span since they had 20 by their opponents in October 2003.
- Winnipeg is on pace to force 66 opponent T/Os in 2016, the most by any CFL club since Montreal in 2002 (67)

The Bombers have had 62 different players dress for at least one game this season compared to Saskatchewan’s CFL-high total of 79, 14 more than any other team thus far. The league-wide average for the other eights clubs than Saskatchewan is 61 players per team with at least one game played.
Saskatchewan has used 46 different starters this season including 9 along the Offensive Line, 4 different starting running backs and 11 starting defensive backs. By contrast, Edmonton has used just 31 different starters.

?‍?Where's the value in Andrew Harris? Right here:

The Bombers are 5-1 this season when Harris rushes for at least 40 yards.
first 5 games: 53 for 206 yards, 3.9 average, 0 TD Rushing – last 4 games: 75 for 369 yards, 4.9 average, 4 TD

In the last 4 games, Winnipeg’s total offence has averaged a modest 360 yards per game (349 net). Of those 1,1441 combined rushing and passing yards, Andrew Harris has accounted for 30.3% of them (441 of 1,441).

?‍?Who should we pay attention to?

Namaan Roosevelt targets: Was #2 among all CFL receivers last week with 175 yards on 11 catches from 14 total targets. He had two catches for 30+ yards and accounted for 47% of the Riders’ 370 total yards via the air. He has four 100-yard games this season and has been the target on 27% of the Riders’ 341 passes where a target could be established.

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Why not play McDuffie at WR and move Dressler to SB?

Seems to me McDuffie's strength is his speed so it sets up a Banks type option for us, i.e., seam route. Worked for Hamilton.

Agreed, when Dressler lined up at WR this year he was relatively quiet, his best games have come from the slot position.  If Sheppard wants to keep the job over Mayo this would be a good game to demonstrate the reasons to do so.  He probably has the upper hand on the blocking front but haven't seen him demonstrate much YAC ability.

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Why not play McDuffie at WR and move Dressler to SB?

Seems to me McDuffie's strength is his speed so it sets up a Banks type option for us, i.e., seam route. Worked for Hamilton.

Dont put too much attention on where they are on the position chart. LaPolice move receivers around depending on the call.

I know it's old news that Hardrick is in for Foketi but it's interesting that the BB chose not to roll with the lineup that kept Nicholls squeaky-clean in Toronto.  Is this a "veteran" guy not losing his job due to injury, or is Hardrick the better choice?

Also interesting that they like CJ Roberts over Frederick.  Glad to see that 35 is gonna get a game check whatever happens, he really looks like a keeper and I hate to see him moldering on the practice roster.

Edited by johnzo

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

I know it's old news that Hardrick is in for Foketi but it's interesting that the BB chose not to roll with the lineup that kept Nicholls squeaky-clean in Toronto.  Is this a "veteran" guy not losing his job due to injury, or is Hardrick the better choice?

Also interesting that they like CJ Roberts over Frederick.  Glad to see that 35 is gonna get a game check whatever happens, he really looks like a keeper and I hate to see him moldering on the practice roster.

Frederick is not likely 100% healthy, in O'Shea's last presser he said he had a lower body injury.

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

And knowing how these LDC games usually go for us, he'll also rumble in for a touchdown off a Nichols fumble juking out Harris for the score.

Here's to breaking our curse, Go Blue!

this game is literally equal importance to me as winning the Grey Cup. Just this one. I'm sick and tired of losing LDC and I want the last one at that crap hole they call a stadium.