Starting Receivers

BBlink

That's probably the best receiver group for the reasons you suggest. Wish Dressler had stayed healthy so we could have seen more out of him.

Not sure he still has it, to be honest, based on appearances this year to date. But then we didn't really have a functional QB til the last 3 games and then Dressler got hurt right off the bat.

Someone should file a Missing Persons Report on Kris Adams.

Edited by Doublezero

7 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

That's probably the best receiver group for the reasons you suggest. Wish Dressler had stayed healthy so we could have seen more out of him.

Not sure he still has it, to be honest, based on appearances this year to date. But then we didn't really have a functional QB til the last 3 games and then Dressler got hurt right off the bat.

Someone should file a Missing Persons Report on Kris Adams.

Totally disagree. He was lights on against Edm until he got hurt. Staying healthy is his issue, he's still one of the best receivers in this league by far imo.

There's no way I'm benching Ryan Smith.

Some may forget Smith hasn't played with Nichols yet so he hasn't had the same opportunities to work with a guy that is hitting on the deep ball as a guy like Dressler or Denmark.

Smith spent the early portion of the season getting open downfield almost at will. He just didn't have a guy getting him the ball.

Tbh it really depends what we do else where. Foketi looked really good last night. Corney didnt pile up stats but was thrashing his man, drew penalties and it could have been more. 

Based on skill alone id do this

Dressler, smith, adams, denmark, kohlert. With davis as the extra man. The last couple weeks he hasnt been jumping off the page like earlier in the year. He and nichols (and harris in the passing game) hasnt clicked yet. He had a tough drop last night. But he goes out and does a great, great job blocking on every pass and run play. Hes made more plays happen with blocks then with catches this year. 

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Are Dressler, Smith and Denmark too similar?

I don't think so.  They are all a big problem for defenses, and Denmark and Dressler can play a ton of roles.  Smith is a little less savvy at this point in his career.

The 4th import would ideally be a bigger guy that teams would have to worry about on the boundary, but Denmark can play there a lot too along with Kohlert.

Kris Adams has been pretty disappointing.  I don't think he moves well enough at game speed to be much of a player.  But he's the kind of body type we're missing.

I'd like to see Davis get a chance on the boundary.

3 minutes ago, tracker said:

Kris Adams has shown enough flashes of potential that he is worth being patient for. Darvin Adams needs to want the ball a lot more, and Jace Davis has done little to warrant keeping.

Adams has shown similar flashes to mayo. Idk if its wanting the ball or what with adams. Jace davis on the other hand was catching every thing with willy and has hardly gotten any looks with nichols. He had one bad drop last night, but hes had more blocks then the rest of our wr core. He does more of the subtle pro things at wr then any of the unproven guys + adams.

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Adams has shown similar flashes to mayo. Idk if its wanting the ball or what with Adams. Jace Davis on the other hand was catching every thing with willy and has hardly gotten any looks with Nichols. He had one bad drop last night, but hes had more blocks then the rest of our wr core. He does more of the subtle pro things at wr then any of the unproven guys + Adams.

That dropped pass Davis had last night was the worst of his boo-boos but not the only one. I do not recall him being all that good with Willy.

Just now, tracker said:

That dropped pass Davis had last night was the worst of his boo-boos but not the only one. I do not recall him being all that good with Willy.

his only major one. Id highly recommend going back and looking, willy was throwing every thing behind or out in front or low and he caught it all.

Davis isn't going anywhere.  He's a YAC monster and a guy who can play in traffic.  K Adams has done absolutely nothing and looks like he's labouring hard to do anything on the field.  He's had as many drops in 2 games as the rest of our receiving crew to go along with his seeming inability to make space for himself.

3 hours ago, Mike said:

There's no way I'm benching Ryan Smith.

Some may forget Smith hasn't played with Nichols yet so he hasn't had the same opportunities to work with a guy that is hitting on the deep ball as a guy like Dressler or Denmark.

Smith spent the early portion of the season getting open downfield almost at will. He just didn't have a guy getting him the ball.

You might be right. But who sits if Smith plays? And then, as others have pointed out, you've got Dressler, Denmark and Smith all similar stature. And as the OP noted, you probably want a mix of speed, physicality and experience. The question may be moot since Chris Adams appears to be out long term with that mangled shoulder. But the question was: who plays assuming everyone is healthy?

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

Like I said before the season if you get open consistently what does it matter how tall you are. 

Run game. Physicality. I worry that having Smith Dressler and Denmark in the lineup might be a bit too small. But I'm willing to give it a shot

2 hours ago, Doublezero said:

You might be right. But who sits if Smith plays? And then, as others have pointed out, you've got Dressler, Denmark and Smith all similar stature. And as the OP noted, you probably want a mix of speed, physicality and experience. The question may be moot since Chris Adams appears to be out long term with that mangled shoulder. But the question was: who plays assuming everyone is healthy?

Do you mean Darvin Adams with a broken clavicle? 

56 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

Denmark, Smith, and Dressler are great at getting open, but average at best blocking. There is more to being a receiver than catching. I think that is the biggest difference why Harris is not having the same type of year as he has in the past with BC. 

What do you mean?  Looks to me like Harris is having one of the best years of his career.