Official GDT: vs Ham 08/03/16 Game Day We All Play!

Noeller

I was pretty tempted to make the 1 hour drive in and see if they would let me sneak in and watch. I didn't know what to do with myself once we built that lead. We just kept pouring it on, everything was going our way. It was a far too familiar feeling, albeit we were on the good side of it for once.

4 minutes ago, Nash00 said:

I was pretty tempted to make the 1 hour drive in and see if they would let me sneak in and watch. I didn't know what to do with myself once we built that lead. We just kept pouring it on, everything was going our way. It was a far too familiar feeling, albeit we were on the good side of it for once.

They would've. I didn't pay for parking, didn't scan my ticket when I came back. The guy at the gate was just like "don't even worry about it, we lost track"

lol

1 minute ago, Mike said:

They would've. I didn't pay for parking, didn't scan my ticket when I came back. The guy at the gate was just like "don't even worry about it, we lost track"

lol

I feel for those volunteers in a situation like yesterday. I'm sure they have limited training when it comes to long delays and inclement weather. I'm sure they had to deal with a few a-hole fans bitching about the weather too, like they had something to do with it.

A completely ridiculous insane night that was totally worth it. Barley Bros for pre-gamers, to the stadium at about 7:15 and never left till 1am. By far the most I've ever drank at any "event" type thing. Mr Miller made some money off our crew last night... 

Got there by 6:30 with my boy. He loved watching the baseball game, and thankfully, he didn't have to kill my phone battery watching it.

I made him leave after the 3rd quarter, when the buses started. He has a early day today (and so did I).

Really appreciated all the staff and volunteers last night! And really appreciated the Bombers putting the baseball game up on the screen. It made a big difference to me and my son.

Yeah based on a few people here talking about the need for "common sense" I imagine some of the staff took some abuse last night.  I thought everyone was in great spirits and the staff were great,  Saw one idiot loudly complain that he would never return to IGF after the game because he couldnt find his Park & Ride bus after being told they were parked in numerical order. 

Probably cost the Bombers a ton with extra staffing costs and transit costs.  On the flip side, looked like a lot of people eating as the game dragged on.

Sometimes these sorts of things make for an interesting story, especially considering the outcome.  My first game of the season and it was a lot of fun.

Midnight madness and we come out on top....2 very good clubs that we beat one right after the other....I don't know where we were hiding Nichols but wow, he's looking like the real deal...Quick release is confusing the hell out of the opposition...They were used to the turtle like actions of Willy...Matt seemed to disappear a bit in the second half but I think we had that one put away by then...Kudos to the team...that's more like what we were expecting this season...Now can we keep it up??? Argos next...bing,bang, boom..

Not necessarily the player of the game, but a player who has been our spark these last two games - Matt Nichols. The undervalued. We've watched a LOT of so-so games, and worse, from our QBs over these last few years, so a QB who is performing is refreshing. Matt has been playing on fire, with purpose, and it shows on the scorecard. 

Now, I'm not going to overstate the games Matt has played but, he has managed them well, and we sit in a much better position in the standings because he has done so. Of course, Lapo gets credit for the direction, but Matt, mostly, has done what he was supposed to do.

So, to Matt - ? 

3 minutes ago, bustamente said:

After one of his last carries Harris was grabbing his hand in the huddle and wincing in pain, hopefully nothing comes of it and he did not leave the game

He was also limping a bit earlier in the game. Seemed to be a knee. Nothing major (it appears), just a knock.

Still makes you wonder why he was out there so late in the game? Nicholls too?

8 minutes ago, White Out said:

No reason to release him until years end, but this is totally correct. You don't pay your backup 400k

I suppose the only exception would be if Nichols has a bonus clause based on games started in his contract, as per the link.

http://3downnation.com/2016/08/04/nichols-bombers-back-track-_-thoughts/

Despite all his struggles, I would feel more comfortable with Willy off the bench than Davis.

10 minutes ago, JCon said:

He was also limping a bit earlier in the game. Seemed to be a knee. Nothing major (it appears), just a knock.

Still makes you wonder why he was out there so late in the game? Nicholls too?

Yeah, watching Harris limp off the field after running the ball with one minute left in a blowout, I couldn't help but wonder why Lochard wasn't out there instead.

Well...that was a game. Who is this Blue team? I don't know, but I sure as hell like it. All 3 phases clicking, guys are very visibly motivated and engaged right now - fun to see a team playing with passion again. And of course executing the gameplan. 

I managed to stick it out as well.  Left the stadium at 1 and had a walk to StV park, then got dropped off at my vehicle.  Home at 2am, I was supposed to be in at 8 this morning, but woke up at 7:52.  Oops.  Well. Worth. It.

Big props to the others who stuck it out too. 17K is a pretty damn impressive number for how long it was delayed.  Backs up what I've always thought about Bomber fans. We may not always have the biggest numbers, but I'll take Bomber diehards over any other teams every day of the week, and twice on gameday. 

20 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Yeah, watching Harris limp off the field after running the ball with one minute left in a blowout, I couldn't help but wonder why Lochard wasn't out there instead.

Another thing O'Shea has to learn. Cant blame him its new to him and he need to see the film first to see it. ?