Does a blow out at home Thursday get MOS fired?

Does a blow out at home Thursday get MOS fired?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Does a blow out at home Thursday get MOS fired?

• Yes
    • No

Mos has til the end of the year no matter how bad it gets. Lapo and Hall would bring no life to this team. If Mos wasn't so stubborn and replace Willy when he is struggling with Nichols for a series or two during the game we would have beaten Montreal and Edmonton

Edited by LionGaurd
spelling error

We wouldn't be talking about any of this if we had a mobile QB who is accurate and makes good decisions....but we don't so we lose. Good QB's find a way to win just ask Mike Reilly.

I'm sick of hearing MOS say you can't pin it all on Willy. Of course you can't pin EVERYTHING on him but the majority you can...he gets paid to perform well and he's not. He was the same in training camp this year.

Not enthralled with the Defensive schemes either, but if we had a good performing QB we would still win quite a few games. The personnel generally on this team are getting stronger...

5 hours ago, blitzmore said:

We wouldn't be talking about any of this if we had a mobile QB who is accurate and makes good decisions....but we don't so we lose. Good QB's find a way to win just ask Mike Reilly.

I'm sick of hearing MOS say you can't pin it all on Willy. Of course you can't pin EVERYTHING on him but the majority you can...he gets paid to perform well and he's not. He was the same in training camp this year.

Not enthralled with the Defensive schemes either, but if we had a good performing QB we would still win quite a few games. The personnel generally on this team are getting stronger...

there are enough workable parts that the remainder of the team has what it takes to win. It's that DW and MOS are tied at the hip. Who knows if behind the scene this is happening, but if OShea is reluctant, due to the huge qb salary, to tell his bosses that DW needs to sit, then he's not doing the team any good. Should mos wait for his bosses to tell him to play another qb, he's not being an accountable coach.

22 minutes ago, White Out said:

i think the worst thing they can do is to re-sign them both to long extensions

They won't. Both will be gone at the end of the season if it stays the same. I don't think an in season firing is gonna happen 

Interesting...

http://3downnation.com/2016/07/22/end-mike-oshea-14-thoughts/

3. Since I know I’ll be bombarded with questions about O’Shea’s job security if I don’t address it, I’ll add this: if O’Shea survives this week, I believe there is a high chance he will be fired if the Bombers lose next week in Edmonton.

5 hours ago, blueandgoldguy said:

I mean, it doesn't take a CFL insider to figure this out. 1-5 going into his 3rd year stinks. Period. But I think the real test will be Hamilton. I don't think anyone gives us a huge chance against the Eskimos in Edmonton, that place is a real grindhouse for us. You lose to Hamilton too, though, and 1-6 means you should lose your job. 

8 hours ago, Goalie said:

I'm not sure willy is the biggest problem. Being at the game... receivers rarely run routes longer than 10 yards  

The offense looked exactly the same when Nichols went in. Receivers dropping passes, OL missing blocks and getting the qb cranked. needing 3 downs to get first downs, needing a big kick return to set up field position to be close enough to the endzone to score. 

Why is everyone always on the qb and the coach when clearly this team isn't talented enough? We have some good pieces on this team, but not enough of them and not enough depth behind them. 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The offense looked exactly the same when Nichols went in. Receivers dropping passes, OL missing blocks and getting the qb cranked. needing 3 downs to get first downs, needing a big kick return to set up field position to be close enough to the endzone to score. 

Why is everyone always on the qb and the coach when clearly this team isn't talented enough? We have some good pieces on this team, but not enough of them and not enough depth behind them. 

People are on the QB because he isn't good enough and is being paid 400k a year to be bad. But I think you probably know that already, don't you? Your point about other facets of the offense not being good either aren't wrong. But those positions are easily replaced and make a fraction of the salary.

You know, common sense stuff.

Just now, Goalie said:

The QB is only as good as the talent he has around him. Yup. We got a couple good pieces but we got quite a few who aren't good enough. 

Then why are we paying someone 400k a year? To plunge to the lowest common denominator on our offense? Don't you go out  and get a star QB with that money to raise your team up and have people play up to his level?

6 minutes ago, White Out said:

People are on the QB because he isn't good enough and is being paid 400k a year to be bad. But I think you probably know that already, don't you? Your point about other facets of the offense not being good either aren't wrong. But those positions are easily replaced and make a fraction of the salary.

You know, common sense stuff.

If they were easily replaced then why hasn't Walters replaced them in the 3 years he's been here? If they're easily replaced why is there no depth anywhere on this team? A team that gets as crippled by injuries as this one does isn't going to win no matter who you have at qb. Khari Jones had the same thing happen to him, when the depth sucked and injuries hit the team looked useless all of a sudden. Same with Kevin Glenn. You need good pieces around a qb to be successful. It's simplistic and incompletely analysis to just say "oh the qb is the big problem" or "the coach is the big problem" We have a GM that can't build depth, can't add to talent and is at best treading water with his moves. It doesn't matter what Willy makes, it flat out doesn't. This roster isn't good enough to win and pretending that it is with a coaching change or a qb change is just playing silly buggers. 

I'm done with going to Bomber games.

I'm not done watching the team. I'm done making the 40 minute drive and 20 minute walk to the stadium to subject myself to the product that we're being given. I'm still going to watch religiously every single game, but I want the ability to turn this garbage off with the push of a button instead of having to travel another hour back home.

We absolutely ****ing suck. I'm sure it's a combination of things and I'm sure the blame isn't on any singular person, but this team just lacks any entertainment value whatsoever. I'm 26 years old now, I've had season tickets since 1999, when I was 9 years old and I used to have so much team spirit that I would save up birthday and Christmas money to buy my own so I could go with my dad. I didn't want my parents to buy my tickets, because I wanted to support the team myself. Sure, it was all their money anyways but that was the pride I had in being a Bomber fan, I thought at 9 years old that I could proudly support them MYSELF.

I never used to miss a game for anything. I've missed birthdays. Weddings. Parties. I've gotten in fights with girlfriends because I wanted to watch a Bomber game on TV instead of going out to a BBQ or some kind of other social function. I missed half of my high school graduation to listen to preseason football on the radio. I've driven to Calgary, Edmonton and Regina to watch games, despite it taking all the way until last year to ever see a road win. Two years ago, I went to Los Angeles during Bomber season and they were playing Hamilton (the game where McDuffie returned a TD on us) and I missed watching half of a Dodger game because I stayed in their team store until the end of the Bomber game because that was the only place in the stadium I could get consistent wifi. There are literally no ends to what I've done to expose myself to as much Bomber football as I possibly can and I really just don't give a **** anymore.

I'm tired of Mike O'Shea and his "I don't know what's going on" attitude. His post game interview last night was depressing and apparently his halftime interview with Sara Orlesky was even worse. I'm tired of no answers for anything. I'm tired of trying the same **** over and over again and expecting it to worth the 17th time when it didn't work the first 16. I'm tired of watching teams run the same plays we do for 15, 20, 30 yards when we can barely run them for 2. We've seen 7 wins in 30 tries at Investors Group Field and it's ****ing pathetic. If it's not the QB, it's the defense. If it's not the defense, it's the playcalling. If it's not the playcalling, the kicker misses. If the kicker doesn't miss, it's the QB. Whatever it is, we never put it together and I'm just so defeated watching this unentertaining product. Even 5-6 years ago, we weren't very good but we could see progress. Now? Nothing. I was talking with my dad at the last game and we were trying to recall all the good memories we've had of watching the team play at IGF. My fondest ****ing memory is the game where Jason Boltus somehow managed to throw a pass backwards and I laughed at how pathetic we were. That's the only positive memory I have of IGF. Some "so bad it's funny" bull**** that only the Bombers could pull off. That's not how I want to remember Bomber football. At Canad Inns? I remember the TD record. I remember Khari Jones instilling confidence in a fanbase that knew even if we were down going into the fourth quarter, we sure as **** had a chance to win - a good chance. I remember the Stegall 4 catch, 4 TD game. I remember the Thanksgiving comeback. I remember Swaggerville coming up into Section S to celebrate with the fans after a Eastern Final win against Hamilton when Chris Garrett ran over, around and by everything near him in the snow. Remember watching football in the snow? Not at IGF, because our lockers are cleaned out by then.

Remember when we fired Doug Berry because making the playoffs 3 years in a row but not winning a Grey Cup was unacceptable? Can you imagine making the playoffs 3 years in a row now? I'd kill for it. I can't remember the last time I actually had to pay for my playoff ticket because it's been carried over from the previous year for what? I dunno, 5 years now? Another 5 before that? Who even knows at this point. All I know is I can't subject myself to this garbage anymore. I just laugh. What else am I supposed to do? Getting mad doesn't do anything. It's not worth investing the effort. The team sure doesn't. All I know is I've gone from a fan who would've missed my mom's birthday to listen to a Bomber radio broadcast through a broken walkie talkie to a fan who literally would rather stay at home so he can go pull weeds after we get run outta the building in the first quarter. We ****ing stink. And I can't be bothered to care anymore.

9 hours ago, Goalie said:

I'm not sure willy is the biggest problem. Being at the game... receivers rarely run routes longer than 10 yards  

Darvin Adams exemplified that big time. It's what I've been saying. WATCH the other teams, I watch the Eskimo's all the time. Anyone here think Reilly is perfect? Not even close. He usually just throws the ball to an 'area' when he goes deep, it's his 'receivers' that make a play on it. You all saw Bowman do it last week. Not to mention his 8 yard route when he needed 10 yards (and that was the game btw - that's where the bombers lost it). 

That being said, Willy is NOT a 400k QB- bombers hitched their wagon to the wrong guy - AGAIN!

I'm a broken record, but I'll say it again. Until the bombers find their OWN QB - they are not doing anything. They might have some limited success here and there, but if they can't find a QB (and there's more out there than people think btw) the Bombers will never be significant in the CFL. The bombers are the new 'Riders, like it or not. Perennial doormats. The free space on the bingo card. 

And now its what - 37 games since we scored 30 points in a game. 17to85 thinks that's no big deal. Really. So if the Winnipeg Jets failed to score 4 goals or more in hockey for two seasons - that would be 'no big deal'??? 17 - that's a HUGE deal. It's a scoring league. 30 points - teams get that by accident - Calgary got over 30 yesterday and they only played half a game (well 2 and 1/2 quarters). That stat by itself tells you how effective Willy (though he probably only started about 22 or 23 of those games - but still even that's not acceptable for a 400k a year guy) and MOS are as a team.