Odds and Sods - Game 3 - Bombers at TigerCats

Better Bomber D early....

Blue line up for FG, but holder (Dressler) wanders off field

....penalty makes it 51 instead of 46...which of course, Medlock misses....

..and naturally, Banks runs it back 121 yds for the TD..

Blue O dinking and dunking...but moving the chains...

When not missing blocks, or taking penalties..

....well enough for better TOP and some field goals....

Harris still effective in passing game....and runs real hard....

....he has to touch the ball 20+ per game...

Red zone O, still not a Bomber speciality.......

Rough half for Goossen at C...

Moe Leggett jumps in front of hook pattern.......easy 40 yd TD...

Ensuing kickoff takes a ole Blue Bomber Bounce....with a Macho recover

Willy still having problems hooking up with Smith

....until he sticks a no-look right in Smith's arm crook...for short TD

Bombers up 22-10 at the half

After shutting down the Hamilton O...entire first half

McDuffie fumbles 2nd half kickoff.....

....and TD pass to Fantuz, in behind Hawkins ...follows.....

Then Owens grabs TD pass behind Posey.. with like 4 guys offside.....

...replay the down?  nah.....now 25-24 Blue

Ian Wild forced 2 fumbles

Leggett had 2 picks and a sack....

Posey had a pick and fumble recovery....

...but also some real problems in coverage.....

Bombers drive the ball down....

Adams makes nice catch on under thrown bomb...

Waggoner had big game on special teams....

Jace Davis at R...still looking pretty good...

Smith/Dressler finally showing signs of life

....but Willy then fumbles it deep in Ham red zone......

Blue get a drive.....Medlock makes it 28-24

Ticats get it back, drive inside Bomber territory...

But Hubbard crunches Masoli and recovers the fumble....

Plenty of warts....but a huge win.  Crucial 2 points.

Bomber O moved the ball, and ate up TOP....

...with a near world record of dinks and dumps....

...but cashing in with TDs.....is still a struggle.....

No downfield pass game yet, though...

Better play from Blue D front 7.....

....a few more blitzes and stunts......

Bombers finally generated some turnovers and sacks

..but still pretty soft coverage in the back

Overall though....Blue more intense and physical, this week.

Lacking in some style points.....but in for the win

...and into the gin.

Nice to get the win.

There were 2-3 times where I thought Willy would crumble... and he didn't.  I'd move him up from shellshocked to lightly stunned.

Wonder what would have happened if this team would have just left Steve Morley at Centre...  OL still a work in progress but has flashes

Osh still needs work, but was good to see emotion at the end of the game - leave Lapo in the booth

Richie Hall must have been into the gin as well - D could really be something if Harris and Fogg stop playing so deep - we want Adams

feels good man. Team could have finished a lot of little things better. If they had it would have been a 50+ whooping. I was stuck driving the whole game didnt get to watch any plays yet but listening to bob is great any way. The guy he was working with? not so much. cjob needs to start springing to send doug brown on the road >.>

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

feels good man. Team could have finished a lot of little things better. If they had it would have been a 50+ whooping. I was stuck driving the whole game didnt get to watch any plays yet but listening to bob is great any way. The guy he was working with? not so much. cjob needs to start springing to send doug brown on the road >.>

When's the radio contract up? I think the other station will go hard for it.

"Speaking of the offensive line, Patrick Neufeld appeared to take three swings at Hamilton defensive back Emanuel Davis at the end of the game with the Bombers in victory formation. Though I didn’t see what Davis did — the scrum was chaotic, to say the least — it’s clear he did or said something to Drew Willy that Neufeld didn’t care for. That’s the type of attitude I want to see from my starting right tackle — protecting the franchise quarterback before, during, and after the play." - John Hodge

Good one Paddy!

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Nice to get the win.

There were 2-3 times where I thought Willy would crumble... and he didn't.  I'd move him up from shellshocked to lightly stunned.

Wonder what would have happened if this team would have just left Steve Morley at Centre...  OL still a work in progress but has flashes

Osh still needs work, but was good to see emotion at the end of the game - leave Lapo in the booth

Richie Hall must have been into the gin as well - D could really be something if Harris and Fogg stop playing so deep - we want Adams

Apparently LaPo sees the game much better from the booth and there he shall stay.  That is the O that will keep Willy alive and functioning so everyone best embrace it.

22 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Offside much?

Owens-offside.png     

This is the no call on Ham., but call on us for offside...resulting in a TD

BS

penalty entire bluebombers roster. And a couple guys on the PR. Off sides if day score we tak it on to the kick off. If they dont, another bomber penalty.

Refs this season have been really awful. But its early and what not ill give em some time. What i really dont like is the ticky tacky PI calls. They reviewed it both ways. But for my money you gotta let defenders defend. You cant PI every hand fight. It never gets called on O either. 

on the topic of calls that may not be correct -and I haven't gone back to watch this again- early in the game, the fumble recovered by (I believe) Wild, should that not have been illegal participation? I thought he went out of bounds and came back in to recover it

1 minute ago, brett_c_b said:

on the topic of calls that may not be correct -and I haven't gone back to watch this again- early in the game, the fumble recovered by (I believe) Wild, should that not have been illegal participation? I thought he went out of bounds and came back in to recover it

Don't quote me but I believe that was made allowable a few years ago. 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Don't quote me but I believe that was made allowable a few years ago. 

I know they changed it at one point to specify you could come back in if pushed out, but not if you went out on your own. I don't follow all the rule changes closely, so it's possible it was changed again

Here's a question. Shologan. Stuffed gable hard. Big hit. Refs ruled it am incomplete pass tho. Why was it an incomplete pass. Gable had control of the ball... just got nailed when he turned around causing a fumble. Don't like that rule at all. Think that should have been a fumble 

9 hours ago, iso_55 said:

When's the radio contract up? I think the other station will go hard for it.

The other station will indeed go hard for it. They're a 24 hour sports station and summer is their obvious weakness. Don't have primary access to the bomber coach by virtue of contractual obligations to CJOB. CJOB only pays heed to bombers for 3 hours of game, mild pre-game and post game, otherwise they barely exist.

TSN1290 could easily absorb bombers 18 games from July thru November. Right now they're over-analyzing every expression and word Mike O'Shea emits - and that's only if Kevin Chevyldayoff doesn't blow his nose and cause a firestorm of analysis.

Only problem is that Bob Irving is heading to 70 - and CJOB doesn't sell enough bomber ads to warrant a full-time road color analyst. The last time 1290 had the bombers they had some really horrid play by play guys (I think Robb Glazier was one). One move I'd like to see is a crew of Doug Brown doing play by play, Walby on color and Westwood & Bauming on the sidelines.

But I suspect Darrin Bauming thinks he's the natural replacement when Irving calls it a day - that's why he's sticking around.

Another guy they could fetch is Derek Taylor from TSN TV. He used to do Bisons ball in CIS and wasn't bad.

I wanna know who provided the horseshoes and why didn't they provide them the last 2 weeks?

We played well bu we got a lot of breaks this game. For once it seemed like things went our way. Smith's catch, M Harris catching our kickoff, tip drill int when Hammy was driving.

Nice to see and I get that you don't win games solely on luck, it just really seemed to be there last night.