Chamblin

Floyd

I'll start it...

Replace Hall with Chamblin asap, like by game four...  new playbook growing pains can't be worse than no passion.

At least we'll have a D that's competitive and someone to step in as HC once Osh retires.

Hall finally has a DL that should work with his style... but its not.

If you have other suggestions, feel free - but Chamblin runs a nice D, our front seven would thrive.

9 hours ago, Floyd said:

I can feel the excitement... its like we've just stopped Messam after a 25 yard gain.

Ya know, there is only one Messam in the league and the Bombers could have picked him up at least twice in the last 3 years for a song plus a nickel.  Instead they wanked over his personality disorder and he proceeds to run them into the ground repeatedly.  I wouldn't be surprised if he accumulated 500 yds a season just against the Bombers, it's not much of a stretch.  The best defence against Messam is to have the big ****** on their side of the ball! 

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

3 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Ya know, there is only one Messam in the league and the Bombers could have picked him up at least twice in the last 3 years for a song plus a nickel.  Instead they wanked over his personality disorder and he proceeds to run them into the ground repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly.  I wouldn't be surprised if he accumulated 500 yds a season just against the Bombers, it's not a stretch.  The best defence against Messam is to have the big bastard on their side of the ball! 

I still feel like this is karma for that game when Mike Kelly ran Fred Reid down BC's throat for 60 minutes and wouldn't let up...

6 hours ago, Captain Blue said:

Hall is superior to Champlin and it's not even close. Chamblin accomplished little as a coach other than a few lucky breaks.

At least when his GM bought him a bunch of good players, he took them to a grey cup victory.

When O'Shea is bought a bunch of good players, all he does is make them worse players. 

It's true the defence can't get off the field, and the offence can't stay on. I really think that if we stop going 2 and out, we improve everything. Ian Wild is a stud on defence. I haven't seen the stats, but don't recall hearing Cummings and Shologan's names mentioned last night at all. Those 2 have to pick it up. Did they play in the pre-season?? Don't think so. I saw Shologan cheap-shot Messam near the end of the game, that's about it.

So just looking for some stats to quote....man the CFL site is awful, and the Bombers' site is at least a bit better.....Wild and Fogg are leading in tackles by a wide margin. Our 2 big free agents??? 3 tackles for Shologan, and 2 for Cummings. Westerman?? He's got 5 that's not bad. Ian Wild has 15. I'm not a coach, I understand the linebackers should be making more tackles than the linemen, but 5 tackles in 2 games for those 2 guys isn't going to cut it.

9 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I dont think any DC is gonna make a massive difference with how long our D is left on the field. But It would certainly be a step in the right direction. Id much rather see him replace mos then plop. 

The D has to take it's share of the blame for being on the field so long last night. Calgary adjusted after the first quarter and ran the ball down their throats. They had plenty of chances to get themselves off the field and did not do it. Soft zone coverage and no tackling on the stamps runningbacks. They were worse than the offense last night even without the 4th quarter.

Walters is turning out to be Taman 2.0 but without the luxury of a Dave Ritchie or Doug Berry at the controls of the team. He's forced to recycle marginal players via free agency because he does not have the system of connections to find enough down south.

I'll throw out a wild suggestions, Milt for our next GM/director of player personnel, I'd have more faith in him at building a team that Walters at this point. If Hervey can do it in Edmonton so can Milt do it here.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

The D has to take it's share of the blame for being on the field so long last night. Calgary adjusted after the first quarter and ran the ball down their throats. They had plenty of chances to get themselves off the field and did not do it. Soft zone coverage and no tackling on the stamps runningbacks. They were worse than the offense last night even without the 4th quarter.

it wasnt as much zone as it was too deep man cover. Which is strategy not players. And that rb is like 50 pounds heavier then the next biggest in the cfl and has run all over this team every chance hes gotten.  We should have adjusted our called plays to have more spy/gap coverage and run blitzing. But we didnt.

13 hours ago, Floyd said:

I'll start it...

Replace Hall with Chamblin asap, like by game four...  new playbook growing pains can't be worse than no passion.

At least we'll have a D that's competitive and someone to step in as HC once Osh retires.

Hall finally has a DL that should work with his style... but its not.

If you have other suggestions, feel free - but Chamblin runs a nice D, our front seven would thrive.

As somewhat of a fan of the Green and White. I can assure you that you do not want Chamblin as your DC. That's what killed SK last year. Chamblin's ego was so big he dumped Richie and he ran the defence himself. The Riders Defense was like swiss cheese. There were holes everywhere and they couldnt stop a thing. Plus the tackling was piss poor! Richie won a Grey Cup in 2007 and 2013 as the DC in SK. So he does know his stuff

23 minutes ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

As somewhat of a fan of the Green and White. I can assure you that you do not want Chamblin as your DC. That's what killed SK last year. Chamblin's ego was so big he dumped Richie and he ran the defence himself. The Riders Defense was like swiss cheese. There were holes everywhere and they couldnt stop a thing. Plus the tackling was piss poor! Richie won a Grey Cup in 2007 and 2013 as the DC in SK. So he does know his stuff

So why this disaster on defence?

Hal needs better players, Posey & Johnson are not getting it done at HB nor are Bass & Wild at MLB. Make some personnel changes to the interior of that defence before you start pulling the plug on the coordinator.

Chamblin is just as crazy as Etch was.