Weston Dressler will not play vs. Calgary

Mike

7 hours ago, Goalie said:

Sheppard had more drops i think, Mayo brings more speed in my opinion and was pretty sure handed also. 

I don't believe Sheppard had a single drop in pre-season and he had some really nice catches in traffic were he had to fight for the ball.  As somebody explained earlier, Mayo is closer to Dressler in skill-set and playing WR is probably the better sub. in this situation.

3 hours ago, tracker said:

If I am not mistaken, this is not Dressler's first bell-ringer and if so, they will need to be extra super careful with him. Don't be surprised if his stay on the IR is more than one game.

I don't remember Dressler ever having a Concussion. I do remember a few times tweaking the hamstring. That's been a off and on thing, but he has always sort of played through it. Bottom line, dressler needs to smarten TFU and get out of bounds or something. Foolish to take unnecessary hits. I was mad at him watching the game and he doesn't even play for us anymore.

On ‎2016‎-‎06‎-‎29 at 0:23 PM, tracker said:

Was anyone fooled by O'Shea's pronouncements that Dressler "might" be ready for Calgary? Well, at least we no longer have to hold the Mayo.

I was quite surprised to hear that he was even trying to practice. I'm going to assume he had headaches and/or dizziness during or after trying to physically exert himself and got shut down. I realize and understand that the football helmet far exceeds the hockey helmet, but then the degree of violence associated with the contact also is much greater. If he had been knocked senseless in hockey he would've been out for weeks, and it just seemed so fast for him to be back a couple of days later.

43 minutes ago, ddanger said:

I was quite surprised to hear that he was even trying to practice. I'm going to assume he had headaches and/or dizziness during or after trying to physically exert himself and got shut down. I realize and understand that the football helmet far exceeds the hockey helmet, but then the degree of violence associated with the contact also is much greater. If he had been knocked senseless in hockey he would've been out for weeks, and it just seemed so fast for him to be back a couple of days later.

If Dressler had a serious concussion you wouldn't see hide nor hair of him at practice, as he would confine himself to a bed in a dark, quiet room with no oinky boinky.