Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

4 minutes ago, peggars said:

who in the right mind would sign with sask right now?  I imagine Roosevelt wont resign there, perhaps we dump ryan smith and target him hard in FA.  

You don't mean the Ryan Smith you guys totally fleeced us on by signing him?  We were stupid to let him go and all that. I'm as guilty as anyone for sometimes disregarding comments made by other teams fans about player x when we sign him. I guess as fans we all want to support our team and believe they are making good moves.. Smith was a mistake, he can't stay on the field. Too bad because he is a good player.

Just now, Ripper said:

You don't mean the Ryan Smith you guys totally fleeced us on by signing him?  We were stupid to let him go and all that. I'm as guilty as anyone for sometimes disregarding comments made by other teams fans about player x when we sign him. I guess as fans we all want to support our team and believe they are making good moves.. Smith was a mistake, he can't stay on the field. Too bad because he is a good player.

i like the signing and had high hopes for him, but he has not produced this year.  I would not be opposed to keeping him next year at all for a redemption year, but i want Roosevelt more as he is a top 3 receiver in the league and we dont need anymore 5'9 slot receivers.

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Anthony Calvillo needs to take over the helm, stat. 

I'm not sure he has the strength or personality to control these guys either. He has always struck me as too quiet a person for a HC role. While he has a personal fire within, you never see it come out.

I think he's in a good spot right now and still needs to mentor under a good coach. Not Popp.

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

He's there right now. Doesn't need to be HC to be effective. Obviously, he can't control them either.

It just seems this organization right now is lacking in calmness and professionalism that may need an injection of something different to stop the crap that's going on. AC with more decision-making ability might offer than, knowing his experience is still somewhat green. Obviously, bringing someone in someone would be an option as well. Popp has a bit ofa history when it comes to this.