Tommy Mayonnaise at receiver

Loffler at safety

Hubbard vs. Green at rush end

Corney taking reps

Things I'm not excited to see:

Kevin Cone taking the bulk of the reps at WR

Jace Davis not being able to play

Anyone significant and important to our team getting dinged up

I'm excited for the sights and sounds of the stadium.

I can't wait to see Harris line up in the backfield. I'm hoping to see Dressler run some routes. I'm excited to see who will get the first preseason sack.

Bring it on!

Gearing up for 49th season......and as always, some things I will be looking for:

More physical approach, on both sides of the line - really got pushed around too much, last year

The big play capabilities of Harris, Dressler and Smith

Who is the Safety?

What kind of sets, and who is who, with all these LBs?

Quicker tempo (as in much quicker) and spreading the field on O

Punting

I'm pumped for:

- The bombers looking awesome in their new duds!  Except I'll be listening to the radio stream so I'll just have to imagine it.

- Waggoner and Loffler taking reps

- Carlos Anderson tearing up the field. Seriously rooting for this guy.

- Macho Harris playing himself out of the MBB whipping boy role.

- Punting.  Billy Pavs has a big leg but does he have Medlock's precision?

- Hoping for a flash from the bottom two QBs and hope it's not a Marve-type illusion.

Edited by johnzo

20 minutes ago, do or die said:

What kind of sets, and who is who, with all these LBs?

Quicker tempo (as in much quicker) and spreading the field on O

Preseason's gonna be pretty vanilla in terms of schemes, though, right?  Aren't they holding back the special sauce for the regular season?

20 minutes ago, johnzo said:

I'm pumped for:

- The bombers looking awesome in their new duds!  Except I'll be listening to the radio stream so I'll just have to imagine it.

- Waggoner and Loffler taking reps

- Carlos Anderson tearing it up. Seriously rooting for this guy.

- Macho Harris playing himself out of the MBB whipping boy role.

- Punting.  Billy Pavs has a big leg but does he have Medlock's precision?

- Hoping for a flash from the bottom two QBs and hope it's not a Marve-type illusion.

TSN Go app or live streams via kodi. 

Effort will be the biggest thing to look for. Schemes and things will be vanilla and there's bound to be a lack of precision overall, but there's no excuse for lack of effort. Balls out every play..  

I want to see players recognizing, and reacting. I want to see new heroes step forward. I want to see excited reactions for good plays made. 

I want to see FOOTBALL!! again!!

We have the benefit of having both our pre-season games being played before the 1st cutdown date. I want angst when the Coaching staff is pouring over the films because there are too many tough decisions to be made. Then of course, I want them to come up with a solution to all this.

Well this guy is just excited to see some real football again! I made it down to the stadium for day 1 of TC - but this is a little closer to the real thing! Just hoping to see no players get injured, the starters on O move the ball and a few intriguing youngsters that have already been mentioned here; Corney, Loeffler, Waggoner etc.  Oh and those jerseys, real excited to see those on the field for the first time.

Probably no better place to put this for now, but for those STH attending the home opener on the 24th and curious how/if they'd follow the Jets and the draft: I tweeted at Darren Cameron and asked if the Bombers would have anything planned to at least show a snippet of Laine pulling on his Jets sweater, and here's his response:

I'm a big fan of anything that can bring the Big Blue and Jets together. Just too big a hometown homer I suppose. But with an outdoor game at IGF this fall, this feels like the perfect time to create some more synergy between the two clubs. 

I'm looking forward to seeing some football again, especially played in our new uniforms. I don't expect much from the game itself as preseason games are rarely any good, but often have a great play sprinkled in here and there. It's my first look at all the new guys so I'll finally get a chance to see what the TC camp folks have been seeing for the last couple of weeks. 

Montreal won't be bringing all their starters so I'm looking for our starters, when they're in, to dominate their backups.

Injuries on our D line probably mean extra reps for our new DL starters. I'm hoping to see them dominate Montreal's O line  who will have at least 4 changes on their O line since last year.

I hope to see PLAP's new offense generate a lot of yards, some big plays, and protect the QB's. Preseason games rarely have much if any blitzing so this should be doable especially when our #1's are in.

I know it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but I'd like to see a win. IMO, it would be good for both the fans and the team.

Definitely not sure what Popp is doing, especially since he just said this yesterday:

“Kevin Glenn needs to play in the pre-season. Out of eight quarters, he’s going to see several of those quarters — maybe half.”

If that's the case, that leaves as little  as 4 quarters for the other 6 guys... how much does he expect to see out of them in such limited reps?

3 hours ago, braddman19 said:

So how long do we think Wily will get in the preseason game?

A half? A quarter?  2 or 3 series?

Hopefully we get him into the game, and out of the game, unscathed.

I say because it is the home game he gets a half or close to it.  The next game he gets 2 or 3 series.

Edited by JohnnyOnTheSpot

3 hours ago, braddman19 said:

So how long do we think Wily will get in the preseason game?

A half? A quarter?  2 or 3 series?

Hopefully we get him into the game, and out of the game, unscathed.

I read somewhere (sorry I can't recall where) that O'Shea said Willy would play long enough to get into a rhythm... so theoretically if the offense comes out and dominates on the first drive, he could be one and done...