Cortez among OC's on Bomber wish list

Mr. Perfect

Does Wylie deserve to come back? Our OL has been brutal for both of his years, and with Chris Greaves going from a healthy scratch as a Bomber to a starter with the champs, that's gotta make you wonder...

I guess this is beaten to detail already but... how much of the OL problem can be blame to MarcelB's protection scheme?

Floyd, you would seriously make Howell a QB coach over Buck?

Yeah, Howell has been with the bombers for five years, the move to QB coach would be to groom him to be an HC/OC eventually. 

I think Buck had some really bad habits... long reads, trouble checking down, leading with his head... I don't want him anywhere near the QBs.

I'm not sure how Buck played on the field has any bearing on what type of coach he is. 

Look at Maas, he wasn't great, look at Brady, again not exactly all star calibre in terms of his play... Crandell, again... Khari even, Was ok but definitely did some dumb things too.

Theres a difference between playing and coaching. 

O'shea and Lapolice worked together in the past did they not? There is some history there... You don't think Lapo who lives here year round and O'shea who lives here year round don't hang out together? LOL. 

I don't know, me and you live here year round and we don't hang out. :)

Lapo spent 3 years as a receiver coach with the Argos in 2000, 2001, and 2006.  So O'Shea was with Hamilton in 2000, Toronto 2001 and on.  Don't know how much a LB would interact with a receiver's coach.

I'm not sure how Buck played on the field has any bearing on what type of coach he is. 

Look at Maas, he wasn't great, look at Brady, again not exactly all star calibre in terms of his play... Crandell, again... Khari even, Was ok but definitely did some dumb things too.

Theres a difference between playing and coaching. 

I agree... but Maas, Brady and Crandell all were basically backups and spent much of their career as 'asst coaches'.

Howell seems to be a 'student of the game' kind of guy...  that being said, I'd be fine with Howell as ST coach and Dyce as QB.

I just think give Buck a few years to learn how to coach and then make the move.

Don't get me wrong, my dream coaching core is Maas (OC), Khari (QB), Wylie/Charbonneau (OL), Edwards (REC), Dyce (ST), Buck (RB/Strength/Conditioning) and move Howell to LB coach

I'd absolutely love to have Lapo as OC here. I wonder if Kari would even Come as QB coach. .. if he did that would be fantastic...

Having Buck and Jones as Lapo's assistants would be fantastic for his success as well

Yes Buck and Lapo could have that awkward conversation about what they were doing in Winnipeg 3 and a half years ago

I'd absolutely love to have Lapo as OC here. I wonder if Kari would even Come as QB coach. .. if he did that would be fantastic...

Having Buck and Jones as Lapo's assistants would be fantastic for his success as well

Yes Buck and Lapo could have that awkward conversation about what they were doing in Winnipeg 3 and a half years ago

Buck didn't understand what LaPo wanted him to do the first time around so I doubt he would get it now. 

Floyd, you would seriously make Howell a QB coach over Buck?

Yeah, Howell has been with the bombers for five years, the move to QB coach would be to groom him to be an HC/OC eventually. 

I think Buck had some really bad habits... long reads, trouble checking down, leading with his head... I don't want him anywhere near the QBs.

This makes no sense. Since Jarious Jackson was Buck's back up in BC would you not want him as a OC.

Looks like everything is falling in place for the return of PLAP. I shake my head and sigh.

Oh c'mon, you've been pre-shaking your head and pre-sighing since season's end.

You were just waiting for a name.

Oh c'mon. I've been saying that PLAP's not the best guy for any job since before we canned him as our HC. You don't remember the vanilla offenses and the 3 yard dump passes when we needed 10 yards or more? How bout the number of times that Buck and other QB's took huge beatings under PLAP's offensive schemes? Yah... I'm sure you remember all of that but have someone other than PLAP to blame. Now that it looks like we've decided to give PLAP a 3rd try folks are suddenly OK with it?

Just cuz lapolice was one of several people interviewed doesn't mean a thing. Why nobody talking about Jackson or Khari.

I think regardless of who the new OC will be.... people won't be happy cuz that's how some are. Lapolice Khari Jackson Brady... take your pick really.... Bombers name "insert name here" OC... people will not be happy

Buck didn't understand what LaPo wanted him to do the first time around so I doubt he would get it now. 

to be fair nobody understood the 3 yard pass play on 2nd and 10 all the time

Looks like everything is falling in place for the return of PLAP. I shake my head and sigh.

Oh c'mon, you've been pre-shaking your head and pre-sighing since season's end.

You were just waiting for a name.

Oh c'mon. I've been saying that PLAP's not the best guy for any job since before we canned him as our HC. You don't remember the vanilla offenses and the 3 yard dump passes when we needed 10 yards or more? How bout the number of times that Buck and other QB's took huge beatings under PLAP's offensive schemes? Yah... I'm sure you remember all of that but have someone other than PLAP to blame. Now that it looks like we've decided to give PLAP a 3rd try folks are suddenly OK with it?
Common..

Anyway, I'm not in corner of a LaPolice rehire...we can aim higher, but what I was saying is that it didn't matter what name was inserted there, you were a-shakin, and a-sighin.

He's not even hired yet.

Khari Jones? Nah..too buddy buddy...shaking and a sighin

Jason Maas? Nah..wouldn't pay for him..and he's too new...shaking and a sighin

Jarious Jackson? Nah..no experience...shaking and a sighin

Chad Allen? Just shaking all over..

That's my point...

I would rather give Brady or Jackson a shot over a guy who has failed twice with us.

Also Maas wasn't a crap backup.. The guy was a legit starter and regardless it makes no difference on a players skill level or how many years he played.

Coaching has completely different variables then playing.