Cortez among OC's on Bomber wish list

Mr. Perfect

Bobby Dyce's name was in the mix but it seems to have fizzled out.   Always thought he had a brilliant football mind but the lustre seems to have worn off since he lost his OC duties in Sask.   

I don't want us to roll the Dyce on Bob. Yeah, I know.... Position coach, sure. OC no way. 

Yea not sure I get the lapo hate. His offenses were better then MBs and I dont think his concepts are outdated or ineffective.

Id rather go with a different option myself but hes far from a horrible option people around here are making him out to be.

Yea not sure I get the lapo hate. His offenses were better then MBs and I dont think his concepts are outdated or ineffective.

Id rather go with a different option myself but hes far from a horrible option people around here are making him out to be.

He'd be a good hire. If he wants to come here. Now with the HC position open in Edmonton...

Maas and Cortez, are not an OC options anymore.

Right now, LaPo and K.Jones are the top 2 names that are floating. If I have to chose between them, I rather have LaPo.

J.Jackson is a dark horse here. Although, he has a lot of options, (1) stay with Edm to be OC under Maas, (2) follow C.Jones, (3) go back to BC and (4) go to Wpg.

I'm guessing McAdoo will follow Jones in Ssk.

I bet Brady and Condell will stay on the shadows of their HCs.

Whenever people complain about Lapolice, I keep going back to the fact that the last time he was here, he was scheming for a very underwhelming quarterback. I keep going back to the fact that people criticized him for playing it safe, but that only seemed to be when Pierce was QB - Elliott used to be able to sling it and attack defenses just fine.

Here's where I'm at with things - If we hire Lapolice and he calls plays for Willy like he did for Elliott, we should be in for a pretty decent offensive attack.

Bobby Dyce's name was in the mix but it seems to have fizzled out.   Always thought he had a brilliant football mind but the lustre seems to have worn off since he lost his OC duties in Sask.   

I don't want us to roll the Dyce on Bob. Yeah, I know.... Position coach, sure. OC no way. 

I'd love Dyce back here for Special Teams coach.

But I wouldnt mind C.Dickenson or Kilam here too... whoever becomes available.

Dickenson apparently will either follow Jones or hook up with his brother in Calgary.  If he goes to Calgary, Penton says Kilam would likely wind up in BC or Toronto.

The Riders with Reinbold as GM, Jim Daley as Head Coach, Marcel as OC and Etch as DC would be a dream.

Ok now your just being mean. LOL.  No Jim Daley on staff?

???

Rumour has Craig joining Dave for the DIckenson connection in Calgary... I would like to see a guy like Mark Kilam on our staff...

Our new OC will probably bring his own guys in... at least, I hope he's allowed to...

My preference (if we can't get Maas) would be:

OC - Khari Jones

QB - Howell

OL - Wylie

RB/OL - Charbonneau

REC - Edwards

ST - Dyce

Strength/Conditioning - Buck

Not a huge fan of Lapo and I'm not sure he'd work with OShea...

Keep the DC coaches the same...  I'd like an improvement but Hall has done a decent job.

I would also make Trevor Harris the highest paid QB in the league and Willy would become our backup.

Sign another OL, another DL and a replacement for Nick Moore.  Load up TC with receivers and DL.

Is Khari under contract for next year?  What are the odds is Lapo as OC and Khari as QB coach?

I'm all for that.

I believe all the coaches other than MB will be returning next season.  So I don't think you'll see K Jones as QB coach.

If you're taking away the new OC's autonomy to have a say in his own assistants... then don't get your hopes up on getting a quality candidate....

Is Khari under contract for next year?  What are the odds is Lapo as OC and Khari as QB coach?

I'm all for that.

I believe all the coaches other than MB will be returning next season.  So I don't think you'll see K Jones as QB coach.

I think whoever the OC will be should have the liberty to select his own assistants. If it's Lapo, I would assume that Howell and Wylie  are safe since they have worked with him before. And we all know how LaPo like Pierce. ;)

QB coach Dahlquist was brought by Marcel (Omaha connection)... 

If not K.Jones, one thing I can think is... move Pierce as QB coach and bring Cobourne as RB coach.