Cortez among OC's on Bomber wish list

Mr. Perfect

Madani was right about huff being offered the Sask job. Why people think they can have those conversations and make those offers and think it won't get leaked is ludicrous. Then insult people by then denying it is worse. Huff told too many people and I know one of the people he told.

The story from Craig Reynolds (a fairly reliable source) is he asked Huff if he was interested... Huff said no... end of conversation... there was never an "offer"...

See, I'm not gonna pretend to say " person x" is the wrong hire cuz i have no idea what they are going on about in their meetings.. As much as at times, I like to think i'm an expert on everything, the reality is... I'm not. I'm a fan, i really don't know what's going on behind the scenes and quite frankly, i don't think it's any of my business.

If Khari is the guy, then so be it... It must mean whatever he said in his meeting with O'shea, cuz regardless, it's gonna be O'shea picking the OC, people can talk of Khari being friends with Miller and all this, It's irrelevant... It really is and I think people who say that... they are pushing an agenda of sorts, pretending the old boys club exists when it really doesn't...

The reality in the CFL, everybody knows everybody... Miller knowing Khari? Who cares, cuz he also knows LAPO, Maas, Brady,Cortez and a bunch of other people. 

If Khari is the guy, you know what? Good, let's see what he can do before throwing him under the bus before he even gets a chance. 

Conspiracy theories are great and all but, really 90 percent of them are just pure BS...

Miller isn't the guy picking the OC, O'shea is. 

Yup. Regardless of who the OC is, Whether it's Lapo,Brady,Maas,Cortez(doubt it due to retiring and all), Whoever really... Gotta give them a chance.

See what they can do, might surprise some people. 

We did that with Barresi... then Crowton... then Bellefuile...

Why would we need to give OCs time... should Redblacks have given Mike Gibson one more season? 

If the offence doesn't click within the first season, its not going to...

Yup. Regardless of who the OC is, Whether it's Lapo,Brady,Maas,Cortez(doubt it due to retiring and all), Whoever really... Gotta give them a chance.

Why would we need to give OCs time... should Redblacks have given Mike Gibson one more season? 

So what would make Khari unsuitable? He's pretty much the stereotypical pick for a guy to get an OC position.... ex quarterback in the league, been on several offensive staffs the last few years and always has a job so he's not being shunned because he's a poor coach.... Seems like exactly the kind of guy who goes on to become an offensive coordinator. He got bumped out of the position in BC because of Cortez coming available so when you lose your position to a guy with that kind of track record is it really a black mark? His time as OC in Hamilton he had Bellefool as head coach and Kevin Glenn as quarterback, pretty much the recipe for mediocrity at best. 

If Khari Jones was anyone other than a former Bomber people would be more excited about hiring him, but having a past connection to the Bombers brings up too much talk of old boys clubs which are seen in a negative light around here. 

Good god man, It's the friggin off-season. We haven't even hired an OC yet... Can you maybe just maybe wait until they name the OC until you start all of the doom and gloom stuff. Cuz right now, what's the point really...

You have to understand.

It's training camp right now for the second-guessers and place-pickers.

There really aren't any right picks for OC according to a few, not because there aren't any, it's just that any choice the Blue will make won't be good enough or will have been pre-chosen or "leftovers".

And that's why you don't see them making their own choices.

You've heard the term bait-and-switch?

This is wait-and-b*itch.

Or in Khari's case, this is a pre-b*itcher's dream come true - former Bomber....knows the big boss.

Gotta be two "faux pas" right there.

So what would make Khari unsuitable? .... blah blah blah

Good god man, It's the friggin off-season. We haven't even hired an OC yet... Can you maybe just maybe wait until they name the OC until you start all of the doom and gloom stuff. Cuz right now, what's the point really...

You have to understand.

It's training camp right now for the second-guessers and place-pickers...  blah blah blah

Off-season.... a place where 17to85 loses his mind over a post that had nothing to do with Khari Jones and where Goalie and Mr Dee over-react to negative posts - which include all posts that aren't written by them, ha

All we need is GCn11 to pile on now.

Well. The negative posts don't really bother me. I guess I just don't see the point in being negative at this time. It's one thing to criticize the team but when you do it all the time... it gets old and makes you wonder if some people truly are bomber fans or if they are just here to constantly complain about everything

This is a big pressure hire for O'Shea. There are a few good candidates out there that will be a vast improvement to MB. I wouldn't be super stoked with a Khari hire but I'd be willing to give him a chance. I thought he did a pretty decent job with BC in 2014 considering he had no QBs to work with.

O'Shea is not dumb and he knows that he's running out of chances.  So I expect that he's going to try and hire like his career depends on it.

Actually I hope he's not making decisions with this mindset as he'd be more apt to make a mistake. 

I would rather a coach make every major decision this way, because ultimately, he career does count on them.

Madani was right about huff being offered the Sask job. Why people think they can have those conversations and make those offers and think it won't get leaked is ludicrous. Then insult people by then denying it is worse. Huff told too many people and I know one of the people he told.

The story from Craig Reynolds (a fairly reliable source) is he asked Huff if he was interested... Huff said no... end of conversation... there was never an "offer"...

That still is tampering. But this is the CFL so it's pretty much a joke. 

That still is tampering. But this is the CFL so it's pretty much a joke. 

Apparently it's not considered tampering in the CFL:

The 'Riders offered me their own explanation on Wednesday.

('Riders president Craig Reynolds) followed CFL protocol with all our GM candidates,” said a 'Riders spokesperson. "He approached candidates directly to see if they were interested in the position. If a candidate expressed interest, Craig then contacted the concerned organization to ask for permission. In the case of (Hufnagel), Craig asked and John said he wasn’t interested. So the process ended there. We didn’t ask for permission to speak to him and we never made him an offer.”

http://www.tsn.ca/roughriders-never-made-offer-to-hufnagel-1.403336